frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

End of season races (iron distance)

1_Hot_Pretzel1_Hot_Pretzel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Anyone have recommendations for fall ‘19 races? Looking particularly at IM Louisville but wanted to ask the group. Thoughts on Louisville or other races?

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Toughmaaaaaaaan
    Tad_M1_Hot_PretzelCraig_Dslickfins_Ryan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Toughmaaaaaaaan

It's a legit and fun course at the Sept. NY Champs. Half. Super great time.
    1_Hot_Pretzel
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Remind me. Is Toughman the former Tupper Lake Tinman race?
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Haven't done anything over a half in the fall. Cabo 70.3 was great. Hot as hell but I found it to be well spectated and a pretty fun atmosphere. Very challenging both on course and off (don't recommend staying at an all inclusive when you can't drink a bunch) Toughman was a load of fun with this group in attendance. I'd love to see another group get together there. Tough course but a great time.
    1_Hot_PretzelTad_M
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    IMFL usually temp is good, and not overly difficult. Weather has been good both years I’ve done it, and I’m signed up for 2019, so I doubt there will be another hurricane.
    1_Hot_PretzelAaron WebsteyTad_M

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Yeah - I was worried about the hurricane potential - and any hangover flashbacks from spring break all those years ago - like when I smell tequila.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DJohns622slickfins_Ryansimonsen77
  • Options
    Tad_M said:

Toughmaaaaaaaan

It's a legit and fun course at the Sept. NY Champs. Half. Super great time.
    My colleagues daughter did toughkids this past fall and loved it - really well run race by the sounds of it. I’ll check out toughman too.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_D
  • Options

Yeah - I was worried about the hurricane potential - and any hangover flashbacks from spring break all those years ago - like when I smell tequila.

This year was a fluke for a hurricane that late in the season in the Gulf. Usually the weather is pretty perfect, if not a little too warm. PCB is a dump though, so if you’re making a vacation out of it with the family I’d plan on leaving for Destin the day after the race. First time I did it we rented a condo for the week and had 3 days post race with nothing to do
    Aaron Webstey1_Hot_Pretzel

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    SdogSdog Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

Remind me. Is Toughman the former Tupper Lake Tinman race?

Toughman is several hours south than Tupper Lake.
    Matt
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Just rode a chunk of the IM Louisville course yesterday. It goes from gorgeous to trailer park city pretty quick, but the pretty part is pretty.
    1_Hot_PretzelKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Johns622 said:

Just rode a chunk of the IM Louisville course yesterday. It goes from gorgeous to trailer park city pretty quick, but the pretty part is pretty.

In NY now but originally from Indy. Made it down to Louisville a ton and always thought it was a great town. The horse country part is incredible not to mention the bourbon, but yeah I could imagine the rv / trailer parks prividing good fodder for our racist small town thread.
    Johns622

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch