frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

0 to hero in 10 weeks/Oh shit my Ironman is only 71 days away

Comments

• Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM

I've excersised 6 times this month

M_WareMartin
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

wchevronMattMartinTad_MStruangslickfins_Ryan

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

At least you don't have to worry about overtraining.

StruangkjrunninMattMartinTad_Mslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

This is so much better than all those other blog threads that consist of endless dissection of the issues that result from being 98.7% complete on a training schedule. We're going to learn something here which has clarity and very little in the way of confusing factor signals. The anticipation is killing me... Go @Struang
    You are a flag bearer for all Roosters!

slickfins_Ryan
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I remember watching the 14 hour+ finishers when I raced an IM. I had been home, had a shower and nap and dinner. Came back to check things out.

Those people suffered wayyy more than I did that day and most seemed far happier at the finish than I felt.

M_Ware
  • Options

I’m a 14+ hr finisher so I don’t know about happier. In my first I was picked up on the livestream pausing at the top of the finisher’s chute to straighten my kit and put on lip gloss so if you’re not at the pointy end of the race, you have time for important stuff like looking good for your photo.

My first open marathon took me 6:56. My fastest 4:11. The 7h one was definitely more suffering!

MartinwchevronTad_MStruangMattM_Wareslickfins_Ryan

• Options

I can honestly say I felt better when I started the run, at IM Wales in 2019 and accepted there wasnt going to be a lot of running, "fuck it, it will be what it will be" then when I finished.

wchevronTad_MkjrunninM_Ware
  • Options

Well I survived an 120 mile ride on Friday, 5500 feet of vertical!

Wont claim it was pretty but given my lack of training I'll take 7:56

kjrunninwchevronTad_MM_WareMattBrew_Trislickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

@Struang Can you put this training program on paper? I will pay good money for something that's obviously working for you. I happen to have IM Canada at the end of August and am just starting to "ramp up" my training from essentially 0.

kjrunninStruangTad_Mwchevron
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

One month to go ... how goes it?

#KOAT
  • Options

I'm really not sure which part of Panic last minute training you didn't understand! I've still not swum since 2019, I've run a half dozen times in the last month and cycled a bit!

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited June 2022

@Struang said:
    I'm really not sure which part of Panic last minute training you didn't understand! I've still not swum since 2019, I've run a half dozen times in the last month and cycled a bit!

I hope you’re at least taking baths to get a feel for the water.

kjrunninAaron Websteyslickfins_Ryan

• Options

You got this @Struang !

M_Ware
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options

kjrunninAaron WebsteyM_WareJames Lange
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'm legitimately more nervous than I was for my own Ironman. Let's go @Struang!

Aaron Webstey

• Options

How does one taper, when you never really built any load in your training?

wchevronkjrunninM_WareCraig_DAaron WebsteyMatt
  • Options

In the continuing shambles of my IMUK entry, anyone know Ironmans policy on expired ID? Hadn't thought about the fact my passport and Drivers license expired over Covid lock downs!

• Options

I'm not sure they check if it's expired. Only that your ID matches the name on the participant list. I wouldn't worry about it.

Struang
  • Options

@Struang said:
    In the continuing shambles of my IMUK entry, anyone know Ironmans policy on expired ID? Hadn't thought about the fact my passport and Drivers license expired over Covid lock downs!

My guess is that it's only important if you have to travel anywhere or get pulled over while driving under the influence (of Gu gels of course)

M_WareCraig_D
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Go @Struang ! I have IM Wisconsin in under 75 days and hope to get some hints as to what race day will feel like. I'm 30lbs over weight of my previous IM. Haven't swam since IM Ireland 2019.(if anyone recalls, they canceled the swim) If I finish without training my ego will be too big to fit through the finishing chute. So I'm trying to nail down some longer rides but as usual, thoughts and prayers!

Tad_MM_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DStruangMatt
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options

@Brew_Tri you appear to be the athlete I aspire too!

I'm now out for this weekend, spent last weekend questioning why I would spend the money on the increasingly expensive and complex logistics of making the day work, for what could only be a miserable day given my training.

Was thinking go on if you can finish anyway that's some achievement, and then some Lurgy set in and I cant go 5 mins without coughing flem!

So I'm out and the clock resets to 72 days!

wchevronM_WarekjrunninBrew_TriTad_MJames LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options

Should we re-title the thread 0-Hero in 10weeks/Oh Shit my Ironman is only 10 weeks away?

StruangMattAaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

So sorry @Struang. Hope the Lurgy is short lived.

Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

TIL what 'lurgy' means. Should have paid attention during Call the Midwife and Downton Abbey

slickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Omg, I jumped back on here to ask a dumb question about wetsuits for my friend but then I saw this whole thread and it is giving me LIFE! Didn’t realize how much I missed you guys!

kjrunninAaron WebsteyMartin

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options

We are down to 60 days and covid positive as of this morning... so far swam 3k yds the other day, biked 60 miles last weekend and ran about 10 a couple weeks ago. Flight is booked, told my grandma I was racing, so I gotta do it now.

The friend I was supposed to race with officially dropped out yesterday. So I'm losing motivation fast. Just redid the brakes on my tri bike and just finished my 5lb bag of watermelon sourpatch kids and 3lbs of reeses pb cups.(results of alcoholing and Amazon priming) So now I'm gonna start eating better...mostly pop tarts and frozen pizza.

I will think of you as I sit in the SAG wagon on the way back to transition...forever in my heart @Struang

kjrunninStruangM_WareAaron WebsteywchevronMattMartin
  • Options

We are cursed!

I've been battling what is either tendonitis or a stress fracture for ~6 weeks and my IM is 27 days away. It is now looking like an unofficial aquabike (reframed because that sounds better than a DNF). I didn't need another hat & finisher's shirt anyway.

Brew_TriStruangCraig_DAaron WebsteywchevronMartin

• Options

So if I'm doing this I think I'm gonna go out in style! Any good ideas for finishing chute mayhem?

I'm thinking maybe picking up a fake baby, acting like it's mine, tripping and throwing it.

Fake proposal to some random in the finishing chute.

Some sort of acrobatics going horribly wrong seems like it's up my alley.

Cracking a beer like it's champagne.

Maybe I should just focus on making it there...

StruangkjrunninCraig_DAaron Websteywchevron
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

@Brew_Tri do the baby one! While cracking a beer!

Struang

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

@Brew_Tri I vote proposal. A surprise “yes” May erase the agony of a last minute finish.

Brew_TriAaron WebsteyStruang
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch