frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

DarkMark Shout Out in Triathlon Media

RashRash Member

In Lionel's latest video on volume, he notes commentary years back by a "critic" DarkMark showing a picture of Mark then repeating a classic triathlon joke by same. It's around the 1:30 mark.

MattMartinTad_MkjrunninAaron WebsteyM_WareJames LangeKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

I saw him at IM70.3 Tremblant in 2014 and that huge come from behind surge on the bike & run. The owner of A18 at the time even offered a sponsorship deal before the race, but he resigned with Garneau.

I knew some very knowledgeable people who worked with him in 2014/15 to schedule bike fitting and aero testing at the Milton Velodrome. He didn't listen to their advice on shorter cranks OR to get swim technique coaching. (See his video inset after the DM joke and his right hip twitch at the top of the pedal stroke).

M_Ware
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Yeah Dark Mark!!!! Regardless, I still pull for Lionel.
    Letterkenny needs a triathlete on their show, and Lionel is custom made. I root for Lionel over all others.

Aaron WebsteyM_WareGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    RashRash Member

I've always found him frustrating, however knowing all that he is doing to support Ari Klau as he delves into triathlon is bringing me around a bit.

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

I'm concerned that so few of you are wondering where Mark is. Or maybe I'm impressed because you all follow his Instagram? He's my all time favourite*

*Favourite triathlon comedian

slickfins_RyanGasBomb
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

@Aaron Webstey said:
    I'm concerned that so few of you are wondering where Mark is. Or maybe I'm impressed because you all follow his Instagram? He's my all time favourite*

I stalk on the FB

Aaron WebsteyGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Aaron Webstey said:

We're FB friends and he posts reasonably often. He has become quite the foodie.

Aaron Webstey

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

Epic. Apparently Mark is a goat herding chef.

Aaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited March 2022

@Aaron Webstey You too have made the "news" with a by name shout out!

"Everyone poor one out tonight for our boys at TRS! Ben, Mark, and Websty we miss yall. RIP" - @TalbotCox

Over on the twitch they have a new thread titled "What happened to the old tri podcasts? Zen Tri, TRS Radio, Triathlon Preview Show ". TRS is getting a lot of love.

ETA-I assume "poor one out" is the same as "pour one out" - but he could be referring to the revenue generated by TRS.

wchevronTad_MM_WareMartinMattAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_RyanGasBomb
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

@Rash that is pretty cool to hear <3

#KOAT
  • Options
    RashRash Member

@Rash said:

Over on the twitch they have a new thread titled "What happened to the old tri podcasts? Zen Tri, TRS Radio, Triathlon Preview Show ". TRS is getting a lot of love.

Just saw the above thread back towards the top of the message boards over there and Ben Hobbs himself was posting. He even thanked Stan for letting him back in the forum to comment.

Tad_MAaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch