frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Kiley takes Atlantic City 70.3

Hey Tri Posse,

Pev Daul here. Not sure if many of you know but frequent bike tester Kiley won AC today. It could have been his fitness, execution, pain tolerance but id like to think it was because of the pioneers like myself sharing information in the good ol days that enabled Kiley to win today's Smackdown.

In his honor, i will allow anyone to post questions and either Kiley or myself will answer.

I'll start, Kiley:
-what bike did you ride?
-who is your inspiration?
-how many times did you think of stan today?

Congrats on a great race. I would have been there today if i wasn't teaching homeless kids about proper tire pressure and Canadian military achievements.

Pev
KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMattTad_MCraig_DRobert Rankin

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Congrats @PubliusValerius . 4:14 is impressive. How much faster could you have gone if you didn't have a real job and could sleep all day like those lazy pros?
    M_WarePevashishDaulPubliusValeriusMattTad_MNotSoFatLewCraig_DyournotuniqueRobert Rankin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Thanks Pev. I just want to thank you, because I don't think be here today if I hadn't learned so much from you at St. Croix in 2013. It was really informative to hear about how you refined your gearing for the Beast and how you averaged 2 watts higher than your goal of 185. Not to mention the odds you overcame at Ironman Lake Placid 99.

Also really enjoyed hearing those same stories again in October at Kona, which was 2013, the last year you made it to the big dance, before your injury of course. You are injured right? Please tell us more.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMattJason LentzkescottyTad_MCraig_DyournotuniqueRobert RankinGasBomb
  • Options
    Thanks Kiley.

I'm "uncomfortable" talking about "myself", not sure if you knew that. I am injured but I'll be back, i set the "example" for my KIDS.

Quick question that no one else has the guts to ask: Did you get the moto draft like Don today?

Also, did you *feel* "safe" today on your Felt? Is it a safe bike?

Pev
    Aaron WebsteyJason Lentzke
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @PevashishDaul just a quick thanks for creating this flyer for the upcoming event in our building.

Aaron WebsteyPevashishDaulkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DyournotuniquePubliusValeriusRobert RankinGasBomb
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    You're very "welcome". I always tell my "kids" that we *should* always be "helpful".

You NEVER "know" when "karma" is right around the corner.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoPubliusValerius
  • Options
    @PubliusValerius - did you end up riding the Felt? Is this the older B2 from the aero test? Are you just more comfortable on that bike?

Congrats on the win, man.
  • Options
    Shepherd said:

@PubliusValerius - did you end up riding the Felt? Is this the older B2 from the aero test? Are you just more comfortable on that bike?

Thanks! Yes, I rode the same Felt from the aero test. I'm definitely comfortable on the bike, but it's also the only functional TT bike I have right now. To answer Pev, it's definitely the "safe" bike for me, in that I know it's very fast, easy to work on, reliable, etc. The only thing I don't like about it is that there are exposed cables on the front end and the geometry is such that I have to use an undermount setup to hit my numbers. Those are annoying enough things that I'm going to be building up a Speed Concept 7 series as an offseason project
    PevashishDaulAaron WebsteyAlexSmbrekk44Craig_D
  • Options
    Great to hear about the new bike Kiley.

If you need any help beating the shit out of the bottom bracket to get the cups in let me know. Safety first.
    Aaron WebsteyAlexSCraig_DPubliusValerius
  • Options
    @PubliusValerius i've been reading that disc brakes are faster on slowtwitch. bryan deitz is an authority there and he says that they are better. do you feel like you gave up time on your rim job bike due to not being able to slow down in as controlled a manner? would like to know more. thanks.
    MattPubliusValeriusAaron WebsteyTad_MGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch