frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Let's See Your Critters

M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
edited September 2018 in Main
Isn't it time we have a pet thread? Show us your dogs, cats, hamsters, iguanas, tarantulas, horses, goats, hedgehogs, llamas, bunnies, snakes, toads....you name it! Here's the canine crew at our house. Molly, Australian Cattle Dog x Corgi, in front; to the left, Hattie Jane, ACD, (aka Joan Jett and/or La Brujita); in the back, Jimmie, found by my husband in the James River in December, looks like a rez dog; and far right, Hazel, a very sweet, gun shy, thundershirt wearing Brittany.

Keeper of the Cowbell
Queen of All Donut Awards
Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
kids.jpg 129.2K
KenElPescadoPeladoDHansenTriwchevronAaron WebsteyCapenRobert RankinkjrunninGasBombItsShugGranpa ChookCraig_DTad_MAVAVAVlakercrHSeeley14FastCat1107maggieruMamaCheetahfyrehaar

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This is Zack, part (English?) Cattle Dog & part Besenji. Wholly unhelpful as a running partner. Chickenshit in a kayak, even. Eats his own poop on the daily. Free to good home. Nevermind, his momma might want to keep him.

DHansenTriM_WareCapenRobert RankinkjrunninGasBombItsShugGranpa ChookCraig_DTad_MlakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetahfyrehaar
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @PescadoPelado as a triathlete, how can you question someone else's nutrition plan, really? :D
    MattKenElPescadoPeladoCapenGasBombCraig_DTad_Mslickfins_RyanlakercrHSeeley14kjrunninMamaCheetah
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    This is Wilson.

His nickname is Raisin, because this handsome cat is always cleaning his ass.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoneil5youngAaron WebsteyCapenRobert RankinkjrunninBrew_TriGasBombItsShugCraig_DTad_Msimonsen77slickfins_RyanlakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetahfyrehaar1_Hot_Pretzel
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Bruiser.
    M_WareCapenMattRobert RankinkjrunninGasBombItsShugGranpa ChookCraig_DTad_Msimonsen77slickfins_RyanlakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Big doofus is Bailey. Little doofus is Rylee. Both rescues. Bailey is at least part golden. Rylee is some sort of terrier mix. I had to con them both with treats to get them to sit still for a picture together.
    M_WareCapenkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombItsShugGranpa ChookAaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_MlakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetah

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    CapenCapen Member
    Here is Mrs. Bitchface. All she wants to do is fucking play. This is her staring at me to throw a toy.
    M_WareRobert RankinkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombItsShugGranpa ChookAaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_MlakercrHSeeley14maggieruMamaCheetah

Toughman Aqua Bike Champion of the World
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Aaron Webstey is that a live animal, or something the Mrs. wears to the opera/theatre?
    MattAaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_Mlakercr
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited July 2016
    Phil the long haired. Wiener dog

Arlo half German Shepherd half Mastiff

Various unnamed cats. You can name them but you got to take em with you.

*The cats are all out door cats
    M_WareGasBombCapenGranpa ChookRobert RankinAaron WebsteyCraig_DMattKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MkjrunninlakercrHSeeley14maggieruMamaCheetahbri_tri2KMRyanTri
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Here's Chloe. Her breed is "Reservation Hound." Daughter of a mutt, father's origin unknown.

M_WareGranpa ChookRobert RankinAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MkjrunninlakercrHSeeley14maggieruMamaCheetahbri_tri2fyrehaar1_Hot_Pretzel

• Options
    @neil5young we call that the Heisman pose. Hazel sleeps that way all the time.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

@Aaron Webstey is that a live animal, or something the Mrs. wears to the opera/theatre?

Both.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MGasBombMatt_Froese
    #KOAT
  • Options
    More of our current menagerie, Quick, retired race horse; Ozzie, house kitty; Velma, keeps the horse company; and Blackby, barn kitty.
    MattKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MAaron WebsteyGasBombkjrunninGranpa ChooklakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetahfyrehaar
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Max and Ruby. Max, lighter color is 5, Ruby 2. They get all worked up when steak is grilling.

M_WareAaron WebsteyCapenGasBombGranpa ChooklakercrHSeeley14maggieruMamaCheetahbri_tri2KenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Thanks, now I have THAT song stuck in my head.
    simonsen77kjrunninTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

Thanks, now I have THAT song stuck in my head.

SAME!!! Ugh.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    Boston. Adopted the week of the marathon bombings. I was looking for a 4-legged running buddy and the people who deliver my weekly organic produce bin connected me with him. Greyhound/Ridgeback mix is my best guess. Named after the race but he actually hides when I've got my running gear on, so now I tell people he's named after the doughnut.

And this is Fucker Tucker. Aka Death Breath. A maltipoo from a puppy mill before I knew better. Except for the yappy dog thing and the fact that his breath makes your eyes water, he's a charmer.

We've had Tucker for 10 years and Boston for 3 and the two are thick as thieves. They remind me of Schwarzenegger & DeVito.
    Gone but not forgotten: Miko. We lost him Easter weekend at 19 but he still holds a big place in our hearts. Our furry terrorist, he had a ton of catitude, and kept these dogs in line.

@ItsShug I will take all of those kittens. Crazy cat lady starter kit.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMattGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoJasonCapenlakercrHSeeley14ItsShugTad_MmaggieruMamaCheetahbri_tri2fyrehaar

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Sorry @Aaron Webstey and @kjrunnin . When we got Max, the youngest was still watching that. Drove us nuts too. Thus the name. Once we got Ruby, they had forgotten. I suggested we call her "99", but was told that was crazy, "you can't name a dog a number"..... Of course I answered instantly, "It's not a number, its a secret agent code name, jeesh!". That got me nowhere of course.
    I didn't know it would have fit with the TRS podcast. Too bad, cause I'd have instantly switched to saying her name with the Macca accent after hearing the episode.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyGasBombKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Clearly this cat is Catholic...
    Aaron WebsteyItsShugkjrunninMattCraig_DlakercrHSeeley14FastCat1107Tad_Mellsworth53tyournotuniqueMamaCheetah1_Hot_Pretzel

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    This is Chanel West Coast. Named because she's a dumb blonde and my kids love Ridiculousness. Also, she's a golden doodle which is code for expensive mutt.

M_WarekjrunninJasonCapenlakercrHSeeley14Tad_Mellsworth53tGranpa Chookbri_tri2

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options

Clearly this cat is Catholic...

There's actually two momma cats in that pile. They're just hard to see. I about got them all shipped off to new homes. Just in time to notice our momma cats are prenger again.
    GasBombM_WareAaron WebsteyTad_M
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    JasonJason Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This is my running buddy Westley. He's shit in the heat but can run much farther than is short legs would have you believe when the weather is reasonable. He's a Giant Schnauzer/Bassett mix, allegedly.

M_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomblakercrAaron WebsteyItsShugTad_Mellsworth53tGranpa ChookHSeeley14MamaCheetahfyrehaar

• Options
    This is Marlene, Marley, or Dog Marley - depending on where she is on the "good dog</>bad dog" spectrum. She was a rescue that came home with us in late April at about 18 months old.

MattM_WarekjrunninHSeeley14GasBombAaron WebsteyItsShugCapenTad_MGranpa ChookMamaCheetahfyrehaar

• Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited July 2016
    I border on being a crazy dog lady. These two hosers each have an Instagram page that gets more attention than my own.

Big Boy. Bubba. Dump Dog. Weasel. Bum Noser. Real name Boston, but he never listens to that anymore. Most expensive dog I ever hope to own as he has $10K plus of hardware in his knees. Typical older dude, set in his ways; even has a tendency to be a bit of a "breedist" - hates dobermans and rottweilers. Complex mofo he is.

Upon first glance you might think "awwwwww!!!" - don't be fooled by the Puss In Boots face, this Gingerbitch is a total maniac! Just look at this indignant look from a recent pic:

Maiden the Ridgeless Rhodesian Ridgeback.

M_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladolakercrAaron WebsteyItsShugCapenTad_MGranpa Chookfyrehaar1_Hot_Pretzel
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    When I get the time/space for a dog, I want a either a Rhodesian, Weimaraner or Vizsla.
    M_WareGranpa ChookMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited July 2016
    Matt said:

When I get the time/space for a dog, I want a either a Rhodesian, Weimaraner or Vizsla.

Go Vizsla. Greyhounds like Wilco here (RIP) or something like a Vizsla from the same family rock. A Rhodesian would be a close second, but require a lot more attention and exercise.
    MattM_WareGasBombHSeeley14Aaron WebsteyItsShugCapenTad_MJoshRlakercrMamaCheetahfyrehaar
  • Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Matt said:

Agree with Martin! RR's are nuts!! But they are full of personality (albeit strange) and can run, run, run! Maiden has no problem running 20+km at any pace and loves it.
    M_WareMattTad_MMamaCheetah
  • Options
    @Martin 'Wilco' - ha! Great name, hipster.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Here's my other doggies. Layla is a stylish graybeard. Lab mix.

Lilly is hideous but we tell her she is beautiful.

Riley is a love able bruiser that thinks she's a lap dog.

ItsShugAaron WebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTad_MmaggieruGranpa ChooklakercrHSeeley14MamaCheetah

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    kjrunnin said:

How many, what colors. I can ship
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareCapenKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTad_Mtcaley5
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ItsShug said:

kjrunnin said:

How many, what colors. I can ship
    Two. One tuxedo. One shipper's choice as long as it's not batshit crazy.

Insert sad face because I'm pretty sure you're joking.
    M_WareItsShugTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch