frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Report Problems Here

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @_MurMan well isn't that strange.  I've been using Chrome but yep, on Safari I can't see the banner.  I can see images in posts, though.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @_MurMan I think I've fixed it.  Looks like Yosemite is a bit wonky with regards to certain images.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I see the images in posts now.  But @tr_ipa_thlete had an image in their signature block and I can't see that. @AaronWebstey ;

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey fixed. 

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    Huh?  Weird.  I have no idea what fixed that ( @tr_i@tr_ipa_thlete's signature image) but I'm glad it's working :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Well now I'm confused.  I can't see @tri_ipa_thlete's signature image, but it seems like I can add one to my signature.  Oh well, let me know if there are any more issues.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Did the "training" forum/folder get killed?

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Hey, yo @AaronWebstey . bit of a technical problem. some posts aren't showing up as new for me. For instance, the recent Huub Gear thread shows up, but theres no yellow 'New' tag or anything to indicate it's a new thread that I haven't looked at yet. Settings or or somethings else?

TY
  • Options
    yup, for some reason I thought it was a "category" in the forum, instead of just a thread. D'oh!

• Options
    @kevinschummer that is strange; same thing is happening for me.  Let me know if it happens again and I'll look into it further.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Testing notifications.  I think that @Kpressure notifications might be going to Sean, and @Dark_Mark notifications might be going to Katie.  If Katie, Sean, or Mark get notified of this post, please let me know.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I did get notified, but how do we know for who?!!??!?!?!?
    HMKP
  • Options
    Good point :)  Did you get this one, @Kpressure ?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Yes i did. Now try DM alone and see if i get that one
    HMKP
  • Options
    Any chance you're interested in a job as a tester/debugger?  :)

@Dark_Mark , or Katie, are you notified of this mention?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Uhhh idk. Did a funny thing with reloading this page but I got a notification at 1:40 and 1:53pm. Cant see the time stamps on your posts.
    HMKP
  • Options
    Hm, I'm pretty sure you didn't get notified then - My last 2 posts were only 5 minutes apart.  Veeeery weird.  I'll try one more time - @Dark_Mark - to see if you, Katie, get a notification.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Nope, no notification that time
    HMKP
  • Options
    Fucking weird.  Thanks for the help, HMKP.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    got a notification
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @AaronWebstey - Any chance we can stick with one style of font? I know its nit picky (like Dark) but a san-serif fond that is clean and easy on the eyes or at least not seeing san-serif while typing and then reading everything in serif as the default. I know it is picky but as my defense I just finished reading 8 style guides to compare with the one I'm writing for the office.
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    @PreachSwanson not sure how easy that is (the editing font is probably built into your browser) but I'll look into it.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey it is happening again this time its @_MurMan 's faultScreenshot_2014-12-11-10-36-32
    HMKP
  • Options
    Thanks @Kpressure !  Very helpful!!  I have been chatting with the forum development team (of which I may now end up being a member in some manner), and this might be a known bug.  If so, I'll just have to apply a patch and voila.  
    #KOAT
  • Options

@kevinschummer that is strange; same thing is happening for me.  Let me know if it happens again and I'll look into it further.

Happening again. Also, when someone mentions me in a post, I get the notification, but I don't see a notification on the left. I'm not sure if that's what the conversation is about, but I seem to remember getting that at the beginning...
  • Options
    TheoTheo Member
    edited December 2014

Another funny thing I'm noticing (most likely a forum bug as well), is with regards to the @ mentions:

1) when you start a post and then go to use the @ mention midway through the sentence, like @aaronwebstey", if I click on the auto-complete box, it wipes out all the text entered on that line before it.

2) when manually typing in an @ mention mid sentence to get around the problem described above, it only seems to associate the first 2-3 letters to the mention, not the whole name, like this: @AaronWebstey

• Options
    Yeah, I've been finding the mentions a little wonky too.  Notifications as well.  There's a new release coming out soon, and I'm kinda hoping that solves all these little weird problems.  However, I really appreciate you guys letting me know what's happening, especially with the level of detail you've been giving.  You're most likely going to end up helping this open source project move forward with bug fixes :)
    #KOAT
  • Options

for the semi-complete mentions, if you look at the html source of the post, it looks like this, which explains why it is getting confused:

midway through the sentence, like @a<span id=MentionsLookupHolder1418318245813"></span>ar<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318246045"></span>o<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318246173"></span>n<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318246362"></span><span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318246405"></span>we<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318247590"></span><span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318247671"></span>b<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318247870"></span>s<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318248024"></span>te<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318248263"></span>y<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318248343"></span><span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318248447"></span>"<span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318250070"></span><span id="MentionsLookupHolder1418318250126"></span>, if I click on the auto-complete box

• Options
    @Theo , are you a nerd too?

That does look concerting.  I'm waiting to hear back from the forum developers to see if I can get a patch for this so we don't have to wait for the next release (although they do seem to come out every couple weeks).
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch