frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited March 2021

I can tolerate a maximum of one (1) email newsletter subscription in my inbox at any one time. It used to be @Kelly O'Mara 's, then when hers stopped I was down to zero. I susbscribed to Brad's a few weeks ago and have read them all without wanting to punch myself in the neck! So that's something.

It really is great though. A solid 2 minutes of "huh, neat!", weekly.

W

MartinTad_MCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

It's surprisingly not terrible.

Aaron WebsteyJames LangeTad_MbbculpCraig_D
  • Options

It's actually a little bit better than the Slowtwitch newsletter.

Aaron WebsteyJames LangeTad_Mbbculp
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

It's pretty good. The only thing missing is a joke/humor section.

Aaron WebsteyMartinTad_MStruangCraig_D

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member

@James Lange This is triathlon. No place for jokes or humor.

But seriously, I'll try harder to be funnier.

James LangeTad_MMartinCraig_DAaron Webstey
  • Options

@bbculp The fact that triathlon has no sense of humor whatsoever is the funniest thing about it.

MartinTad_MM_WareCraig_DAaron WebsteyHSeeley14

• Options

@bbculp

My wishlist of articles for this newsletter:
    1. "If Ironman had any idea of how to market their pros, I would cease to exist" - Talbot Cox interview
    2. Eight part series by Dan Empfield on the invention of steep seat angles. (Not sure eight would suffice.)
    3. "Bike handling tips from a triathlete"
    4. "Quantitative analysis of relationship between heightened levels of Covid-19 infection in triathletes due to failing at social distancing and the ability of triathletes to judge a 12m draft box"

M_WareJames LangeStruangKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyTad_MkjrunninCraig_DHSeeley14
  • Options

Here's a few more:
    1. "How does Lionel Sanders, the worst swimmer in triathlon, swim so much faster than you?"
    2. "5w30 or 10w30? Answers to your most embarrassing bike maintainenance questions"
    3. "Richard Murray's unsportsmanlike DQ in Hamburg WTS - a 5 year retrospective"
    4. "At 50 Dede Griesbauer is still a competitive professional triathlete: how fucking embarrassed should all the other female pros be?"

StruangM_WareMartinKenElPescadoPeladowchevronAaron WebsteyTad_M

• Options

@James Lange said:
    Here's a few more:
    1. "How does Lionel Sanders, the worst swimmer in triathlon, swim so much faster than you?"

I love this one.

James LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM

@James Lange said:
    Here's a few more:

Well he's probably been swimming at least once in the last year and a half.

Starting to wonder if I should now intentionally maintain my lack of swimming and just rock up for IM UK sans swim practise, I mean how bad could it be?

Tad_M
  • Options

@Struang said:
    Starting to wonder if I should now intentionally maintain my lack of swimming and just rock up for IM UK sans swim practise, I mean how bad could it be?

wchevronStruangTad_MJennifer PostCraig_D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch