frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

How could someone sabotage your race?

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
The Syracuse cheater said #sworry.

So let's increase everyone's paranoia, and build a list of all the ways someone could sabotage your race. I'm confident we have a creative bunch here.

- Di2 tricks - pulled eTube, unclip the battery on an external mount, etc
- 'accidentally' knocking their helmet to the ground and yanking the straps out of alignment (see: time lost by Frodo at Lanzarote);
- unscrewing the lid of their water bottle (comedy points if it was full of beet juice);
- nudging their brake so it rubs on the rim (extra effect if they ride a bike with the brake under the BB...).

What are your thoughts of things to add to your pre-race checklist of things to worry about?
MattAaron WebsteyMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Super glue the Bento Box shut.
    Slather some Tiger Balm or Icy Hot in running shoes
    The old 'Snake in a Can' inside of a water bottle
    Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetahscottyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoEvanMartinsimonsen77fyrehaarTad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    AlexSAlexS Member
    Replace salt tabs with himalayan salt, they might never be able to race again.
    MamaCheetahCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMartinRyan Heislersimonsen77mbrekk44idking90Tad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    Replace salt tabs with BaseSalt, they might not be able to live with themselves (see different thread)
    Craig_DMartinsimonsen77idking90StruangTad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Be the last one in T1. Put on a sombrero and Jackie Onasis glasses to hide your identity (take OFF your TRS kit), then move your closest rival's bike to another rack ! Works every time !!!
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DMartinTad_Mkjrunnin
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Move the tire label half an inch out of alignment with the valve stem, thus ruining all bike leg action photos
    MamaCheetahscottyCraig_DMattM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoEvanMartinsimonsen77mbrekk44rigpigTad_Mkjrunninandrewm88OverBiker_SamIanLneil5youngHSeeley14Brent_R
    #KOAT
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Put a banana in their tailpipe.

Aaron WebsteyscottyMamaCheetahCraig_DM_WareMattKenElPescadoPeladoMartinsimonsen77mbrekk44kjrunninHSeeley14
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey - it will at the very minimum ruin @Matt s race.....
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DMattEvanMartinStruangkjrunninHSeeley14Brent_R
  • Options
    wchevron said:

Who are you, Eddie Murphy ?

KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Hold up - she ran a 3:16 in Kona last year ? I bet she had one of those hidden motors in her shoes !!
    KenElPescadoPeladoMartin
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Slowly poison a family member so that they die just before the race.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahAaron Websteyscottyidking90kjrunnin
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    wchevron said:

I ain't fallin for that shit again.
    MamaCheetahsimonsen77Craig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    loosen bolt on every aspect of bike (saddle, aero bars, seatpost, skewer, etc.) so when they hop on it the wheels, saddle, seat post, aero bars and everything else just falls off.

when passing them on the bike after drafting for 51 miles, yell at them for drafting on you to reap confusion and then shove a stick in the wheels ala Ben Hur.
    MartinMamaCheetahAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninCraig_DHSeeley14

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    oh and the classic urine-in-someones-bidon. i don't think it'd sabotage the race, but you'd have the entire race to giggle about how someone is drinking your pee.

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Evan that's what frame pumps are for.

MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Hold up - she ran a 3:16 in Kona last year ? I bet she had one of those hidden motors in her shoes !!

I know. She's a very solid athlete. It makes the events all the more strange.
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Steal their bike transition bag when you get out of the swim. But instead of returning it, and getting called a F'ing Asshole, throw it in the corner of the changing tent.
    MamaCheetahAaron WebsteyMartinkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Pop every balloon in T1. (except yours)
    MattMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Get a bunch of triroost.com stickers printed and paste them all over the transition area, thereby simultaneously ruining everybody's day and screening for new members
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoMattMartinwchevronCraig_DHSeeley14
    #KOAT
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Fire ants.
    MamaCheetahAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMartinsimonsen77OverBiker_SamTad_MHSeeley14
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    This is fun ! More nearest rival tricks !....
    * add 1 more mm to the thickness of their wet suit
    * turn their phone on ring and then CALL IT during the race (you all know you have your phones with you, don't lie...)
    * ask your mom to hand them something on the run
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladombrekk44kjrunninTad_MCraig_DHSeeley14
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Put a large padlock on the rear triangle in transition.

I was actually tempted to do this once to a "pro" who moved all my buddies stuff outside of the transition area saying the rack was for "elites" only at a beginner marketed super sprint with no elite category or prize purse. The reality is this jack off got to transition about 20 minutes before the race started, couldn't find a good spot, and moved all my buddies stuff (who was doing his first triathlon) so he could take his spot. He didn't just slide him over or put him on another rack, he placed all his stuff outside of the transition area fencing. He then won by about 15 minutes and posted the result on his resume.
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoGentlemanJerseyDaveM_WareAaron WebsteyAlexSrigpigMartinEvanRobert RankinkjrunninwchevronTad_MCraig_DrangamelBrent_R
  • Options
    • Crank the barrel adjuster on the RD a few turns so they have crappy shifting (though with half the bikes I hear during races, they might not notice. Seriously, learn how to tune a RD).
    • Crank the barrel adjuster on their brakes all the way closed (or all the way open)
    • Cover the handlebars and seat in either glue or grease.
    • ziptie bike to transition rack
    • JB Weld their chain to the cassette
    The first two you could do and they would never know someone screwed with them. The others are a bit more obvious
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Damn, y'all are sneaky !!! Remind me not to piss you off or rack my bike anywhere near yours.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @Rash I think if you google "fuck head" that exact description comes up.
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPeladorangamel
  • Options
    Maybe a thread about how to flog the Canadian Cheat would draw in the sadists at ST. Holy Shit. If it isn't Jail Time they won't be happy.

I mean, thankfully no one was hurt, this was taken seriously, she is being punished and will continue to be, her reputation is ruined and she is seeking help.

What more do people want?

And I don't dream of cheating because there is no way I could sabotage the 100 people faster than me for it to matter.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyEvansimonsen77kjrunninSdogCraig_DHSeeley14

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    My usual go trick is putting tobasco sauce in peoples goggles
    Aaron WebsteyMattKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTad_MCraig_DHSeeley14Brent_R
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    Tacks in running shoes can also be effective
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @GentlemanJerseyDave does bring up an actual good point in all of this - personally, I'd say that pity is in order for anyone who would actually cheat to win an age group race. That is not a sign of a mentally healthy individual (same for AG dopers, IMO).
    MamaCheetahSdogGentlemanJerseyDaveTad_MCraig_D
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch