frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Report Problems Here

Comments

• Options
    hahah, in the grand scheme of things I would probably qualify, yes. However in the environment I work/live in (Silicon Valley startups), I'm just a lowly Product Manager/Marketing guy =) CS background though, and enjoy tinkering with various Arduinos, Electric Imps and other stupid stuff.

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    If product manager/marketing is "lowly" compared to software engineer, then I want to come wherever the hell you live. Programmers get paid in bags of horse turds around here! :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Not a problem, more of a feature request. Is it possible to put an "in reply to" link similar to how ST does in posts? Just to help keep track of what someone might be responding to if they tag your name. Or, honestly, even if they don't. 

Maybe nested posts? But that might make things a bit too messy aesthetically....
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @yournotunique that's one of the things on my todo list.  Figured I might at least check it out.  There are a few plugins to do that, good to know someone else wants it.
    HMkrplunkit
    #KOAT
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey Thanks. It was actually your response to me in the music thread that reminded me to ask about it; I have no idea what it was referring to, lol
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    I should have used the "quote" button!  That's actually the preferred way with this forum.  Looks like the nested comments are hard to make play nice with the other plugins :S
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I dunno that I'd call this a "problem" but I don't see a setting for it nor a previous comment/discussion about it (I didn't look that hard, honestly). Is there a way active discussions move to the top, like ST?
  • Options
    @kevinschummer the way it's supposed to work is as follows:
    - 'Announcements' (i.e., 'sticky posts') are at the top, in order of most recent comment.  Myself, @TheRealStarky, @_MurMan, @zachboring, and @Kpressure can make any discussion an Announcement.
    - All other discussions should be ordered by most recent comment.  If there are comments you haven't read yet, you should see "X new" in yellow.  

For some weird reason, new discussions where you haven't yet read *any* of the comments do not get a yellow tag like "X new".  I'm looking into fixing that.

Please let me know if this is not how it is working for you, Kevin!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Hmmm, my Monday morning laziness (by which I mean general laziness) did not notice that...but I still blame you KOAT! 8-

TY
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    I've been married for 4.5 years now; I'm used to being blamed for everything :)  NP.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @kevinschummer you should now notice that if a new thread gets started, you'll see 'All new!' in yellow, just like the 'X new' tag on threads you've viewed before.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Classy work, KOAT. @AaronWebstey I like that you mentioned me to make sure I got it, too. Letting the slow ones keep up! ^:)^

I'm having too much fun with the emoticons. Can you add the steaming pile of shit though? I'd like that in my signature.
    Aaron WebsteyTheo
  • Options
    @kevinschummer I'll see what I can do.  Maybe @Dark_Mark can help out with that one :)
    #KOAT
  • Options

[-X [-X [-X Snapchat--9212572044137436294
    HMKP
  • Options
    Sorry Katie ... I seem to have broken something.  Can you see the correct theme now? 
    #KOAT
  • Options
    OK, that should fix it.  Sorry Katie and anyone else!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I should say, sorry @Kpressure to make sure you get notified!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Ahh yes! @AaronWebstey
    HMKP
  • Options
    Testing.  Muffin man.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey, do you think we can categorize Falco threads together?  
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    @WadeCutter I've been thinking about ways to organize the clutter. Any suggestions welcome. May have a category for gear-related items, and/or a 'sponsors tent' category where @FalcoBike , @kinghuub , and others (I think those guys are the only ones here so far? Please correct me if wrong @TheRealStarky ) posts can be found (they would still be in the 'recent discussions' list too of course).
    HMkrplunkitTheo
    #KOAT
  • Options
    The new mobile is jacked as of like an hour ago.. Looks great.....just can't post at all

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    @zachboring is it still messed? Should be back to normal now. Working on a better mobile theme and accidentally set it to the unfinished new theme for a minute.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I have a cold and I didnt meet my target pace in my tempo run this morning. #Problem
    Aaron WebsteyWadeCutter

Dr. Jocy - TRS EAST Bitches!

• Options
    Nope. Still can't post even if I use full site

• Options
    Also, as for organization. I would like to see a way to separate topics. Gear, training, TRS Racing Info, and a "Lavender Room" come to mind

• Options
    _MurMan_MurMan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @zachboring if you look to the left there is the categories area, it isn't as specific as what you're requesting but it is a start in the early runnings. 

I got you're back @AaronWebstey, even though you're mean to me! 
    Aaron WebsteyHMkrplunkit

Sean Murnane - East Coast Hooligan

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm setting up a development site right now, so that I can try out a few things before making them live.  As Sean said, there are categories - but right now they're somewhat useless, as the default main page is just all recent discussions.  Looking at examples of other forums using this software, it is possible to have categories show up on the top bar, similarly to how ST works.  So there could still be an 'all recent discussions' page, but it would be easier/more intuitive to click on various categories.  

I'm also looking into a more professional looking design for the forum overall; something that would be full-width on desktop and that could include a better layout for categories.  Something like the attached image, but with colours and formatting fixed up.

#KOAT
  • Options
    Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 9.21.25 PM
    ADRBillyHMkrplunkitTheo
    #KOAT
  • Options
    so @AaronWebstey when all this is done, where do we all send beers for the work you've put in? and I mean real craft beers in the style you prefer from our respective corners of the world?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch