frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Back in the pool

wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
Got back in for the first time since February. Did a 300 warm up that felt more like an 800. Didn't feel too bad until about 3/4 of way through. Then I started to get gassed.

Swim at a local high school in the morning before work. Can't use the locker rooms so everyone is on the pool deck getting dressed afterwards. I ended up wrapping my towel around my waist and taking off my suit. I think some of the women just put their clothes over their wet suits. Not sure how this is going to work once winter hits.

Whatever aids we use, pull buoys, kick boards, etc have to be place in a bucket when we leave and they get cleaned afterwards. Wouldn't the chlorine in the pool kill any virus on the equipment? Covid sucks.
KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareAaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Glad you are back in the pool! Our locker room is open, but limited to 4 people at a time. I’m usually all by myself.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm definitely not looking forward to that first swim!
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited October 2020

Everyone should come visit my pool. Lunch time on Wednesdays — always rocking. ;)
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyJames Lange
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    M_Ware said:

Everyone should come visit my pool. Lunch time on Wednesdays — always rocking. ;)

Perfect!
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Round 2 today. Did a couple sets of 3x50 all out pace. Luckily, I can't remember what my times were last February to know how much slower I am now.
    M_WareTad_MAaron WebsteyCraig_DJames Lange
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm finally able to book lanes too. First swim this week and I felt like a loaf of pure shit after. So nice to be back in the water though!
    M_WarewchevronTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM

I think @DC Rainmaker might win this one with

Aaron Websteykjrunninwchevron
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Yeah, that sea pool instantly hit the top 3 on my bucket list.

StruangAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Holy crap that's amazing. Can the sharks jump in? I'm starting to really love the fact that I can drink the fresh, clear water while swimming (safely, since I do it without trying), and there are no sharks where @P_Cottrell and I train. The home of the Sworry Trials. I'm becoming a frady cat.

visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch