frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Wanted: Nintendo Switch

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Sold out everywhere. No stock predicted till June. Wanted to surprise the kids for their bday June 24. Anyone?
#KOAT
abussey1KenElPescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited April 2020
    eBay? Craigslist? Slowtwitch?
    Mind you they’re heavily marked up on eBay, and likely elsewhere. I have a NES, N64 and Sega Genesis all gathering dust.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMatt
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

eBay? Craigslist? Slowtwitch?
    Mind you they’re heavily marked up on eBay, and likely elsewhere. I have a NES, N64 and Sega Genesis all gathering dust.

We have Kijiji instead of Craigslist and it's got nothing. Been scanning all the second hand sites, nothing. Birthday ruined, great job Dad.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    It’ll build character for them. Can’t get everything we want in life, right? Plus, you can use it as a teaching point. At least your kids aren’t in jeopardy of losing their home, they know when their next meal will be, and they’re family members aren’t unconscious, sharing a ventilator to hope to stay alive.

Play the parental guilt card. It’s all we have once they get to a certain age.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey I’ll do some poking around tomorrow and see if I can get one and ship it to you. The money you save in tax will be chewed up by shipping. I’ll email you tomorrow with pricing.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
    Canadian Division
  • Options

It’ll build character for them. Can’t get everything we want in life, right? Plus, you can use it as a teaching point. At least your kids aren’t in jeopardy of losing their home, they know when their next meal will be, and they’re family members aren’t unconscious, sharing a ventilator to hope to stay alive.

Play the parental guilt card. It’s all we have once they get to a certain age.

You are right, perspective is important here. I've got it pretty good and in hindsight, this whole post is kind of insensitive on my part.

They actually have no idea I'm even looking for a Switch, and definitely are not expecting anything. They've just been doing such a great job at being home, doing their schoolwork, not complaining, etc ... and they absolutely love the Mario-related games.

Thanks to you though, and to @Craig_D for looking and engaging!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    abussey1abussey1 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Let me know when you get one so I can friend you finally
    Aaron WebsteywchevronMartinMattCraig_D

An unprofessional triathlete

• Options
    edited April 2020

They actually have no idea I'm even looking for a Switch, and definitely are not expecting anything.

Even better. Once the switch is back on the shelves, you can pick one up and give it to them as a, “you were great at not being assholes for the past 3 months in quarantine” gift. My kids are definitely not getting one. Nor am I.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    So they started popping back up in stores around here for a little bit last week. Nothing to order online but in the physical store. I'll look the next time I go.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyCraig_D
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    FYI I found one on Best Buy last week, and I think it might actually have shipped. When I bought it the photos still weren't even up on the product page, and it showed out of stock like an hour later. Thank you to everyone for looking :)
    Brew_TriCraig_DMatt
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Nice. Make sure you share with your kids.
    Aaron WebsteyMatt
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch