frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Report Problems Here

Comments

• Options
    TheoTheo Member

Here's a new one. I'm checking the board from work (Firefox on Windows 7) and every time I back up to the discussions page I have to log in again.

actually @MorganStyer you don't have to log back in, but it does look like you're logged out (or as a incognito visito). Same thing is happening to me, but if you click on any of the forum "section" links, it jumps you right back to being logged in and browsing normally. Weird.
    I seem to be seeing this problem as well when I first login with G+, looks like the login failed and still displaying the visitor view, but I am in fact "in".

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Oh, yeah, email notifications are working. I'm getting blasted with everyone I ever missed (I didn't really miss them, tbh) all at once.
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited March 2015
    @yournotunique Yes, my apologies for that. I fucked up a couple times and everyone got a fuckload of email.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Nexus 7 2nd gen gets the desktop site, and the pane on the left blocks half the actual posts.

Authentication seems FUBAR with respect to caching. I have to log back in every time and I can see the old page come up with me logged in, then the new design overlays and says, "Nope! You're not logged in, stupid human." Which, while correct, is kinda annoying.

TRS East

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Duckies have you tried the new version yet? http://trstriathlon.com/forums

I keep going back and forth as to which is better. This one is nice and ajax-y, but the other one is so much quicker. Needs some design tweaks but it's growing on me.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I'm not in love with the new forum. It's not clear which link to hit for the latest discussions. The team board is buried a couple clicks deep. I was really liking how on this forum we could click on the entire title and be taken to the latest post. With the new software I think I need to zero in on the little "greater than" to get the latest post. It's little things, but they add up to a less stellar user experience.
    Duckies
  • Options
    @morganstyer thanks for the feedback. I tend to agree. This is very helpful.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey more of an FYI than something wrong - when I log in on my desktop I see but can't access (nor should I since I'm not a member) the TRS Racing tab. When I log in (same log in via G+) on my tablet I don't see the TRS Racing Tab, just not there. Interesting

Aspiring Team TRS (2016?) Currently East (but West via Mentality & History)

• Options
    @SOSlowtwich thanks! That's good to know. Very weird ... I wonder if your browser has the page cached or something.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey Chrome on my home comp (with TRS Racing tab) and Safari on the tablet

Aspiring Team TRS (2016?) Currently East (but West via Mentality & History)

• Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey whenever I try and scroll from the bottom to top of the page or hit "top" button it goes to the top then right back down to the bottom so I have to go to the main site then access the forum all over again.

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    @_MurMan I'm working on getting rid of the iframe - which means that all of these issues should go away, in short :) For now, if you want it to work better (but look a bit turdish), you can go to http://forum.trstriathlon.com.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey not really that concerned about it, but thanks!

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Have an odd one from a tablet. The little "drafts saved" pop up? That shit doesn't like to go away. And I can't seem to add a pic from a tablet, either. Well, picture the whole left side of the screen filled with the little black pop ups, and you can't 'x' them away. That.
  • Options
    Never mind. There's the picture. But it doubled. Probably my fault on that, though.
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey since you moved the navigation thing to the right, when you click on the notification tabs you can't read it. (well any of the tabs really) it opens up to far out.

• Options
    I was going to add a pic but I can't do that either..

• Options
    @_MurMan thanks buddy! I actually just noticed that this morning and am working on it :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    If you'd like to see the status of current issues with the forum, take a look here:

http://trstriathlon.com/issues/?bugerator_nav=list&bug_project=1

Please continue to report problems in this thread - but in the future, if we determine that there is a bug in the forum software, I may ask you to report an issue for me here:

http://trstriathlon.com/issues/?bugerator_nav=add&bug_project=1

This will make it easier for me to keep track of what's been fixed and what hasn't.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I believe the notifications problem (and the yellow post background issue, which I'm not sure if anyone noticed) have been resolved.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @_MurMan thanks for noticing the popup box problem - resolved.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Button bar in comment editor has been fixed as well. Also you should be able to click on images and have them 'lightboxed' again, where they pop up in the page instead of going to a new page.

oldmanchad
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Photo on 2014-11-21 at 2.15 PM

Testing
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey Is this what I am supposed to see on the TRS Radio tab? (Safari)
    Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 8.19.41 AM
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    @AaronWebstey thats a great pic of you! your wife is one lucky gal! did you come with a panel van and free candy?
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    @_MurMan ha! Yes she is. And I grew the stache *because* I had a panel van and candy :)
    _MurMan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw the yellow thing, but it went away when the page refreshed, so I didn't really pay it any mind.
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Are new people that sign up suppose to get a email confirmation? One of my friends was having problems not sure what he did
  • Options
    @TheRunOBX yes they are! Thanks, I'll look into that later.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Screenshot_2015-03-14-19-55-44

New site means reading on my tablet... Sucks.

TRS East

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch