frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Lionel v Frodo

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Is today some kind of April Fools Day in Germany or something?

M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_D

Comments

• Options

Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Martin said:
    Is today some kind of April Fools Day in Germany or something?

I had the same thought @Martin :)

Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

This could be cool? Maybe?

Aaron Webstey

• Options

Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options

https://www.triathlete.com/events/lionel-v-jan-dont-say-world-record-attempt/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=triathlete+magazine&utm_campaign=15aa601c-208c-49e0-8a10-74b72854bd0b

I have to say I'm getting pretty interested in this. Lionel will likely be 3-5 minutes down in the swim, but he will slowly reel Jan in on the bike. I can see that being pretty exciting to watch, especially if there is good data in the coverage 9maybe even real-time power data?). Can Lionel out-run Jan? not a chance, but if he was up 5 minutes off the bike I wouldn't bet against him.

After reading the article the thing that gets me most excited about this is that they seem intent on trying new things for the coverage. I'm sure there will be some hits and some misses, but long-distance triathlon has so much room for improvement when it comes to covering the races that I'm excited to see some fresh ideas.

M_WareAaron Webstey

• Options
    RashRash Member

I don't think he can drop Jan on the bike once/if he bridges up. If he does, then he won't hold it on the run. Somehow Jan's bike is severely underrated.

I couldn't understand why Jan would bother with this, then I see the backers and realized Zwift is probably dumping a bunch of VC money into Jan's bank account which was intended for platform upgrades and hiring customer service reps. At least it gives us something to watch before Kona.

MartinAaron Webstey
  • Options

Today my world came crashing down as Lionel admitted that the seeminlgy spontaneous and organic genesis of the Jan vs Lionel race was a SHAM! I don't know what to believe anymore....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5z8AJq5QsCA&t=122s

Aaron Webstey

• Options

Obi-Wan Frodeno:

Aaron Webstey
  • Options

Anyone else notice that Lionel now says Yon, vs. Marsha’s sister Jan?

Aaron WebsteyMartinwchevronGasBomb
    Keeper of the Cowbell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch