frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

"Tainted beef" still a defense in triathlon

Comments

• Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    For anybody wondering, here's the British men's elite team from Cozumel:

So there's a 50% chance it's a 2-time medalist. Yea, I don't see any conflict of interest on the part of the ITU.
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited December 2016
    Tainted beef, you say?

MamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    @kjrunnin be sure you test A & B samples of the buffet food down there before you eat.
    MamaCheetahTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    @Matt so I'm now supposed to believe that the domestiques are popping positive but the main players are clean?
    MamaCheetahRobert Rankin
  • Options
  • Options
    so were they the only team eating beef in Coz?
    MamaCheetah

village idiot

• Options
    edited December 2016
    No idea... but I have a feeling the athlete used Clen knowing this defense was possible.
    MamaCheetahTad_M
  • Options
    @Matt i totally agree with that.
    MattMamaCheetah

village idiot

• Options
    @espej09 we all know what you've been eating, we've seen your Twitter feed.
    espej09ItsShugMamaCheetahTad_M
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado its pork sausage! no beef needed!
    KenElPescadoPeladojakesaundersMamaCheetahTad_M

village idiot

• Options
    If Clen is a masking agent, then wouldn't you have needed to have known Brit Tri was going to not warn you about tainted beef sufficiently in advance to dope and then been able to use clen to mask? Seems...complicated.

Also, we know it's not JB or AB because you know those two do everything together. If one tested positive and not the other I doubt the ITU would have given "tainted beef" a "plausible and reasonable" excuse tag. That being said, my on the ground observation is that while teams may have been housed at one resort in Cozumel, there were many elites out and about on non-team events at various points in time. I don't think all of Team GB ate every meal together.

That being said, this is why the stupid secrecy rule fails to protect anyone. Now instead of one dumb GB athlete getting tarnished, 3 totally innocent athletes and 1 dummy are tainted. Sunlight is the best anti-septic.
    KenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77James LangeAaron WebsteyRobert Rankin
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I've never had beef taint before. I guess you could smoke it and it probably turn out alright.
    jakesaundersKenElPescadoPeladoMatttoebutt769balsdorfAaron WebsteyCraig_DMamaCheetahRobert Rankinmbrekk44lakercrTad_MDawnCEvan
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
  • Options
    Well it's not just a masking agent. It can also be used to aid weight loss without corresponding muscle loss.

The tainted beef excuse is plausible to explain low levels. However it is also entirely plausible that the low level is a trace amount from use as a weight loss agent earlier in the season.
    MamaCheetah
    Beer-fueled triathlete
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@kjrunnin be sure you test A & B samples of the buffet food down there before you eat.

Vegan FTW!
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahellsworth53t

• Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    See. Chicken tacos never hurt anyone.
    ellsworth53tKenElPescadoPeladoidking90mbrekk44Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    Wait. So does this mean triathlon isn't clean ? I thought the women's Kona race this year proved that it was !! Shit. I so confuse !!!
    Jennifer Postwchevronellsworth53tMattKenElPescadoPeladoidking90Aaron WebsteyTad_MEvanJames Langeyournotuniquerangamel
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I tried to have sex with Wife last night, she said she didn't feel like it after eating some tainted beef....she's vegetarian :(
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninAaron WebsteywchevronTad_MEvanMamaCheetahyournotuniqueCraig_D
  • Options
    I wonder if "British Team" extends to all the age groupers racing in Cozumel for the AG WC?
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited December 2016

@espej09 we all know what you've been eating, we've seen your Twitter feed.

@KenElPescadoPelado , I just ran an online simulator. The only way you and I can get as fast as @espej09 is by NOT eating tainted beef, or any other food product for 8.61 months, (his other habits are OK for us)
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoespej09
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I am not making ANY backhanded insinuation - please do not freak out and think that. I want to believe that our superstars are clean.
    Simply a thought question to the gang here:
    IF circumstances required revelation of the name, and it was one of the stars, and you were a 3rd or 4th ranked teammate of the superstars - how much money would you require to "become" the sacrificial lamb. (this presupposes that the organizations would buy into this trickery of course, for the good of the sport overall...LOL) @ItsShug , feel free to make this a poll question.

In this exact case, Mr. Bowden and Bishop likely make peanuts compared to the Brownlees. If I was them, I'd ask for 100k at least to "ruin my name" knowing there was no ban in play, unless as a Bowden or Bishop, I thought I had potential to be a top 5 in the world guy in the next couple years. Then I'd ask for 250k. Maybe a bigger question is "would this ever happen? would the stars pay this? would the BTF assist in paying this?

The article explains why no "naming" will occur as follow:
    This is the usual procedure for the ITU. As long as a case is not appealed, the name of the accused athlete is protected. Publication is mandatory only when there is a sanction. The objective is to protect the athlete so that he will not suffer any harm if he is found innocent.
    ItsShugellsworth53tJennifer Post
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    All those operations are layered like an onion just for that reason. Protect the heroes of sport at all cost. Always keep some one worth sacrificing at any moment.

My question is how do you get people to be compliant in those situations.
    You either have to have
    1. Leverage on the athlete to keep their mouth shut
    OR
    2. Complete ignorance of the sacrificial athlete that the others are also involved.

I'm more inclined to believe the second. They need a fail guy incase they get busted with the drugs they can pin it on them and not their super star.
    Tad_MKenElPescadoPeladoellsworth53tAaron Webstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    ItsShug said:

I've never had beef taint before. I guess you could smoke it and it probably turn out alright.

Just a beefy taint?
    MamaCheetah

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    The tainted beef excuse is merely that.. an excuse.. these athletes know exactly what they are putting into their body.. if
    Anyone thinks otherwise, they are kiddIng themselves.. they know that it is adefense that allowed Contador to get a 2 year ban instead of the normal 4 year ban.. call me a skeptic and a conspiracy theorist, but I think the WTC is controlling what testing is done and what is reported.. it is their best interest to protect their brand.. they will sweep whatever they need to under the preverbial rug.
    MamaCheetahItsShugwchevronmbrekk44Aaron WebsteyBrent_RTad_M
  • Options
    @Illinimike is my hubs. Until everyone dislikes his comment. Then I disown him !! :). Kidding. He is the bomb diggety.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    @Illinimike back then it was only a 2 year ban. UCI said Contador's excuse was no good.
    Also, WTC doesn't have anything to do with it in this particular instance. There have been rumors in the past of the same ilk, of cover ups as has been insinuated in this case, but this is all WADA/ITU/British Triathlon/Mexico ADA.
    Granpa Chook
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Excuse my ignorance, but what the fuck is british triathlon doing sticking their nose into any of this? I understand athletes race as a representative of their federation but similar to the entire Lizzie Armitstead/British Cycling debacle, shouldn't British Triathlon just fuck off and let this be between the athlete,WADA and the WTS? I mean, what if the ban is upheld and the athlete is suspended, British Triathlon basically is supporting a cheat.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch