frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Tokyo Triathlon Fantasy

James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
edited July 2021 in Main

Just stumbled across the PTO's fantasy game for Tokyo: https://protriathletes.org/fantasy.I created a Rooster Endurance group for us with the code OEP5Z5OS.

Winner is the all-time champion of everything of the universe for ever.

Aaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited July 2021

I'm in. Tyler FTW.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

Gomez and Zaferes. Long shots but why the hell not.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete

@wchevron I want Katie to win as an actual favorite, but she was too expensive as a long shot. Meanwhile, Javier was a bargain
    I would be extremely surprised if Hayes ended up on the podium, but she’s got a great run if it all comes together and could get some good placing at least, and she was also very cheap

This is a nice throwback to the heyday of TRS/TriRoost fantasy when my chip fell off on the dive start at NYC Tri and I couldn’t earn anybody any points for a fast T2.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

I'm in!! As a sworry for missing a July challenge, winner gets $25usd in Bitcoin. About .00073 BTC

Struang
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Make that .00071 BTC

Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options

Sworry .00082 BTC

Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete

Thank you for the live updates @AaronWebstey as if the 457 unread notifications on Coinbase aren’t enough.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options

@idking90 I'm a bi* guy myself

*Binance

#KOAT
  • Options

Sure.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Forgot to post my picks!

#KOAT
  • Options

So I'm watching an overhead shot of a cyclist through the wooded park area with the brick pavers, and from the camera angle, the cyclist disappeared during a survey section. Almost like they had a massive off course crash. It was super odd to see. The best thing, the commentators didn't say one word (they're probably looking at other feeds) but it made it all that much better.
    Poof, so and so disappears into the time portal obstacle.... that's a bold strategy Cotton...

M_Ware
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options

Look I was a decent athlete ok? I can't be great at everything

idking90kjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options

I guess if I’d had a last pick that even started I’d be in first. 🤦‍♂️

James LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options

What the hell is wrong with these commentators? Don’t they know that these people have raced before? You can literally look up how fats they run 10k. Honestly, they don’t get notes or what?!

MartinM_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options

@Brent_R said:
    What the hell is wrong with these commentators? Don’t they know that these people have raced before? You can literally look up how fats they run 10k. Honestly, they don’t get notes or what?!

Skateboarding was so much worse.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options

They really didn't seem to know Duffy very well. During the bike they kept saying that Learmonth and Taylor-Brown could break away whenever they wanted, and they they were saying that the second group being over a minute behind wasn't a big deal. When they saw a Brit at the front of the swim they also assumed it was Holland, I imagine because she's a defending medalist and one of the people they researched ahead of time.

Great race though. I was really happy to see Duffy win.

Aaron Webstey

• Options

I was also super happy to see Duffy win. Her and Blummenfelt are just two super likeable characters so I thought it was just a great pair of winners.

They just kept talking about how dangerous Spirig was when the gap on the break didn’t close on a single lap and I doubt she’s run a 10k 1 minute faster than Duffy in a race in the last 8 years. And they kept talking about Learmonth who, all credit to her getting a great result in the Olympics, falls off the lead group in the run in almost every race.

Honestly, they went into lap 5 I said to my wife “Duffy’s probably going to win this on the run and it’ll just be a question if Taylor-Brown or Zaferes can have a big run to push her and hang in the medals. The commentators were talking about Spirig running them down. 🙄

James LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options

Close finish! Good job W. Chevron

James LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

That was close. Total luck on my part, just went with names I had heard of before.

James LangeAaron Webstey
  • Options

That really was an amazing race. I thought Taylor-Brown might chase down Duffy because her running stride is so nice, but the split just kept getting bigger. I have to eat a little crow on Zeferes as well. I thought Spivey got robbed when they selected Katie over her, but in the end she showed she deserved the spot.

It's crazy to me how many flats there were in that race. The pavement looked pristine and the "cobblestone" section looked fine too. Joana Brown posted on facebook and said that her front tire was flat when she got to it in T1. Eventually she swapped for a new wheel at the wheel station but it was overinflated, then her rear tire went flat. Of course Taylor-Brown had her flat as well and on the coverage they showed another athlete going to the wheel station.

Does anyone think the Brits can be beaten in the relay? I think they have gold all but locked up, especially with the French looking unspectacular in the individual races.

M_WareAaron Webstey

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Tommy Zaferes’ photo of Flora cheering Katie in should win an award for capturing a beautiful moment in sports.

MartinAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

@M_Ware said:
    @Tommy Zaferes’ photo of Flora cheering Katie in should win an award for capturing a beautiful moment in sports.

Where is this photo @M_Ware ?

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Tad_M — check Instagram, Tommy’s account:

StruangTad_MAaron WebsteyJames Langekjrunnin
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

Thanks @M_Ware !!!

• Options

Wow, what a comeback in the fantasy league for me! I guess I do know something about women after all, contrary to literally every woman I've dated/married

kjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options

Huh. I thought this relay thing would be more interesting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch