frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy Cycling 2020

2»

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Martin he may be marked this year, but I also chose Roglic to win yesterday (and correctly picked Ala). So I have a few aces up my sleeve. Though I forgot to change captains for the sprint today, so I'm definitely the architect of my downfall.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I've been choosing that Kazakh assassin for my fantasy team for two or three years now. It finally paid off.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    As I fall down the rankings each day, I can smell a battle for last place coming up.
    M_WareMartin
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @wchevron don’t you dare steal my thunder!
    Jennifer Postwchevron
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm on vacation and forgot to pick. Shit
    Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options

Don't worry. I came in last or next to last in 2019 and some forum owner lets me write a discussion thread about the Tour year after year.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Martin said:

Don't worry. I came in last or next to last in 2019 and some forum owner lets me write a discussion thread about the Tour year after year.
    That's the best part of the tour!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    OK, it's the first rest day. Remember that your can swap a rider or two using your credits.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Martin said:

OK, it's the first rest day. Remember that your can swap a rider or two using your credits.

I'm resting
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    At least there's a video of why my road captain for today abandoned. Poor guy.
  • Options

At least there's a video of why my road captain for today abandoned. Poor guy.

Yeah. Ouch. There should be some kind of bonus for when that happens.

Remember you can swap him out.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    My first thought was wondering if Jungels had a tri background. Second thought was it was good timing for rest day swap.
    Tad_MMartin
  • Options

My first thought was wondering if Jungels had a tri background. Second thought was it was good timing for rest day swap.

If he rode for AG2R they would have duct taped him back onto his bike and had him ride between two teammates for the rest of the stage.

The bummer for EF is that losing him probably cost them the teams competition. They dropped 8 slots today.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    All, you can swap riders at any point. No need to wait for a rest day. Not sure I should be saying this, but perhaps it’s coming from my current position of power after dropping alaphilippe in favor of Pogačar a few days back.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    I'll stick with who I have. I'm still waiting for TJ Van Garderen's break through performance to rocket me into 8th place.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    wchevron said:

I'll stick with who I have. I'm still waiting for TJ Van Garderen's break through performance to rocket me into 8th place.

You might enjoy this Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TejayInYellow/

• Options
    So, mad props to @KHilgendorf who did what Ineos could not: Repeat as Fantasy TDF champion. That lycra fetish comes in handy at least once a year.

Special mention to @Jennifer Post who by my informal count has managed to lose most of her riders to injury in both years.

If you had Michael Schar on your team, let me know. He was the Dark Mark this year, so at least the CCC team goes home with something.

I had to stack my stage 21 team with sprinters and Pogacar to move up to fifth. Team Pie and Webstey's Wangs
  • Options
    I only lost one rider this tour (S. Higurita Garcia). Last year was brutal with team losses. I was surprised to see I finished 3rd (zoom-zoom) but I owe it to @KHilgendorf who mentioned trading for Pogacar so I followed his example. Even doubled-down and made him my road captain for the time trial. Go dirty or go home I decided.

I have several favorite memories of watching the US broadcast but I think my all-time favorite was confessed doper Christian Vande Velde going off on how he was so ANGRY and tired of the WITCH HUNTS in cycling when he was discussing the inspectionof Roglic's bike. SMH.
  • Options
    I would like to thank the lackluster performaces of TJ Van Garderen and Alejandro Valverde for my last place victory. It was neck and neck with @M_Ware until the final day, but ultimately I pulled off the win.
    Tad_MJennifer PostM_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Congrats @KHilgendorf !! I believe I have your contact info from previous victories. I'll be in touch soon with a prize.
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch