frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2019 Team - Rooster Endurance

Comments

• Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

Who said we asked for training! Wasn't there some Facebook story about a guy running 26.2 without training on a bet... he's one of ours right :-)

That was me in high school - a friend on the football team bet me and my then girlfriend (who ran cross country) to run the Marine Corps Marathon. I bought a pair of running shoes the week before, and went on a 6 mile run once to see how it felt.

We played the last game of the season on that Friday, took the SATs that Saturday, and 'ran' the marathon on Sunday. I recall hitting the wall at ~ mile 19 but managed to be the only one who finished. The GF got horrible blisters and had to stop, and my friend hurt his knee along the way. My time was miserable (4:41:52), but I still remember it off the top of my head!

And it hurt to start wrestling practice that Monday. Ah, to have the ability to recover like I did when I was 17...
    ellsworth53tPreachSwansonAaronWebsteyTad_MJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoGranpa Chook
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Awesome. Why are we just hearing this now, @OverBiker_Sam ?
    AaronWebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladotoebutt769
  • Options
    Picture from somewhere around mile 10 - running in cotton t-shirt, cotton tighty whities, umbro soccer shorts, cotton socks, and my brand new running shoes.

Please note the complete lack of nutrition intake: I was convinced that eating would give me cramps, so not a shock I crashed at mile 19 (somewhere on Haynes Point, I think) and ran/walked the rest.

I reached out to MCM a few years ago, and was disappointed to find out that I was not the youngest person to run that year. I had just turned 17, and was full of fitness and stupidity (not too different than today).

M_WarePreachSwansonAaronWebsteyellsworth53tJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladorangamel
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    @OverBiker_Sam this is one of the greatest stories... Awesome stuff man
    ellsworth53tJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited September 27
    @OverBiker_Sam , requesting permission to make a life sized cutout of "Running Sam" for the 2019 #Sworry Trials running course please......
    You are my one stop shop ! (you don't happen to have any swimming stories with photos do you?)
    M_WareAaronWebsteyJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryan

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I'm in - It's always fun when I get to say to the wife - "Is it ok if I go hang out in a cabin in the woods in (insert some state in 'merica) with some random people I met on the internet and pretend to exercise?" I'm sure she wants to say - "Is the insurance up to date? yes - go for it..."

I should probably stop trying to use this as a selling feature to friends and acquaintances. Someone might actually sign up.
    PreachSwansonAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mrangamelslickfins_Ryan
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    @OverSwimmerCraig_D I used that line to describe the very first NY race year in a sermon once... I also include the fact that those cabins were used in every 1980's horror movie in the woods.
    Craig_DAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mslickfins_Ryan
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Steve HalewskiSteve Halewski Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @PreachSwanson Those cabins were definitely.... something. I'm amazed we all lived through the weekend.
    PreachSwansonAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mslickfins_Ryan

Steve Halewski
  • Options
    I still love the memory of 100k worth of bikes in a cabin that didn't really have a lock on it and the entire building had to cost less than 10k

@PreachSwanson Those cabins were definitely.... something. I'm amazed we all lived through the weekend.

AaronWebsteyCraig_DOverBiker_SamKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    TRS Racing
  • Options

I took my wife and 6 year old daughter there for this year's Toughman (which all of you bailed on). My daughter LOVED it, and is begging to go back for an entire week so she can go swim, play with fire, defeat me in ping pong, and generally get dirty and run about the campground.

My wife offered to stay at home for that week.
    (we stayed in the cabin between the two we had last year)

AaronWebsteyM_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MPreachSwansontoebutt769rangamel
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    A_drizzleA_drizzle Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @PreachSwanson I just love that you call this a "healthy community."
    M_WareCraig_DAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member
    edited September 28
    Yooooo, as the unofficial/official first overall pick of the team draft. I think we need video submissions to get on this team. Might be something we could cut into the kona banger that's already happening.
    M_WareCraig_DMaddie_McKAaronWebsteyMartinKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryan
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

Please let me in!!

Bring your costar @EmilyCocks now that she's gone AG. We must have Cocks on the Rooster Endurance Squad!
    M_WareAaronWebsteyTad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @AaronWebstey @PreachSwanson when is this party going to get started? I need challenges, goals, peer pressure, and all that good stuff, pronto!
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryan
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Expect details/announcements to start this week!
    M_Warerangamelslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    That's the spirit @Martin !

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete
    I don't race. I just train for life.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonrangamel
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I’m late to the thread, but I guess Macca was right: Ben was just a blow-in?

And now he’s a blow-out?
    Jennifer PostMartinAaronWebsteyrangamelslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    dhr said:

I’m late to the thread, but I guess Macca was right: Ben was just a blow-in?

And now he’s a blow-out?

Just an all around blow job.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteydhrJennifer Postslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    I’d rather not see this devolve into a Ben trashing segment. Blow in blow out doesn’t really matter. He did manage to create this place with the help of some other fine folks. If not for that I’d probably be fighting off injuries sustained in cross fit because I’d rather do that than hang out in the other forum. Macca is probably grinning from ear to ear but I really don’t care.
    AaronWebsteydhrPreachSwansonTad_Mrangamelslickfins_Ryan
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    @OverSwimmerCraig_D I like to think that some good-natured trashing of Ben is OK, but agree fully with you. This forum and team belong to all of you now, but it never would have started without Ben and @Dark_mark creating the Twitter triathlon subculture back in 2013/2014 and Ben's efforts to build a community. :)
    Jennifer PostCraig_DMaddie_McKTad_MMattGasBombslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    If you can’t joke about a guy who existed to primarily joke about triathlon, this place needs to die.
    Jennifer PostMartinAaronWebsteyRobert RankinMattabussey1
  • Options
    At least he can't threaten to "Shut this shit down" anymore.
    M_WareJennifer PostCraig_DdhrAaronWebsteyJames LangeRobert RankinMattslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Back onto the dream of the team... Aaron and I cannot make this happen without you, the team... We want to do a few team races, the Sworry Trials and get the new branding out for the team in 2019. We are going to be working on goals and strategy this week so we can open up signups and be clean on what joining the team means for everyone. We want your input. What would you want? What do you not want to see? Be open and honest but don't expect to get it all, we are going to make this great!
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    @dhr frig off, eh. Nobody will ever ask you not to make fun of Ben. Or me. Or @James Lange .

Sworry (not to Lange though)
    Tad_Mdhr
  • Options
    Yes, onward and upward!! Don't hold back, let us know what *you* value most and want to get from this team. I'm hoping for team headbands, but I'm not holding my breath.
    HMkrplunkitCraig_DTad_MGasBombslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Dark_markDark_mark Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    love you, webb
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I'll kinda excited. Are we gonna keep the colors? And if so, can we lean toward the darker color schemes?

Also, I really wanted to do nSworry Trials this year but it wasn't possible. How early do you think we could get dates?
    M_WareAaronWebsteyCraig_DGasBomb
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options
    I agree with @toebutt769 on the kit color request. It’d be good if we could keep it consistent for a couple of years in a row too to allow mix and match of a few different items. I’m not sure if that’s possible with a small group like ours and the minimum quantities? Since you guys now control the gear, open it up to sponsors too for advertising. You need to make it worth you while somehow. Decent hat, headband, and a t-shirt and I’m set
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoHMkrplunkitAaronWebstey
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch