frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

I am the go-to person for...

124»

Comments

• Options
    Shepherd said:

I didn't get into Vanderbilt, I was just a postdoc there. One of the reasons I don't have PhD on my email account, I'm just not worthy.

It's also why they never call you Dr. Salsa. As far as you know. But I'm going to. Forever.

And the interwebs would seem to indicate that the squad should be calling you Dr. Salsa. Don't play dumb here...
  • Options
    @Craig D Not Georgia but close. I am based out of Florida. We migrated our MarkV to MarkVe last year. MarkV was.... ummm how do I put this..... frustrating.

@Zach Boring I do not work for GE. I work for a big utility in Florida.
  • Options
    Brent_R said:

I'm a lawyer. If you want to spend more money than you should over fights you shouldn't fight, I'm your guy.

Lawyer as well. And I enjoy this line; I may start using it. My go-to line to clients is, "This is my recommendation. You don't have to agree, and I'm happy to continue billing you if you don't agree."

If you're into heavy music, I'm your guy. Also, Liverpool Football Club. Really, I'm not much good for anything else.
  • Options
    Funny that we have so many power folk, I work for a research organization in their Electricity Infrastructure Group. http://eioc.pnnl.gov I am not an electrical engineer, I just keep their data center running. :)
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Let's talk heavy music, @kevinschummer
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Marketing and management-type accounting. Depending on my mood.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Matt said:

@kevinschummer and @dhr .... how heavy are we talking?

This is the real question.
  • Options
    I am the go to guy for the biological sciences; Ecology, Evolution, Ecotoxicology, fish and amphibians. I do a lot of statistical analyses, mixed models are my specialty. And I am proficient with R and trying to learn Python. Research is focused on understanding how animals adapt to human altered environments. Basically I am geek who likes to catch and measure things outside.

If you need a hand looking at the temporal Kona finisher data drop me a line, or any other data for that matter, I can probably help out.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited December 2015
    tcaley5 said:

Suck what? And why are we excluding the gentleman? TRS is all about equality.

My apologies to the men on this forum, but I had enough of their advances while 1) shilling for modeling work and 2) attending Yale undergrad, where the community prided themselves on the slogan "1 in 4, maybe more" (I'm pretty sure this turned into a New Haven brag fest over the weekend). Also, I'm pretty good at openly bragging about myself. I think that's called confidence. Or pride. Definitely not gloating, egotism or immodesty. Here are a couple pics from something I managed to dig out of the internet. Not quite what @Rob Thwaites has going. Double
    Single
    M_WarelakercrItsShugAaron Websteyrangamel
  • Options
    How's your Blue 'Steel?'
    DHansenTri

• Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

tcaley5 said:

Suck what? And why are we excluding the gentleman? TRS is all about equality.

My apologies to the men on this forum, but I had enough of their advances while 1) shilling for modeling work and 2) attending Yale undergrad, where the community prided themselves on the slogan "1 in 4, maybe more" (I'm pretty sure this turned into a New Haven brag fest over the weekend). Also, I'm pretty good at openly bragging about myself. I think that's called confidence. Or pride. Definitely not gloating, egotism or immodesty. Here are a couple pics from something I managed to dig out of the internet. Not quite what @RobThwaite has going. Double
    Single
    I have a widow's peak and male pattern baldness. Fuck you and that hair.

I didn't go to college.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DHSeeley14
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @lakercr Not as good as my "Magnum" Should I be embarrassed to admit I'm excited to see the new Zoolander?

@ItsShug It's a double edged sword. Sure, my hair is beautiful, but then I was told that by every single gay hairdresser I met from the age of 4. "Do you know how many women come in here asking for your hair?" Nope. I'm 6. Where's the Nintendo?
    ItsShugM_WareAaron WebsteyDHansenTri
  • Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Not one to brag, but I've done a bit of "before" modeling.
    kjrunninslickfins_RyanlakercrAaron WebsteyRyan HeislerdhrHSeeley14
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Also hate to brag, but I was a nude model for the fine arts dept in college. $9/hr just to hang wang and sit like a buddha occasionally. Required qualifications: willing.

"Hey, you're slightly ... slimmer than our usual models. Excellent."
    Ryan Heisler
    #KOAT
  • Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Also hate to brag, but I was a nude model for the fine arts dept in college. $9/hr just to hang wang and sit like a buddha occasionally. Required qualifications: willing.

I actually believe this.

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited December 2015
    @TRS_tri it's true (I think I've told you this story both times we've met in person - probably while intoxicated).

Great way to meet people in freshman year and make a good an impression. Only downside is sitting in the single-theatre cinema (small-town college) and hearing snickers from the Fine Arts girls in front of me when they see me sit down.
    kjrunninItsShug
    #KOAT
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

Great way to meet people in freshman year and make a good impression. Only downside is sitting in the single-theatre cinema (small-town college) and hearing snickers from the Fine Arts girls in front of me when they see me sit down.

I thought you said you made a good impression?
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D

• Options
    @kjrunnin good catch - I fixed it :)
    kjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @dhr @Matt Progressive death is my wheelhouse, but I go for almost all variants of proggy/fusion heavy shit. Some straight death, black, the odd folk metal band here and there.
    Mattdhr
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    I did not know there was a thing called "folk metal". I can only assume that a quick google search will turn up 100% awesomeness.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I'm a punk & hardcore guy, so my main metal interests are straight, classic death, grind, and black. I'm a bit of a purist. That said, I'll get weird from time to time. @kevinschummer @matt
    Matt
  • Options
    I'm starting a new thread about metal. I have questions.
    Mattkevinschummer
    #KOAT
  • Options

@neil5young absolutely. I'll DM you some book recommendations and things soon. Careful though, if you've got and obsessive personality you might really go down the rabbit hole with fly fishing.

DM away! I'm ready for this.

• Options

I knew it. This pose is not the work of an amateur...

web
    MattwchevronM_WareItsShugDawnCCraig_DAaron WebsteyFastCat1107James LangeHSeeley14

• Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @stevej I feel your pain with the MarkV. Its a pita when trying to troubleshoot operationally. I used to work in coal fired power generation. Cogeneration is way easier.
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch