frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2019 Team - Rooster Endurance

Comments

• Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @dhr just to clarify I did take it as a joke and it certainly reflects an important piece of Ben’s history with triathlon. My issue was with the potential direction the thread could take when trying to build something new. I’d rather not have people turned off either continuing on with us or new people not interested in joining . #sworry
    Aaron WebsteyTad_Mdhr
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Yeah I'm okay with sponsor logos. Hell, Infinit and a few others have been around for us for quite a while.
    Craig_DAaron Webstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    I'll consider sponsoring the team if RASH is placed near the pubic bone on each kit.
    Craig_DwchevronkjrunninAaron WebsteyJames LangeKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mmbrekk44MattJohns622slickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    #Get@AaronWebsteyaheadband2019
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MCraig_DMartinsimonsen77
    HMKP
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited October 2018

KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MCraig_DMartinAaron Websteysimonsen77GasBombgregk
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited October 2018

I'll kinda excited. Are we gonna keep the colors? And if so, can we lean toward the darker color schemes?

Also, I really wanted to do nSworry Trials this year but it wasn't possible. How early do you think we could get dates?

@toebutt769 I have the cabins/private park area are rented already for July 25-28, and Aug. 1-4 2019. I can't pin it down yet because
    1. My son's long course state swim meet won't be announced until the end of the year
    2. @AaronWebstey hasn't announced yet if he is changing his wife's birthday

Stay tuned. I'm hoping to get Ali Brownlee to do the commentary.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WarekjrunninCraig_DMartinAaron Websteyabussey1James LangerangamelGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Millennial pink and lavender as the 2019 team colors?
    ~crossing fingers~
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DAaron Websteyrangamel
    HMKP
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I just want a cool group of people to chill with at races. The type of people who wont be awake to see the first place finisher but will stick around with a beer for last place.

...also I want wetsuit STRIPPERS AND joeBLOW bike pumps.
    Craig_DAaron Websteyabussey1Tad_MM_WareJohns622PreachSwansonKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77rangamelslickfins_RyanGrantInSLCgregk
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Any chance we could do another order of those hi-viz bike jerseys? Still kicking myself for not having ordered one.

Also: speedo-style racing suits for the men.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MPreachSwanson
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    My wife's bday will remain Aug 16. July 25-28 would be the best date for many Canadians as the first weekend in August is a long weekend with a lot of family stuff going on. Just FYI :)

@Martin do you mean the ones that @Dark_mark had made, or the ladies' team gear from a couple years ago? Both would look great on you. You might be the only one who could pull off a speedo without scaring the children though ...

@Brew_Tri you have come to the right place. *Strippers and **blow for all!!

*Wetsuit
    **Joe
    Brew_TriTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Martin - I have the Darkside and the Lightside cycling kits that Mark had designed from a local source of his. They are absolutely amazing and that kind of a one off extra (though expensive as individuals pieces) is one way we hope to do things so that we can get people more of what they want and less of what they don't.
    M_WareCraig_DTad_MGasBomb
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey @PreachSwanson i am sure you guys have eveything under wraps, but LG has a pretty slick custom program. no min and good prices and you can get a bunch of different gear.

PreachSwansonAaron WebsteyM_WareTad_M
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Zach Boring We don't have it all figured out... We have AJ and Ben advise and the knowledge that some of that is good and some of that is really bad... Thanks!
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyCraig_D
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited October 2018
    Damnit @AaronWebstey this better not turn into PotM and we hear all the details next June. You promised this week!
    Seriously though, after a couple year hiatus from racing to look after my kids and waste time/money on grad school, I'm ready to race. Also bumped up to a new age group. How fast are the 35-39 yr olds nowadays?
    And, speedos.
    Craig_DM_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Damnit @AaronWebstey this better not turn into PotM and we hear all the details next June. You promised this week!
    Seriously though, after a couple year hiatus from racing to look after my kids and waste time/money on grad school, I'm ready to race. Also bumped up to a new age group. How fast are the 35-39 yr olds nowadays?
    And, speedos.

@PreachSwanson is involved - so you can be sure it won't suck.
    KenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf You shouldn't even bother, especially at any races I might be at - there are already enough guys faster than me.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @Rash that's heavily dependent on what my next job is and where you're located. If I land the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow, I'll be traveling m-f every week and won't be able to travel for races. If I take the job I landed for january, you've officially been put on notice (if I can convince the wife/kids). Also, that leaves me with 3 full months off to build my base. Just saw 2020 70.3 WC may be be Taupo. Could definitely convince the family to head down. I expect the sheep to entice a large contingent of maritimers. Plus @Dark_mark and @bbculp
    @AaronWebstey do you have July POTM yet?
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwanson
  • Options
    Oh crap, another fast guy to finish behind! If the notice is that you'll be in my neck of the woods in January, no worries - I won't leave my house until about April.
  • Options
    @rash I don't know where you are (I'm sure it's posted somewhere). I'd start working in Jan in a position that would allow for much exercising and travel, so come the real season, I'll intentionally seek you out to kick you in the face on the swim.
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf I think you misread my initial post as shit talking. Ha.

I did have my best swim ever in my last sprint coming out of the water first in 9:28 (allegedly 750m) with about 45 seconds on second out of the water and a 2 minute lead on the guy who ultimately passed me on the bike and held on to beat me. So if you are looking to dominate mediocrity, come find me! Maybe we can just go do hill repeats on China Grade in good old Bakersfield sometime!
  • Options
    Yes @rash I forgot about my Bakersfield days. Round mountain was a nice ride with good variation in terrain. Coming from a 2 min maximal effort running background, I preferred the climb up panorama. Does the Bakersfield tri still force you to crawl up bastard and hangglider? I'd come out to heckle/hand out beers on those.
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf Last I heard those climbs were still included in the Tri, however that was a few years ago - not sure they still run it. I moved out of Bakersfield long before I ever took up endurance sports, however I do ride Round Mountain almost every time I visit (1 to 2 times a year) along with the Panorama climb and all the other ones available out in the bluffs. I generally like the riding there. Once the oil fields shut down, the risk of a tanker truck killing you went down substantially. For a couple years it was like riding through a ghost town heading to Round Mountain.
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Not to take it away from the 35-39 ag boppers but will this be legit like cost me money or is this gonna be buy what you need?
    James Langeabussey1
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I would be interested in coming back on the team but I find it hard to be involved in it all of the fun stuff being so far away in Australia.

I am coming to California next year for a race in October so would be fun to try and organise a meet up around that time if we can sort something out?
    M_WareJames LangeTad_MGasBombKenElPescadoPelado
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    Do we get to split into the Red Cocks and Black Lightning again?
    GasBombslickfins_Ryan
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Tad_M said:

Do we get to split into the Red Cocks and Black Lightning again?

^^^^
    This x 10!

Tad_MKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryan

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Also, most sports teams have a little white circle on their uniforms which honour a particular players number.
    We need that on ours. The number is a given.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DGasBombMattMartinJohns622slickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Hey to answer some questions... There is going to be a bit of a both and. It will take some fees to get the basics done but Aaron and I don't want to make our living off this so we are working on reasonable. From there it will cost for extras. Those will likely cost more per item than if everyone had to buy but this will be more fair.

Preach

Also, I'm a 38 year old white guy so I suck but the crap I make usually doesn't so that's my way of saying that my shit don't stink and ours as a team won't!
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DrangamelTad_M
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Also a refreshed roost logo is in the works, so I hope no one is emotionally attached to the current one.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    HMKP

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch