frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Anyone done a swimrun?

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'm signed up for one in August but am blissfully ignorant about them. I can swim and run, so I have that bit covered. I can drill holes in running shoes to let water out, and in a pullbuoy to put surgical tubing through it, and despite having swum for 30 years, I usually manage 12-13 strokes with paddles on before dunking my fingers in early and having one yank off.

Do I need one of these fancy shorty wetsuits that zip front and back, or should I just have a wetsuit shop cut an old tri wetsuit at the knees and pray for a cool day?

(I am sorely tempted to just do it in my Rooster Endurance budgie smugglers and sneakers if that's allowed.)

@Aaron Webstey if you have any local knowledge about the trail conditions and elevation changes at the Sackville Lakes provincial park, it would be appreciated.

Aaron WebsteyM_Ware

Comments

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I've always been intrigued by the swimruns but never had any close to home to try. I did do an aquathon once and ran the fastest 5km of my life off it so I assume I'd be awesome at it.

Brew_TriMartinAaron Websteykjrunnin

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

I think, I think that Herbert Krabel may have done one of these before. If only there were some way to know.

https://twitter.com/search?q=herbertkrabel swimrun&t=jYUDVqZV8hCLzGdbonF1Bw&s=09

@Martin I have people who probably know about that park!! I'll be in the Arctic shitting in a bag in August, so something other than my reclusive nature will be too blame for not coming to watch.

#KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch