frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

What's pretty common where you're from, but completely unknown to people not from there?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Do Canadians get to put “cannabis stores” on this list now? Especially in a Alberta where they are about to become as ubiquitous as liquor stores.
    Aaron WebsteyJames LangeKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Brent_R is back! Woo!

In Nova Scotia it's only sold *in* the actual liquor stores. I guess the C in NSLC has changed from 'Commission' to ' and Cannabis'.
    James LangeTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    In BC, we only have one government store at the moment, and they put it in fucking Kamloops.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

... rhymes ...

MattMartinCraig_Dmaggieru
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Are private pot shops allowed? All the ones in Washington are private but state Liquor Control Board expanded to oversee pot shops too. It’s really fun to see the different marketing, naming, and location of the different shops. I laugh every time I drive down this street with a store right next to Taco Bell/KFC. Location, location, location!
    Aaron WebsteyM_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Allowed, yes, but it’ll be a while before applicants work their way through the government permitting process and potential bylaw changes required.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer Post

• Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Are private pot shops allowed? All the ones in Washington are private but state Liquor Control Board expanded to oversee pot shops too. It’s really fun to see the different marketing, naming, and location of the different shops. I laugh every time I drive down this street with a store right next to Taco Bell/KFC. Location, location, location!

It depends on the province. In Nova Scotia, no, it's only sold through the liqour commission (a crown corporation). In some provinces cannabis is sold through private companies that have licences through the government.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    In Alberta privates businesses handle the brick and mortar sales (liquor stores are private too) and there is a government website for on-line sales. 17 stores opened on day 1 and 100 are expected to be opened before the end of November. Not too many creative names yet (5 are called Nova Cannabis and 3 a called Fire &F Lower Cannabis) which isn't surprising since the most professional outfits were the ones that had their shit together to be open on day 1.

One interesting thing is that Medicine Hat (pop 62,000) has 3 cannabis stores and Calgary (1.3 million) only has 2.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    It took a while for the shops to get licensed and opened in Washington and some counties and cities tried to ban them. Seattle has around 40 now. Statewide sales seem to surpass projections each year. Last year sales topped $1B. It’s been 5 years since legalization and it is interesting to see how the arguments have changed through the years. At first it was all about if we should legalize, how many licenses, location restrictions, etc. Now arguments are all about how to spend the millions of excise tax revenue.
    James Langekjrunnin
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I always forget how many Canadians are in this forum until a thread like this shows up.
    kjrunninMartinAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer Postsimonsen77Craig_Dmaggieru
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

One interesting thing is that Medicine Hat (pop 62,000) has 3 cannabis stores and Calgary (1.3 million) only has 2.

I've been to both of these places. This makes perfect sense to me.
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninJames LangeJennifer Post
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM

my friends and i do this thing called the "slowtwitch circle"

Aaron WebsteyJames LangewchevronKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostJohns622MattTad_MMartinslickfins_RyanStruang
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    just kidding i dont have any friends
    Mark_after_DarkAaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoMattMartinslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Dark_mark did you paint that yourself? In 69 minutes maybe?
    Aaron WebsteyMark_after_DarkTad_MKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Dark_mark said:

Gives new meaning to "Your seat is too high."
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MMattslickfins_RyanmaggieruStruang
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Martin said:

Dark_mark said:

Gives new meaning to "Your seat is too high."
    Or "what crank length are you working with?"
    Tad_MCraig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch