frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Anyone racing?

wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
There have been a few local 5k in the past couple of weeks. Haven't done any. Was signed up for a 1/2 marathon last weekend then someone at work tested positive for Covid. Wife and I got tested and was negative on Friday so I was planning to race. Kids went after us, wanted to see if they had it. They got their result on Saturday. Both positive so didn't want to do the race in case I had a false negative. Tested again on Sunday and negative again. Not sure where the kids got it. Only with select friends and none of them have it unless someone is asymptomatic.

There is a 5k next weekend. May sign up if my younger daughter wants to do it. She's had zero symptoms all week.

Re-signed up for IM Vitoria Gasteiz next July in Spain and the local half near me I usually do in June just had signups for all the 2020 deferrals. Not sure if things will open up by next summer but I'm hoping.
Aaron WebsteyM_Ware

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I challenged a coworker to a tri-off next summer. Turns out he went to Olympic trials as a swimmer, has been riding his wife's peloton bike, and decided a couple months ago to start running and regularly averages under 40 mins per 10k on his "just a lunch run" runs. And he just had his second kid and is an air force major.

This is a no-win for me - even if I beat him it's going to be close enough that I will feel shame.
    KenElPescadoPeladoidking90
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @AaronWebstey , invite him to the Sworry Trials. I recommend you dress as Borat for the race though.
    Go get em tiger!
    M_WareCraig_DAaron WebsteyStruang
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I started mountain biking this summer so I have my eye on some endurance mountain bike races next summer, maybe even a 24hr race. Of course I'd love to hit up sworry trials as well, but it sure feels like a lot would have to go right for those stars to align at this point.
    Tad_MCraig_DAaron Webstey

• Options
    Let's hope so @James Lange , the Sunday gravel race is an up to 11 hour sufferfest. In addition to the not so MTB gravel roads, we have some awesome mountain bike trails that are part of the same park but separated by the interstate highway. So they are about a 10 minute drive from the Sworry Trials HQ
    M_WareJames LangeAaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I've been doing a lot of zwift racing. 1-2 races a week, and TTT every thursday. My FTP has gone up 40+ watts. I've been doing Zwift Racing League most recently. I haven't run since March. I rolled my ankle in July when I started learning to skateboard. And then from over skateboarding, I pulled my iliopsoas muscle (look it up) so running across the street feels like I'm going to die. That's all. :-)
    M_WareJames LangeCraig_DAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options
    Oh man @toebutt769 , I don't even want to search that... Get well soon. Remember, we can invent any type of race just for you. Hope you can visit my neck of the woods.

M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Ran a 5k yesterday with my daughter. She always hated running. Then during covid, needed some way to get rid of restless energy, started running and has steady progressed up to 3 miles. Kept a steady pace for the first 2.5 miles then she had enough left in the tank to pick it up the last 1/2 mile and pick off a half dozen people before the finish.
    Tad_MM_WareKHilgendorfkjrunninCraig_DAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Tweaked something in my back a few months ago and still haven't fully recovered. It went back and forth getting better and worse, then a swim one day completely f'd it up. Some kind of irritated nerve sheath with possible slight irritation of a disc (hoping to get time to see my NP soon to make sure). I've been walking - WALKING - for exercise, and trying to do modified versions of the workout videos my wife and I had really been enjoying doing together. Can't run, can't swim, and haven't had time to squeeze in any riding due to new job keeping me too busy (plus, laziness).

Very much hoping to get recovered soon so I can start fat-guy-running again. Been trying to sleep and eat a bit better, and cut the booze, to drop a few lbs and help the whole process. It is not going great :)
    M_WareTad_MCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @AaronWebstey Yoga... check out Yoga with Adriene. She'll be your new best friend.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    kjrunnin said:

@AaronWebstey Yoga... check out Yoga with Adriene. She'll be your new best friend.

Will do!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I gotta get back on Zwift ASAP. Really missing the bike and even though it's just a bunch of avatars, the social aspect.
    Craig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I heard a rumor I am getting Zwift for Christmas. By that I mean I saw the purchase when I was paying an outrageous credit card bill. Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.
    Aaron WebsteyM_Warekjrunnin
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited December 2020
    I guess I didn't consider that perhaps my wife bought it for her boyfriend (eta or girlfriend). Guess we'll find out 12/25.
    wchevronTad_MAaron WebsteyM_WarekjrunninMartinCraig_DMattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch