frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Race Preview: Ironman 70.3 World Championship | TRS Triathlon

SystemAdminSystemAdmin Administrator
edited August 2015 in Articles

imageRace Preview: Ironman 70.3 World Championship | TRS Triathlon

The Triathlon Preview Show Hosts Zach Miller & Emily Cocks have a round table race preview for the Ironman 70.3 World Championship with 2 special guests.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    You guys are doing a great job with this podcast and preview article. Really enjoying the additional commentary from the pros and the Q&A in the preview articles. Keep the good content coming! Oh, and I Love Zoot Shoes! I actually have 3 pairs of Kiawes, so not just bullsh*tting here. Haha.
    EmilyCocksZach MillerIan Graham
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I love Zoot shoes, too :-) as well as Zach and Emily's rapport ;-)
    Zach MillerEmilyCocks
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    A few comments from the peanut gallery.. What was that about Gomez maybe not making the lead group?? And
    maybe getting dropped on the hill? Frodo would Ned 1 - 2 min on Gomez... That goes for a few others.. Kienle maybe 3+... Gomez ain't getting dropped anywhere if he is healthy.. If he ever got dropped on the bike it was because he was holding back and was going to win easy anyway.
  • Options
    Eric LagerstromEric Lagerstrom Member, Pro Triathlete
    Word has been coming through that the swim may be non-wetsuit. It'll be interesting to see how this factors in to both the women's and the men's races. I think Magali will be good to go either way, but as always, time gaps can become more pronounced and packs may split in slightly different places.

I can't see anyone biking enough time into Gomez to hold him off on the run. He'll chill completely on the swim, do what it takes to stay in contact on the bike and then drop the hammer.
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Luke Dragstra i think the other athletes will know they have to bike 2-3 min into gomez and will try to, doesnt mean it will work, but some have to try otherwise gomez will be given the win if he comes off the bike with the lead men
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    you don't think some of the german uber bikers could drop Gomez on the bike????? Boercherer, Frommhold, Dreitz (well, he might be behind out of the swim). I would bet anything Gomez does NOT have the fastest bike split tomorrow. Does that mean he gets dropped out of the top group, maybe not. But, the way Frodo has been riding (or at least did in Frankfurt) there is a chance Frodo could have a gap into t2.
    Aaron WebsteyBW_TriZach MillerGranpa Chook
  • Options
    Anybody in North America planning to wake up super early and watch?
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited August 2015
    7:00 am cdt, maybe, if the dogs don't sleep in. Unless it's too foggy for the wireless to work (the joys of life on the prairie at the edge of the local service territory). Oops, I'm blind, I see now, 3:30 am, no, not likely.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    great podcast thanks - liked hearing your opinions on "why women are more consistent" - it is often an area i have thought about. Think the nature of men's racing also lends itself to a greater risk of "blowing up" - ie tactically men seem to frequently test each other of the bike and breaks "need" to be covered even if it puts your run at risk. Would be good to hear more about recent form - ie such and such got these times and results in the past 3 months. not sure if "I LOVE ZOOT SHOES" because i havent tried a pair but would gladly put a free pair to find out :) Happy viewing!
    M_Ware
  • Options
    @Luke Dragstra not sure if gomez is healthy but right now he is getting dropped on the bike, guess we will have to wait for the run and see if he has the speed
  • Options
    @TRIFantasy I was up early watching the last hour, but I couldn't find a lot of info on how the bike unfolded. Looking forward to the TRS report.

Also this needs to be in here, @Eric Lagerstrom posted a video of him descending the climb (tractor included) BRAVO.
    https://www.facebook.com/elagerstrom/videos/10206626578596649/?l=8086857012203172204
    Eric Lagerstrom
  • Options
    Who would have thought Kienle would have a faster run split than Frodo and Javi? That makes Kona more interesting. If he had swam in the front, he could have won.
    Matt
  • Options
    teawhymonksteawhymonks Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I LOVE ZOOT SHOES - size 11 :) love the show, keep on going.
    EmilyCocksZach Miller
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I love ZOOT shoes - first Tri shoes I ever purchased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EmilyCocksZach Miller
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    I would like to know if I love Zoot shoes!
    EmilyCocksZach Miller

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch