frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Bold Kona Predictions

Comments

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    What did I miss... we're getting free vacations??????
    Brew_Tri
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Matt said:

Rick Hoyt will surprise everyone and tow/push Dick this year.

So Ben is making a comeback?
    MattCraig_D
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.
  • Options
    Predictions:

-In 9 hours of commentating, there won't be a single nano second of silence.
    -Every pro will have their run form overanalyzed.
    -You cant win the race during the swim but you can lose it.
    -At least one elastic band will be snapped in the swim.
    -Multiple "absolutelys", "definitelys" and "yeah, for sures" to be expressed.
    -Many racers strangely appearing to be fit
    -Finally, many times it will be affirmed that things are, will be, or soon will be interesting.
    Aaron WebsteyJames LangegregkCraig_DMattbbculpTad_M
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    What are the odds that new bikes (specifically a disc Canyon Speedmax) get announced at Kona?
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @bbculp Sinballe was pretty fuckin big and finished 3rd.
    Aaron WebsteyMattbbculp
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

@bbculp Sinballe was pretty fuckin big and finished 3rd.

Jurgen Zack's left leg weighs more than Lange and he finished second.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DbbculpTad_M
  • Options
    Ben Hobbs was at the front on Alii just a few yrs back and he's no twig.
    Aaron WebsteyJames LangegregkCraig_DMartinMattbbculpMaddie_McKidking90Tad_M
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited October 2019
    We should hit up @DHansenTri and Jennie for some live, on the ground Kona insights.

MattAaron WebsteyMartinwchevronTad_MPevashishDaul
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    After seeing this gender reveal, I’ve changed my mind. Gender reveals at the finish would get me to watch Kina this year. https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/de8y6u/gender_reveals_are_great/
    M_WareAaron WebsteyJames LangeTad_M
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Mark_after_Dark I think Torbjorn and Starky are pretty close in terms of weight. Torbjorn was an inch or so taller, but Starky is thicker.

Not that I spend much time checking out dudes.
    PevashishDaulAaron WebsteyMartinCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    bbculp said:

@Mark_after_Dark I think Torbjorn and Starky are pretty close in terms of weight. Torbjorn was an inch or so taller, but Starky is thicker.

Starky is thicc af
    Aaron WebsteyMartinCraig_DbbculpTad_M
  • Options

bbculp said:

Starky is thicc af
    Starky is thick in both body and mind
    Aaron WebsteyMatt
  • Options
    I think if we gave all of the Kona athletes IQ tests, Starky would come out near the top. Dude got his first patent on a piece on construction machinery when he was 23.

He's not Beals/Groffy/Tollakson smart, but he's not as dumb as he looks, sounds or acts.
  • Options
    @bbculp I'm not saying he's not intelligent. I'm saying he says daft things. I like him for that. Others don't.
    bbculpAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Anyone listened to any of Wurf's pre-race interviews from Hawaii? I have to say they are entertaining if you can forward through the obligatory techno music/exercise shots (T Cox). There is a German one (Kona Show #1 by Pushing Limits on youtube) he did which is actually a bit more sincere with some comedy still mingled in there. His actual interview, in English, starts at 5:15.
    M_WareMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    How hard was Wurf sandbagging that swim on the weekend? Did he stop for coffee? Was he just sitting behind Sanders and punching him in the calves to soften him up?
    Matt
  • Options
    The people who don’t understand or are offended by Wurf’s personality are amongst the dumbest people you’ll meet. They’re out there and you just can’t get away from them fast enough.
    bbculp
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Bold Kona prediction: @bbculp does not find a ride from the airport and has to take a cab for the first time in his 25 years of covering Kona.
    bbculpMattJames Lange
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Jokes on you @AaronWebstey. Some travel agency that sponsors Brownlee is sending a car just for me. They said to look for a guy in an orange vest holding a sign with my name, not to brag.

I'm 90% sure this is all a trick to have me extradited to Bahrain, but at least that'll make for a cool story.
    Jennifer PostM_WarePevashishDaulAaron WebsteyJames LangeCraig_DmaggieruTad_M
  • Options
    Sorry, only one name drop. Try again Brad.

Sad!
    bbculpRash
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    bbculpTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    bbculp said:

Jokes on you @AaronWebstey. Some travel agency that sponsors Brownlee is sending a car just for me. They said to look for a guy in an orange vest holding a sign with my name, not to brag.

I'm 90% sure this is all a trick to have me extradited to Bahrain, but at least that'll make for a cool story.

I knew you'd find someone. The whole "hey twitter who can spot me a ride" is one of the great and still-organic-sounding things about Kona IMO.

Good luck in Bahrain!
    bbculp
    #KOAT
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'll tell Nasser you and Ben said hi.
    Aaron WebsteyPevashishDaulMattCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    @PevashishDaul I forgot to mention that this one time I had a beer with both Brownlees in Abu Dhabi. Greg Welch paid. I went on to get black-out wasted with some asshole who used to work for FirstOffTheBike.com (remember that?) and then I nearly missed my flight the next morning until Tyler Butterfield used his first-class status to rush me through security.

How's that for name drops, bitch?
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareJames LangeJennifer PostCraig_DRashStruangPevashishDaulTad_MMattidking90
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    edited October 2019
    Not bad. Hashtag impressed.

No way to work Sanders into the story? Gotta raise the bar, hashtag nolimits.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    “Brad Libs”: The trigeek game where you tell a race weekend story and insert as many pro athlete names as possible.
    wchevronJames LangeAaron WebsteybbculpCraig_DMatt
  • Options
    I won a VERY PRESTIGIOUS AWARD for an article I wrote about Lionel a few years back. But I've met him in person for all of 30 seconds. If he spent any longer with me he'd relapse.
    PevashishDaulMartinJames LangeAaron WebsteyTad_MMatt
  • Options

Devashish Paul will be there, but will PavashishDaul?
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

He reminds me of the chef from Ratatoullie.
    PevashishDaulTad_MMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    Maybe next year. I’ll let this Dev character masquerade as me this year.

I didn’t know that Ironman made finishers shirts in size Boy’s medium?

I also pictured him as more of a crocs sandles kinda guy...

You can tell he’s been swimming a lot after getting run over by a city bus. He’s looking quite handsome.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DMatt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch