frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Marathon Investigation Podcast

NHetroNHetro Member, Rooster Endurance Member
edited December 2018 in Main
Has anyone listened to it yet? I'm assuming you all familiar with the Marathon Investigation (MI) blog/articles.

The MI articles/blog are juicy like a celebrity tabloid. But the third podcast episode was straight up a Jerry Springer show. They talk to one of the friends of a lady that fudged some strava data to cover up a missed loop. The friend was completely belligerent. This was the lady that threatened the MI guy with statements like they understand now why a mass shooter would shoot up a place. I think the lady was a teacher.

Still, there is some redeeming philosophical discussions. The 2nd episode was a debate between the MI guy and the current cohost. The cohost disagrees with how the MI guy is going about his Investigations. His reasoning is these investigations leads to viral public shaming for which could lead to a ruined life or career of the cheater. He asks the questions, if the MI guy exposes a cheater and they are shamed to the point that the cheater takes their own life, would the blood be on the MI guy's hands?
Aaron WebsteySdogKenElPescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    This is the best idea I've heard since the start of TRS Radio
    Sdogwchevron
    #KOAT
  • Options
    SdogSdog Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Ill give it a listen tonight.
    NHetro
  • Options
    SdogSdog Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Ok I just listened to the first 20 mins. Holly cow that’s nuts!! It’s hard to believe that is a real phone conversation. It reminds me of a prank phone call I once heard on Howard Stern it was done by the Jerky Boys, it was about a used car salesman, search “Jerky Boys used car salesman “. It’s on YouTube
    NHetroKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    I watched your Jerky Boys used car salesman call. That's a pretty good Joe Pesci impression!

SdogCraig_D
  • Options
    I'm a sucker for that smut. I used to live outside of DC, and there was a radio station that would have one of those fake flowers/cheaters segments.
    The premise was, you would call the radio show if you expected your significant other was cheating on you. The radio show would call your significant other posing as a flower shop that's sending a free dozen of romantic roses. Youre on the line listening quietly. The cheater then asks to have the roses sent to their mistress. You yell surprise mofo, who the hell is Natasha!

These calls were unbelievable. So unbelievable that I googled it. Turns out the whole segment was staged. The cheaters were other radio show hosts pretending to be in relationships. These radio shows held their own fake flowers/cheaters segments. Despite the sham, it was fucking hilarious though.
    SdogKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I would say if the MI guy wants to call out cheaters, then he should give equally strong props out there to people who "miss a lap" and publicly call out their invalid published time. If we all believe we are trying to promote the right behavior......
    That's a heck of a good dilemma they discuss @NHetro , anyone that initiates any sort of public shaming is always at risk of the negative downstream consequences. Even if not legal risk, then personal risk from the psych effects if something happens (unless they are a psychopath/sociopath)
    SdogNHetro
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This has just given me a new podcast to check out.
    Thanks!
    NHetro
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Whoever has @Sdog and @NHetro for their secret santa the Jerky Boys put out a couple of CD's in the 90's that were all crank calls. I have them both and listened to them with my kids today. Still laugh just as hard. Awesome stuff. "Security" is still one of my favs.

Interesting discussion here about the ramifications of calling out a cheat. I'm certain they never expect to get caught. They are certainly bold enough to make the attempt, but I wonder if they even consider the fallout if they're exposed. I wonder if their arrogance is such that they believe they can get away with it and either no one is smart enough to catch them or they present such an aura that no one would question them. I'll give it a listen as I'm sure there will be some interesting insights presented.
    SdogNHetroKenElPescadoPelado
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    "Hello? Yes. Hi. Your daughter, she come over to my house today, and she KICK MY DOG!"
    NHetroCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m halfway through the episode of the guy “defending” his friend. Wow! He’s sure helping her cause. I don’t see anything wrong with the way Derek does things. As he tried to tell the guy, he never actually called her a cheater. He just raises the questions with results, presents the available data, and let’s the public form their own opinion.
    Craig_D

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch