frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

TRS Radio Episode 113 - Lucy Charles + DMark & ECocks

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
On iTunes here.

About to listen on way home. Discuss!
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    RashRash Member
    edited July 2017
    @Dark_mark and @EmilyCocks - You are both very frustrated with the inconsistent application of the rules by WTC. While frustrating, it's not going away. Look at theTour - it is over 100 years old and they still can't figure it out. In the Tour, pro's matter and there is actually real money at stake.

While your frustrations are justified and shared, perhaps you should find a more productive target for your frustration and tweeting. I don't have any great suggestions - perhaps anti-cramping nutritional gimmicks or Rapp'ing? Maybe push to settle the debate between high fat/low fat, high carb/no carb and/or vegetarian/paleo?
  • Options
    stevejstevej Member
    No mention about the course cutting at Alcatraz and NYC tri?!

What happened to you guys? Disappointing.
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @rash well received, I know it is a lot to expect if cycling can't get their shit together.

The zipper rule does need to be made fun of.

@stevej NYC happened after we recorded. Would have made the show for sure.
    Aaron WebsteyRashRobert RankinTad_M
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    There is so much course cutting/cheating going on that it is hard to find a good time to record and discuss it all. Something happens literally while we are recording.

Seriously, what happened to integrity?
    PevashishDaulRashrangamelAaron WebsteyfyrehaarAlexSTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoJames Lange
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    ....The Milkman, the Paperboy, Evening TV?
    Rashdhrsimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyHensatcMartinKuch
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Agreed - Zipper rule is BS and is asking for ridicule.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Rash said:

Maybe push to settle the debate between high fat/low fat, high carb/no carb and/or vegetarian/paleo?

I've heard of a Rickroll, but are you trying to Richroll them/us?
    Rashfyrehaar
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    I really just want the two triathlete, self appointed dieting experts 1) Dave Scott (yeah fat) and 2) Rip Esselstyn (boo meat/fat is bad) to fight it out. Once they have battled to the death or arrive at an agreed upon diet, they then take on Loren Cordain/Joel Friel (Paleo), Colin Campbell (Vegetarian) and Rich Roll (Vegan). They all seem to sample science and confuse correlation/causation when necessary.

At the end of the day, I want a pile of bloody bodies and one, final diet I can plug in and strictly follow to a life of health, wealth and general sexiness. Until then, I chose ice cream.
    Craig_DM_WarefyrehaarTad_MKuchBrent_RMartinMatt
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Rash said:

Until then, I chose ice cream.

If you're looking for variety, this pairs best with copious amounts of beer and a sickening amount of pizza.

You're welcome.
    RashMartin
  • Options
    @EmilyCocks keep firing those F bombs!

I'd like a crack at @AaronWebstey relay bet. Maybe next year
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    BHobbsBHobbs Member
    Yeah, we really need another podcast dedicated to nutrition. Great idea.
    rangamelAaron WebsteyAlexSCraig_Dellsworth53tMartin
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Podcast? Who said anything about a podcast? The battle is on their own time, just bring out the victor and the final verdict at the end. There will be no need for discussion as there will be no debatable issues - all will have been resolved on the battle field. That is how science works, right?
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Fly me down to Aruba and I'll swim.
    ItsShugKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Purple Douche, my new favorite.
    Martin
  • Options
    AlexSAlexS Member
    I thought the Reece's pieces question was clever, Ben didn't seem that impressed.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert Rankinidking90
  • Options
    TriDVMTriDVM Member
    Hasn't every other podcast reviewed Roth and interviewed Lucy Charles by now? Emily and DarkMark are the only part of the show worth listening to these days...
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    TriDVM said:

Hasn't every other podcast reviewed Roth and interviewed Lucy Charles by now? Emily and DarkMark are the only part of the show worth listening to these days...

You didn't include enough dots at the end of your statement indicating a disinterested trailing off of your thought.
    Watch this: I think it will be just a matter of time before the show jumps the shark........
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    wchevronPevashishDaulidking90MamaCheetahMartinrigpig
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    Fonz can do anything. He's the Thomas Gerlach of 70's based family sitcoms.
    M_WareBrew_TriKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteyidking90Tad_MCraig_DaltaylorausMamaCheetahBrendo78MartinrigpigMatt
  • Options
    You guys need to get your facts straight. Madi Serpico did not cut the course on purpose. She was so upset at the end of the race after they posted her "run time". She called me absolutely devastated and crushed as she could not believe she had missed a lap. She would never want to take anything away from the hard working girls who she trains and races with.
    Madi is one of the nicest people I have ever known. She does not have a malicious or deceitful bone in her body, and if you talk to anyone else that knows her they will be able to reiterate this. Not only calling her out on something you did not get all the facts about, but how she makes a living to afford triathlon since it is such a struggle for most professional and aspiring professional triathletes is disappointing. Madi deserves so much more than this.
    Mark_after_Dark
  • Options
    Ok
    Mark_after_DarkItsShugRobert RankinbalsdorfAlexSMartin
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

You guys need to get your facts straight. Madi Serpico did not cut the course on purpose. She was so upset at the end of the race after they posted her "run time". She called me absolutely devastated and crushed as she could not believe she had missed a lap. She would never want to take anything away from the hard working girls who she trains and races with.
    Madi is one of the nicest people I have ever known. She does not have a malicious or deceitful bone in her body, and if you talk to anyone else that knows her they will be able to reiterate this. Not only calling her out on something you did not get all the facts about, but how she makes a living to afford triathlon since it is such a struggle for most professional and aspiring professional triathletes is disappointing. Madi deserves so much more than this.

jakesaundersRobert RankinwchevronMartinMattfyrehaarTad_M
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    TriDVM said:

I beg you, please stop listening. And go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    ClintFace said:

TriDVM said:

I beg you, please stop listening. And go fuck yourself.

This is ketosis

Brendo78Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinAlexSKuchEmilyCocksellsworth53tItsShugMartinkjrunninTad_M
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    ohhhhh, I know of that Madi bird. She is from Calgary and her mother has a tri shop if I am right. Just a young kid. Never met her.
    Aaron WebsteyMatt

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    rigpig said:

ohhhhh, I know of that Madi bird. She is from Calgary and her mother has a tri shop if I am right. Just a young kid. Never met her.

She used to date Jordan Bryden! @rigpig you are one of the 4 other people who know who that is :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    her or her mom?
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Haha ... Madi.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Hi @richellelove and welcome to the forum.

Aren't you one of Madi's sponsors?

yes, it appears you are.

Please tell us more about Madi's triathlon exploits.

balsdorffyrehaarKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostTad_MPevashishDaulKuch
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

rigpig said:

She used to date Jordan Bryden! @rigpig you are one of the 4 other people who know who that is :)
    I know who Jordan Bryden is. Does that mean there's 6 of us?

In case you didn't know... Jordan is racing Ultra520K this weekend and ripped through the 10K swim this am in 2:23:59!!
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch