frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Friday Boozing Open Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    New 2020 Rooster Endurance logo @AaronWebstey @PreachSwanson @Zach Miller
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited November 2019
    Say goodbye to the Hagrid hair. I’m getting something different tomorrow. Hoping for less like Hagrid, more like Emmylou.

Jennifer PostMattTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    It’s been quite a week. Time for this.

Aaron WebsteyTad_Mabussey1
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    Well this is 5.1% and awesome

M_WareAaron Websteyabussey1
  • Options
    ‘Tis the season.
    kjrunnin
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited December 2019
    Won't bother with a new thread, but Lionel Sanders and Paula Findlay just won their second races this week - Indian Wells and Challenge Daytona. Lionel had a pretty soft field once Lagerstrom had a mechanical, but Paula beat Lucy Charles today. If Paula stays fit, she could clean up on the 70.3 circuit next year.

Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, the Uli-Frodeno snipe-off on Twitter is worth a read. ETA here's a snippet: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1205485965646745600.html
    M_WareJennifer PostAaron WebsteyCraig_DMatt
  • Options
    Here @Martin in honour of Paula, the pride of Canada, have a homemade maple shortbread sandwich cookie.

AKA what I did instead of Zwifting or ellipticalling like I should have.
    Tad_MMartinJennifer PostAaron WebsteywchevronCraig_D
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Martin said:

Won't bother with a new thread, but Lionel Sanders and Paula Findlay just won their second races this week - Indian Wells and Challenge Daytona. Lionel had a pretty soft field once Lagerstrom had a mechanical, but Paula beat Lucy Charles today. If Paula stays fit, she could clean up on the 70.3 circuit next year.

Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, the Uli-Frodeno snipe-off on Twitter is worth a read. ETA here's a snippet: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1205485965646745600.html

Dude that thread is too much. Some good points buried in there almost uli's accusations. After reading most of it even if they did everything that uli wants to see to stop doping he would still accuse everyone of doing it. The sport is by no means clean but he's ate up with it
    Tad_MMartinJennifer PostAaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_D
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    The Uli thread is interesting. He’s over the top but I am glad someone is raising all these issues. Never been a Frodeno fan but I am impressed he keeps engaging with Uli.

I love that Paula Has won her last two races. So happy to see her having success after being injured again. Be sure to check out Eric’s videos now on YouTube. I think Eric has a natural gift for filmmaking. He nails the editing and music choices and has a talent for storytelling.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareMattMartin
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I'm assuming you have to have a Twitter account to read all the back and forth? All I can see is the 2 tweets attached to the link.
  • Options
    M_Ware said:

Say goodbye to the Hagrid hair. I’m getting something different tomorrow. Hoping for less like Hagrid, more like Emmylou.

Where's the new haircut pic?
  • Options

wchevronTad_MAaron WebsteyItsShugCraig_DA_drizzleBrew_Trikjrunnin
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    On the way home from Sioux Falls. Heading due west into the sun. I put on a pair of random sunglasses. Dave turns to me and says where are your Sly Devils? He meant my Pit Vipers. I <3 him.
    Tad_MAaron WebsteykjrunninA_drizzle
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    M_Ware said:

On the way home from Sioux Falls. Heading due west into the sun. I put on a pair of random sunglasses. Dave turns to me and says where are your Sly Devils? He meant my Pit Vipers. I <3 him. </p>

I like sly devils way better.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_M
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I love you guys

M_WareBrew_TriCraig_DTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options

Third annual Bourbon tasting last night. Usually do it on Christmas Eve but my nephew had to head back to Alabama today so we got the family together and did it last night. Blind taste test. Kids pass out the bourbon in numbered cups. We all give our scores 1-10. Then they add up the totals and rank the bourbons. I think the Blantons has come in 1st all 3 years.
    M_WareTad_MAaron WebsteyCraig_Dkjrunnin
  • Options
    Cmon out in July @wchevron , I'll have a few bottles for you to sample for a tasting game.
    M_WareAaron WebsteywchevronCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options
    Can’t do this July; will be out of the country but hoping to get out the following year.
    Tad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Thanks @Craig_D for the great gift ,
    @P_Cottrell and I just finished a fantastic gravel test of the Ode Goes to 11 course. We decided to continue our diligent planning and verify my secret Santa gift is of proper quality.
    You are 100% on track mixing whiskey with Maple syrup!!!!!! Fantastic. This is waiting for your Sworry finish line crossing - over ice!!!!
    (Paul's boys gave us matching Clark and Eddie figurines)

M_WarewchevronAaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    Craig d is up there?? Where was he at least ode?
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @ItsShug I wasn’t able to attend last year. Planning to make it this year for sure.

@Tad_M Glad you enjoyed it. I’ll bring more so don’t save any for me. Try it over ice cream too.
    M_WareTad_M
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    P_CottrellP_Cottrell Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Craig_D ice cream sounds good. I was thinking over pancakes at the #sworrytrials. Breakfast of champions.
    Craig_DM_WareTad_M
  • Options
    Happy New year, assholes
    Aaron WebsteywchevronCraig_DM_WareBrew_TriMartinkjrunninStruangTad_M
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    I was conflicted on Facebook today.
    I've been enjoying endless clips of the master , Neil.Peart.
    Endless drum virtuosity was interrupted by @Ben Hobbs .
    Looking well and buying pants or something (I may hear the audio later)
    Maybe Ben can play the drums?
  • Options
    Vintage SNL. I <3 it.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    This seems like the appropriate thread for what just happened. Youngest 16, went to a 16th birthday party, has 5 friends sleeping over. Pick them up, get home about 10. Head off to bed. Get woken up at 1am by my wife telling me two of the girls are throwing up in the basement. One of the girls got her hands on some vodka the party and they decided to have a little after party at our house. Still trying to figure out who at the party gave them the vodka but we'll deal with that tomorrow. Working on getting the vomit out of the carpet and couch now. The joys of teenagers.
    Update with news at 3:30am. Turns out the supplier of the vodka was our oldest daughter, who's only 17. She's sleeping at a friend's house so Sunday is going to be an interesting day once everyone is awake and at home.
    And to top it off, one of the girls who got sick is new to the school and we've never met her parent before. Now, not only do we get to meet them for the first time and tell them we let their daughter get drunk and sick at our house but we also get to tell them we supplied the alcohol. Not a good weekend.
    abussey1Tad_MAaron WebsteyM_WareStruangkjrunninItsShugCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @wchevron - Better your older daughter supplying them than some rando in the parking lot at the liquor store doing it in exchange for being added to their instagram feed. (Just giving you some speaking points for the drop off.)
    Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Vomitgate update: Parents were all pretty understanding. Three of the 4 girls staying over we've known for a long time so they were pretty good about it. Even the parents we had to call at 2am to pick up their daughter. She was pretty bad.
    New girl's parents were also pretty cool. Dad picked her up and was pretty good about it. The mom texted my wife later and said the same thing happened to her with her oldest last year at a sleepover at her house so she understood what we were going through.
    Turns out some videos were taken. Pretty embarrassing. Gives me some good material to tease the kids in the future.
    So in the end, we are out 2 comforters, 1 mattress egg crate, 5 towels, plus $185 to steam clean the carpet and some of the sofa cushions.

I'm hoping to avoid Vomitgate 2: Vermont version. In 2 weeks. Got coerced by my oldest to take 11 high school seniors skiing in Vermont for a weekend.
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninCraig_DJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Shrink wrap the hotel rooms....
    Aaron WebsteywchevronCraig_Dabussey1
  • Options
    Wish we were going to Canada, I could use my father's trick at the border. Years ago he was chaperoning a high school ski trip. His friend was a teacher and head of the ski club. They were going to Canada for he weekend. Before the border passing, my father gets up and makes an announcement the Canadian border police have alcohol smelling dogs they will be bringing aboard the bus. He was going to pass a bag back and wanted anyone with alcohol to put it in the bag, no questions asked. Whoever didn't and got caught would be pulled off the bus and their parents would have to pick them up.
    Said the kids believed him and couldn't believe the amount of liquor in the bag. Said the chaperones partied all weekend with the kids booze.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareStruangkjrunninCraig_DKHilgendorfabussey1Tad_MJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch