frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

March Challenge

kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Aaron Webstey so what have you got to challenge us for March? I need something new to miss the mark on...

Struang

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

@kjrunnin said:
    @Aaron Webstey so what have you got to challenge us for March? I need something new to miss the mark on...

I'll come up with something tonight! Any suggestions?

#KOAT
  • Options

Nothing related to going booze free. It's already too late for that. And also, why?

Something mileage related for the alliteration? Are everyone's pools open again?

• Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    edited March 5

@kjrunnin said:
    Nothing related to going booze free. It's already too late for that. And also, why?

Something mileage related for the alliteration? Are everyone's pools open again?

How about we average 1km a day in the pool?

I'm already 0 for 5.

kjrunninMattMartinAaron Webstey
  • Options

Works for me if people have pools available. I’m at 6K so far this month. Aiming for 40.

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

March challenge: just make it through the month. Let me know how it's going! I'm struggling to get out of a bad funk.

However, I did get in the pool yesterday so I'm on board for an "advanced version" challenge of 1k/day of swimming! I can can swim 2 or 3 times a week with my Tropical Depressions group :)

#KOAT
  • Options

PS - sorry so late.

#KOAT
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

I only have pool access 2x a week for an hour each. Usually average 2800-3000yds each session, depending on the set they put up. I'll be close but probably a couple k short.

Aaron WebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

My March challenge is just to get healthy. A week ago I did something to my back (no big event/trauma) and now I can barely walk and even sitting hurts. I needed my daughter's help to put on socks this morning.

Tad_MkjrunninAaron WebsteyM_WareMatt

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

@wchevron said:
    I'll be close but probably a couple k short.

Swim faster.

wchevronkjrunninAaron WebsteyMattStruang
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options

7 days later and I'm making some progress on getting over my back strain. Last week I broke down and went to the doctor and she prescribed me a bunch of drugs, including Valium, which was pretty sweet till it ran out. I start physio tomorrow. Things have improved but if I drop something on the floor it might as well be on the dark site of the moon. I can't sit or stand or lie flat, so I've been living my life reclined at about 60 degrees. Starting to look like the people from Wall-E.

kjrunninAaron Webstey

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

@James Lange said:
    7 days later and I'm making some progress on getting over my back strain. Last week I broke down and went to the doctor and she prescribed me a bunch of drugs, including Valium, which was pretty sweet till it ran out. I start physio tomorrow. Things have improved but if I drop something on the floor it might as well be on the dark site of the moon. I can't sit or stand or lie flat, so I've been living my life reclined at about 60 degrees. Starting to look like the people from Wall-E.

Oh man. Get well @James Lange Sworry and Ode are way more fun if you only exercise a little during the week. Trust me.

visit Michigan July 20th to 25th 2022 - The Sworry Trials and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Ugh. Running.

kjrunninAaron Webstey
  • Options
  • Options

I'm at 24,150m swam so far this month.

And check out the thing of beauty that is the pool schedule for next Saturday. Gotta love spring break!

Aaron Webstey

• Options

Think I should end up about 25,000 total. Even hiring @kjrunnin as my swim coach. Her coaching philosophy of just "swim faster" hasn't produced the dramatic increase in performance I was hoping for.

kjrunninAaron Webstey
  • Options

I can't take credit... that sage advice was from @Martin

I would have said "swim more" (although, that has never worked for me). More recently, I've started swimming at a pool where I'm younger than most of the regulars, so while I may not be faster than I was, I feel like I am because I'm passing people. It's a nice consolation prize.

• Options

17:10 for a 5k this morning.
    (3:19, 3:23, 3:31, 3:33, 3:24)

Windy, 1°C and 'light' wet snow made things interesting.
    Winner went 15:38

wchevronkjrunninJames LangeTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options

@Matt That's crazy fast dude. Well done.

It's been a tough month for me. Back strain on the 1st, missed a week of work, started physio and was almost fully recovered.... until last week when my physiotherapist partially detached my hamstring muscle from my knee. Now I can barely walk. FML.

wchevronMattAaron Webstey

• Options

OMG. What's the recovery from that like?

Sorry to hear you're having such a 2020 March.

Aaron Webstey

• Options

I'd be lucky to do 17:10 for a 3k> @James Lange said:

@Matt That's crazy fast dude. Well done.

It's been a tough month for me. Back strain on the 1st, missed a week of work, started physio and was almost fully recovered.... until last week when my physiotherapist partially detached my hamstring muscle from my knee. Now I can barely walk. FML.

That's called, job security.

James LangeMartinMattAaron Webstey
  • Options

@kjrunnin said:
    OMG. What's the recovery from that like?

Sorry to hear you're having such a 2020 March.

I'm not sure what the timeline for full recovery is as the doctor wasn't making any promises. Tonight I'll see what the physiotherapist thinks. At this point I'm not even thinking about running again, I'd be happy just to be pain free.

Aaron Webstey

• Options

Fell a little short of my 40K goal... ending March with 36,350m.

@James Lange what was your physio's reaction when he broke you? And what's the word on recovery since your last post?

Aaron Webstey

• Options
    RashRash Member

29,812 yds (I swim in a 25M pool and record it in meters, but TP converts it and I am too lazy to fix it). I was traveling for work the first week of March with no pool and had a vacation in there as well so not bad. I'd take that in a normal month actually after last year.

kjrunninAaron Webstey
  • Options
  • Options

My totals for March are officially zero as my last run (the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back) was a 10 miler on Feb 28.

My last 5 days have been pure hell with my pain getting worse and worse until it was almost unmanageable and I am essentially bed ridden. Today I saw my family doc though and she hooked me up with some strong drugs and she sent me for a spine x-ray as the likely culprit is a slipped disc (if so, my apologies to my physiotherapist who I threw under the bus). My goal now has shift from running Ode to Laz to being able sit in an airplane for the flight to Michigan.

kjrunninM_WarewchevronMattAaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch