frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Best deal on Edge 520?

Help me spend my money...

Clever Training has the 520 at $299. I tried the DCR10MHD (DC Rainmaker) code but it isn't available on this purchase. It looks like Amazon @ $299 is the best option for price, plus I can use the TRS link to support the site.

Anyone found a better option?

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    My google-fu skills agree with yours, best price $299.
    lakercr
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    lakercr wrote:
    Help me spend my money...

Clever Training has the 520 at $299. I tried the DCR10MHD (DC Rainmaker) code but it isn't available on this purchase. It looks like Amazon @ $299 is the best option for price, plus I can use the TRS link to support the site.

Anyone found a better option?

Pretty sure you need to use the VIP program not the discount code.
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/vip

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

lakercr
  • Options
    I found a better deal!

If you log in to your Strava account, there is an option to 'shop' in the top navigation. Using the code TurkeyTraining I got the 520 with 1yr of Strava Premium for $251.20 USD.

Shipping was free in the US (I'm in Canada, but have a US address).
    M_WareJason LentzkeFatAss1

• Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    lakercr wrote:
    I found a better deal!

If you log in to your Strava account, there is an option to 'shop' in the top navigation. Using the code TurkeyTraining I got the 520 with 1yr of Strava Premium for $251.20 USD.

Shipping was free in the US (I'm in Canada, but have a US address).

Must have been a Black Friday deal as it's showing as $314 now

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Options
    That's what it showed for me as well until I entered the discount code and recalculated. Did you try this?

• Options
    I just tried making another purchase to confirm. Your cart will show an initial price of $314. Once you put in an email address (for delivery of 1yr premium) click on checkout. The next page gives you the option to enter a discount code. Once you have entered it, the order summary will show -$62.50 from the total, leaving payment due of $251.20.

This is Nov 29th @10:00pm cst and it is working for me...

• Options
    This is still working. That's a killer deal. I picked up a unit and will sell my old one. I had already gotten a cheap unit, but I basically will get a free year of strava premium.
    lakercr

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Just bragging :) but I scored a 520 from all3sports with their cyber monday 35% off coupon for $194. Needless to say that didn't last long.
    lakercrM_Ware
  • Options
    You win the internet today.

M_WareKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    i'm uping my game this year and am going to buy one of these... The strava discount from thanksgiving has expired obviously, anyone know of other discount codes? trisports.com won't let let me use a code for the 520.
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Clever training with dcrainmaker's code? Or check 3dealz for a sale.
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Oh, what's this? An amazon link? Garmin Edge 520 Bike GPS

;)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    It's $299 everywhere. I'm just a poor man in a rich man's sport, I was hoping to find a deal!

Oh, what's this? An amazon link? Garmin Edge 520 Bike GPS

;)

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Did you check eBay? I just got a brand new Joule GPS+ for $99
  • Options
    @FatAss1 - if you can hold off until about October, that is pretty much the only time Garmin does deeply discounted deals. Most of their products are exempt from discount codes or sitewide sales except when they do their annual price slashing around October - at that point every retailer will have them on sale. If you buy through REI during this sale, you can often combine your dividend and special REI discounts to get even bigger savings. Not sure if the 520 will be included this year (it's normally items they are about to update), but worth a shot because the discount is usually substantial. I think I saved about $150 (if I am remembering correctly) when I purchased my 910xt a few years ago.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch