frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Zwift - how and when do you weigh yourself?

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
I know this is all over ST and elsewhere, but I'm interested in what our community does. Do you have a smart scale, how frequently do you weigh in, etc?

Personally, I weighed myself at I think 203lbs a while back one morning, and I've been using that number. But at the end of a day, with kit on, etc, I'm probably more like 206-208 (if you add shoes, like some suggest, even more). So, sadly, even my pathetic 30 minute rides that are super hard and super slow, are probably weight-doped.

Thinking of trying one of the TT races that @Zach Miller has been talking about on FB.
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    so i just started cycling again and i thought about this exact question. i woke up one more weighed myself and thats my weight. naked measurement. nobody includes clothes and shoes. I will recheck in a month, if i think i have lost weight but probably not for me.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I think the real question is, if you have a trainer and power meter, do you use the trainer as the power source or the one thats reads higher watts as your power source? #errorbanddoping #accuracydoping
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I posted my weight at 165 when I signed up for the beta in 2014.

I have not edited it since.

Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostBrent_RStruangMatt
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

I think the real question is, if you have a trainer and power meter, do you use the trainer as the power source or the one thats reads higher watts as your power source? #errorbanddoping #accuracydoping

The battery on my stages died and I used the power for my kickr. I usually just cruise around 170w but was busting out 250w without breaking a sweat. Even though I wasn't riding in any kind of event I still felt like a shit bag.

Ever since then my garmin/zwift has been cursed. I like recording rides on my 935 for the performance metrics but since the mix up it's been wanting to connect to my kickr as the primary power source. When I disable it the watch picks up the stages bluetooth as the default instead of ant+ version which steals the signal from zwift. I usually have to do a PC restart or watch restart to have things sync properly.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited April 2020

For consistency’s sake, I always use the PM.

To Webstey, you just put in a random value that you believe to be 20% less than the truth, but still believable.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    I use the Garmin scale to keep my watch updated as I'm a bit stats obsessed. I update Zwift when my weights changed by a few pounds.

Since I'm isolating at my mums and she keeps producing cake with the coffee and pudding after dinner (dessert for the heathans) the weight changes are in the wrong direction.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    I don't use Zwift (I have used it before), however I know they are trying to establish community standards. I believe at least one guy (current #1 ranked rider Holden Comeau) weighs in before every race with his full kit on per his interview last week on Velonews. He and his team also publish secondary power stats as well to try to keep some level of transparency and fairness. Of course he also said he has to weigh down his bike and trainer to keep it from moving all around when he is pushing 1,600 watts for his sprints - so he's not necessarily like the rest of us.

That said, I would assume most either don't bother on any regular basis or purposefully misrepresent their weight.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I don't think I'm much over 142 lbs. I'll try to find a scale.
    Aaron WebsteyMartindoyoueventribroCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Matt said:

69kg B)

Ah yes, 152.11 lbs. must be an optimum Zwift racing weight....
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch