frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Netflix movies

wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

Any else disappointed with the quality of Netflix movies. Even the ones with big name actors. They all just seem "meh" to me. Whether it's action or drama, I never finish one thinking ...That was pretty good.

I find their original series much better but the movies, I'm always let down.

Aaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

I don't watch many movies but I liked Worth and The Trial of the Chicago 7

(I also recently subscribed to hayu so I could watch old seasons of terrible reality TV so judge my review accordingly.)

Aaron Webstey

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I feel the same. I enjoy some Netflix movies but they often have that "meh" feeling, even when the story is good. I read an article last year that talked about the production requirements that Netflix gives their filmmakers. Basically they want to ensure that the movies are shot in a way that they are watchable on a phone or laptop as well as a big screen TV.

Aaron Websteywchevron

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

@James Lange said:
    I read an article last year that talked about the production requirements that Netflix gives their filmmakers. Basically they want to ensure that the movies are shot in a way that they are watchable on a phone or laptop as well as a big screen TV.

Then you look at Disney TV, where series like The Mandalorian and their recent movies are shot to look good on huge screens and downscaling be damned. When Netflix streaming goes the way of their mail order DVD business when the content wars end in a few years, this will be just one of the reasons...

• Options

I think Netflix will be around for a while, they are the 800lb gorilla. In the next few years, they will probably lose marketshare but whether it will be enough to cause them problems, I'm not sure.

I don't have Disney but have Netflix, Prime, Hulu & we are stealing my daughter's friend's ex-boyfriends HBO max.
    I think Netflix has the best variety of movies/original shows. And they keep a steady update of content coming that always looks interesting and would keep me watching.
    Prime has an ok series every so often, but rarely. Most of the movies on there are crap or so old I have no interest in watching. Only have it because I have the amazon prime account. It's usually my last resort to watch a show.
    Only watched Hulu once. My daughter gets it free with her Spotify account. Found it to be only tv shows, which I have no interest in.
    HBOmax has some good movies and series. Just watched all of Curb your Enthusiasm. May start game of thrones next. Never had it before so if it went away I wouldn't be all that upset.
    Don't have Apple TV so can't comment on their content.

• Options

AppleTV is worth the subscription for Ted Lasso alone. Having said that, I enjoyed a year free with a new iPhone purchase. I also really like The Morning Show.

In addition to AppleTV, I have Prime, Netflix (which my son steals), Crave (added for a free week so my daughter could watch the Harry Potter reunion and then forgot to cancel & now hub is watching GoT on it), FloSports, hayu (not proud of it), and we steal my son's Disney+.

I can't think of anything worth watching on Prime other than The Wilds.

MartinAaron Webstey

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Yellowstone (I think on Prime) is pretty great!

#KOAT
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

We cycle through the streaming services, but Netflix is the only one we keep consistently. I find it difficult to browse Prime and find things I actually want to watch, but on Netflix it seems there's always something. I'm looking forward to watching Ted Lasso whenever we get AppleTV again. I also really enjoyed The Morning Show.

Aaron Webstey

• Options

I downloaded Ted Lasso from a BitTorrent site. Liked it, but some of the episodes dragged on. I was expecting more based on all the hype and hoopla from everyone. The second season episode focused on Coach Beard was just odd.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options

@wchevron said:
    The second season episode focused on Coach Beard was just odd.

100%.

On the Ted Lasso & things that are just odd theme: because I’m old, so is/was my doctor so she retired leaving me to find a new one. My newly assigned GP is a dead ringer for Keeley. From the high ponytail, to the tiny frame, and UK accent. When I tell her why I’m there, I half expect her to reply “you fucking joking?”

wchevronTad_MMartinAaron Webstey

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

@kjrunnin said:

@wchevron said:
    The second season episode focused on Coach Beard was just odd.

100%.

On the Ted Lasso & things that are just odd theme: because I’m old, so is/was my doctor so she retired leaving me to find a new one. My newly assigned GP is a dead ringer for Keeley. From the high ponytail, to the tiny frame, and UK accent. When I tell her why I’m there, I half expect her to reply “you fucking joking?”

I just want to have a pint with Roy Kent!

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options

Maybe he could run the events at Ode to Laz.

"You missed the fucking cut off time. Fuck off you wanker, Grrrrr"

Aaron Webstey
  • Options

@wchevron said:
    Maybe he could run the events at Ode to Laz.

"You missed the fucking cut off time. Fuck off you wanker, Grrrrr"

OMG, I would give Brett Goldstein 10 free entries and ALL our beer just to have him run a lap and cuss at people in the pit area...

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options

If that happens, I’m coming.

Aaron WebsteyTad_M

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

@kjrunnin said:

I've said that before! zing

kjrunninTad_MwchevronMattCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options

@kjrunnin said:

@P_Cottrell , getting Brett Goldstein to the Sworry Trials should be far easier than most everything else we've done...

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

The new Reacher series on Prime is the best comedy I have seen since Brooklyn 99. Or maybe since they cast Jim from the Office as Jack Ryan?

MattM_WareAaron WebsteyJames LangeTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Alan Ritchson will always be Thad from Blue Mountain State in my eyes (filmed at John Abbott too!)

MartinCraig_D
  • Options

I couldn't understand why Tom Cruise was cast as Reacher in the movies. I think Jason Mamoa would have been a better choice. Or at least someone over 5'6".

MartinM_Ware

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch