frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Report Problems Here

Comments

• Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I came here to report the same problem as @TheRealStarky Then I read @AaronWebstey response and feel somewhat responsible as well now..
    Aaron Webstey

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    also can not post pictures from the desktop computer :((
    HMKP
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Kpressure can you email me one or more of the photos you're trying to upload? In email please include OS/Browser info, and if possible a screenshot of what it says when you try to upload. Sorry if you already did this and I forgot.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey FYI, I didn't want to leave this comment under James' article, but on the front page, the comments are loading backwards (meaning the first comment is at the bottom, subsequent comment appear above it v. first comment first, second comment below it and so on). In the forum, they are loading correctly.

At least that's how they appear for me. FF on Mac
  • Options
    I had to log back in after the changeover and logging in with Facebook took me to a bad link. Logging in with my Twitter ID worked.
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Thanks @morganstyer , I'll look into that.

@kevinschummer , that's the way the WP Comments plugin works on purpose, so that it more closely matches the normal way WP sites do comments. Not sure if I could change it or not, but I think it flows better with the article viewing that way.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @morganstyer can you let me know if it works now? And if not, can you tell me the link it sent you to?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    kevinschummerkevinschummer Member
    edited March 2015
    @AaronWebstey Forgot that it was WP. Always hated that style.

As I read down, you were commenting on something Theo said, but I hadn't seen/read his comment yet. Chronologically, it never made sense to me as those sorts of situations arise all the time. Anyway, nevermind then. :((
  • Options
    @kevinschummer yeah, good point. Hm. I'm willing to bet there have been whole papers written on which way is better. As it stands, it would take a bit of time for me to change it so I'll probably leave it as is, sorry.
    #KOAT
  • Options

@kevinschummer yeah, good point. Hm. I'm willing to bet there have been whole papers written on which way is better. As it stands, it would take a bit of time for me to change it so I'll probably leave it as is, sorry.

Sorta like the correct pronunciation of gif? And figured that was going to be the response, hence the crying emoticon.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    New one: on tablet (iPad Air2) text formatting is getting cut off on the right side of the page. image
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    Thanks guys. @yournotunique will look into that. Although if you see my latest discussion, it may become a moot point.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    TheoTheo Member
    @AaronWebstey another thing I noticed with the integration of the forum is that now the links to specific parts of a thread (like when you click on a thread and it's supposed to take you to the 1st post you haven't read) are completely out of alignment/jacked up.
    Aaron Webstey

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    To jump on @Theo 's point, also, no back to top finger thing on the bottom left side of screen. @AaronWebstey

It just seems like I'm being nit-picky now...
  • Options
  • Options
    FB login is working now. !beer @AaronWebstey
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    SystemAdminSystemAdmin Administrator
    /me slides @AaronWebstey a beer.
    PreachSwansonAaron Webstey
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I think @AaronWebstey drinks free at NY tri
    Aaron Webstey
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Ha! You all should drink on me. You're the ones making it good.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Can't remember when it started (maybe March 4th) but now when I open a discussion it goes to the top rather than to the first comment that I haven't read.

• Options
    That's the embedding scripts. I worked on debugging that for a few hours one night with no luck, then it seemed to be working again for a while. Drives me crazy.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Here's a new one. I'm checking the board from work (Firefox on Windows 7) and every time I back up to the discussions page I have to log in again.
  • Options
    Hmm. Logging in through Wordpress via the link in far upper left seems to have solved the problem. It was only the embedded forum that was giving me problems apparently.
  • Options
    I had the same problems today with the embedded forum.

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Also, notifications down again.

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Email notifications should be working again. Login is possible, you just have to click the 'forum' menu item after trying to log in. Trying to figure out WTF is wrong there.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I keep getting logged out. Is there a problem with the forum? Thanks
  • Options
    I logged into the new forum, trstriathlon.com, no problem. But having problems with the forum site.
  • Options
    @olson_a did you go to http://trstriathlon.com/forum ?

Twitter login should work properly now. Working on FB.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Also there's a "Top" link at the very bottom of the forum pages now. The floating middle finger got all fucked up by the embedding.
    kevinschummer
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch