frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

local rant against bicycles on roads

PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150908/OPINION/150909342?utm_content=buffer2d42c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Straight up insane! This comes a few weeks after another local guy took it upon himself to run down a bunch of bikes at the Tuesday night time trial...

Stay safe out there
TRS Racing
I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer

Comments

• Options
    what a shitbag. you can't fix stupid.
    KenElPescadoPelado

Polletta ~ TRS West

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    What an ignorant ass hat. His arguments are about as ludicrous as comparing this ISIS to the other ISIS.
    might isis
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Jason41Jason41 Member
    edited September 2015
    I commented. Forgive me for being an asshole.
    M_Ware

Polletta ~ TRS West

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    This reminds me of a rant I had with myself the other morning running. On a rural road, running towards traffic. Car is coming towards me, I can hear a car coming from behind. There is some 2' high grass right along the road which I don't want to jump into since it's usually filled with ticks.
    I'm running on the edge of the road and can see the driver coming towards me anxiously trying to figure out if he can squeeze by me and the car coming towards us.
    Rather than stop 5-6 seconds, or even slow down, and wait for the other car to pass, he has to keep going and come pretty close to me. Not close enough to almost hit me but close enough to make it uncomfortable to me.
    I don't get why people can't slow down or stop for a couple of seconds to let the other car pass, what's the hurry.
    Okay, enough of my hijacking the thread. Back to you ISIS, asshole cyclists.
    HSeeley14
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Well I could have been the third reply, now it's blowing up the inter webs... After of cooling down and thinking about it for a few hours I still think this dudes an ass hat
    M_Ware
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    "Pedal bikers have no regard for vehicles that pay insurance, gas taxes, license plate and inspections....". So, only dbags who drive their tractors down country roads pay insurance and taxes? What a fuckwad. That is the worst argument ever. I have heard it before many times. We all pay insurance and taxes. Does he make the same argument about anything other than a tractor or redneck truck using the road? All that being said, some cyclists are also fuckwads. In general this is a neverending argument that will always end badly for the cyclist so try to obey the rules of the road you pesky pedal-bikers.
    KenElPescadoPeladoneil5youngwchevron
  • Options
    Someone must have pissed this dude off. I think sometimes cyclists have good intention but they end up really pissing off motorists. I saw a lady the other day riding down a busy rural road on the shoulder FACING traffic. I love cycling and cyclists but as a motorist I wanted to stop and ask her what the F was wrong with her.
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch