frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

The WTF bowl!

Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
For 16 years in this house, when we find stuff that "we know we will find where that came from" but have no idea, we put it in a bowl. It became known as the WTF bowl (finally the kids don't have to ask why it's called that)
I'm refinishing the kitchen cabinets, and we reclaimed our very first item from the WTF bowl.
We celebrated a little bit!
My favourite otherwise is the big copper ball......

Does anyone else have a WTF collection? If you see something you need, come visit Michigan!

visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
GasBombAaron Websteygregk

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    If we weren’t currently mid-blizzard I would go out and take a pic of the contents of the WTF building. I thought this post was going to be about college football.
    Aaron WebsteyNHetrosimonsen77idking90ellsworth53tKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    My WTF bowl is called the trash can.
    Aaron WebsteymaggierukjrunninNHetroKenElPescadoPelado

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    My motto is: When in doubt, throw it out.

....and pay for it later.

NHetroTad_MGasBombidking90Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoPevashishDaulJohns622
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @gregk will refuse to attend the Sworry Trials when he sees this travesty..... guess I should have thought before posting.
    GasBombgregkAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tad_M said:

@gregk will refuse to attend the Sworry Trials when he sees this travesty..... guess I should have thought before posting.

@Tad_M don't worry - even though I'm a kinda-sorta-always-trying-to-be-a-better-minimalist, I think EVERY house has a junk drawer or bowl. I'm just impressed that it's not bigger than that! While I don't have a single WTF spot in the house for misc stuff like yours, I certainly have several categorized / kinda organized places that are WTF by category (i.e. the little box of nails, screws, and picture hanging stuff, or the plastic bin of power strips / electronic things). I've moved WAY too many times and know better than to get rid of ALL this stuff. I just try to get rid of the backup-backup for the backup.
    Tad_MAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    So about 9 months ago I found a strange rubber stopper. Fast forward 6 months and I finally flip over my blender and see that it's missing a rubber foot, which is why it has been vibrating for the past 6 months. A month more goes by with casual research into sourcing a new foot. Then my wife asks me to do something hardware related and I fish around in the jar of miscellaneous parts and I discover this rubber plug. I grab the blender and, lo and behold, it fits perfectly.

NEVER THROW OUT THAT POTPOURRI OF PARTS!!!
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareTad_MMartinKenElPescadoPeladogregkJohns622
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Tad_M said:

My favourite otherwise is the big copper ball......

That's quite a collection of butt plugs and ball gags, @Tad_M!

I recognize a hatchet from Legos or Playmobil in there.

Tad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch