frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

What discipline is your triathlon Ace in the Hole?

Rules: don't be a dick

My ace is the run. It's all I think about when the people go by on the bike leg... and how ill kick past them, laughing like a maniac. Can't fake the run!

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Everything but transitions.
    idking90
    #KOAT
  • Options
    By triathlete standards mine would have to be the swim. It does me no good though. They should look at making the swim longer

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    My highest rank is always as follows: T1, T2, Swim, Run, Bike. So I excel in those areas that gain me the least amount of time.

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Swim.
  • Options
    Was my run, now it's my bike.

Cycling is more fun...

Choose life… But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin’ else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you’ve got triathlon?

• Options
    not sure why, but transitions. I seem to manage to have really fast transition times for whatever reason. Next would be bike-run combo, i.e. I wouldn't call either great, but I can have a really solid run after a really solid bike, which ends up being quite potent.

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Swim, then T3, then bike, T1/T2, run. When I would podium at my little local races it was get out ahead on the swim, hold on/advance a smidge on the bike, try not to get passed too much on the run, and try not to waste too much time in transition.

It's still the swim, even though podiums are but a distant dream.
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm only good at T3, but I'm there now
    Aaron Webstey
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Overbiking then walking way too much of the run.
    Aaron Websteyyournotuniqueoldmanchad

• Options
    Bike. In a big WTC race in my AG I get out of the water in the top 20 or so and bike myself into the top 5 and then hold on for the run.
  • Options
    I usually have a pretty decent swim, not the fastest, but good enough. The bike is the best and brings me the rest of the way up. The run is my crutch, typically.

Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

• Options
    I'm going to say running up hills. At Calgary 70.3 last year I passed a bunch of folks walking on the two climbs.

Also, feeling all giddy watching the pros, but never saying anything.
  • Options
    The bike, but increasingly the run.
  • Options
    Probably the 12 oz beer at the end is my ace. I'm really good at that.
    During the race I think I have a strong run. Bike is weak and swim is better then most on set adults.

village idiot

• Options
    I swim at the front, hang in contention but slide back in the bike and then watch a parade come over my left shoulder for the whole run.
  • Options
    Based on WTS Edmonton's weather this weekend, it is apparently "Deciding to chuck as many clothes as possible into the bag for every possible scenario, then deciding to where a crap load of stuff so you don't freeze completely during the race. And then showing up when 5 other babies DNS so you can get your podium qualifying spot for the Grand Final."
    Aaron WebsteyKelly O'Marayournotunique
  • Options
    KMRyanTriKMRyanTri Member, Pro Triathlete
    Swim-bike is my strongest for sure. Run is WAY behind those two.

It turns every race into a suicide mission. Very painful from the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    You guys actually still race? Losers.
    Kelly O'Mara

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    What is the stuff called that's all the triathlon bullshit stuff? Transitions + being able to run fast in a wetsuit across the sand + dodging lapped cyclists and dropped water bottles, etc. I'm really good at the random triathlon-ness of things. The stupider or colder or shittier something is, the better I'll be at it.
    Brent_RAaron Websteybalsdorf
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Kelly O'Mara you must be awesome at
    - running on indoor track
    - lane swims in busy pools
    - race kit pickup any day other than race morning
    - listening to questions at race briefings
    balsdorf
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Being encouraged by others during the run as they pass me saying "Looking Good Big Guy" then out drinking them during the free beer portion of the race.
    Aaron Websteybalsdorf

TRS WEST - NOLA, Miller Lite Drinking Truck Driver

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch