frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Merry Xmas from Amazon

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
edited November 2019 in Main
Effective immediately, TriRoost has been deleted from the Amazon Affiliates program, for reasons that are unclear, without further explanation other than what you see below. #EAD , Amazon Affiliates.

Users: do not use the TriRoost affiliate link. "Related Products" links have been removed. Remaining banner ads are Google Adwords and are OK to click.

To paraphrase Céline, our site will go on. There are still ways to pay the bills. But I know everyone liked using the TriRoost Amazon links, especially over the holidays, and I will miss the outpouring of support that has been shown as you have made me a part of your seasonal consumerism over the years.

Obviously, nobody is going to stop using Amazon. I know I'm not. My suggestion would be to use DC Rainmaker's links (I'm not going to link to his site lest he be sullied by my bad name). He's helped us all at some point.

Thanks to our current Patreon patrons ( https://www.patreon.com/TriRoost ), Patreon earnings from the past year and a half or so paid for our 2019/2020 hosting! And if you really want to channel your retail therapy into TriRoost support, feel free to use the following links:

Wiggle US

Wiggle UK

ProBikeKit US/CAN

CRC UK

#KOAT
idking90KenElPescadoPeladogregk

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Amazon Help to the rescue! Oh but not really.

To add insult to injury, they're still sending me Affiliates spam. lol
    wchevrongregk
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    IANAL, but is it just me or does paragraph 3 read "someone you may or may not know bought something that may or may not have been for themselves for some reason".
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Martin said:

IANAL

New favourite acronym!
    Aaron Webstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Martin said:

IANAL

New favourite acronym!
    I knew this was probably the last place I should use that abbreviation.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Martin said:

IANAL, but is it just me or does paragraph 3 read "someone you may or may not know bought something that may or may not have been for themselves for some reason".

Exactly.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Martin said:

It's probably the, "or have been made by your friends" part.

I say we run a campaign to let Amazon know that this is impossible, since Webstey does not actually have any friends.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinMattTad_MCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninmaggieru
  • Options

Martin said:

It's probably the, "or have been made by your friends" part.

I say we run a campaign to let Amazon know that this is impossible, since Webstey does not actually have any friends.
    wchevronMartinTad_MCraig_DBrew_TriKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I wonder if they plan to send reminders every week from now on

#KOAT
  • Options
    I hate to bring out the big guns but I had to let the numbers do the talking at last

StruangCraig_DMartinTad_MkjrunninJames Lange
    #KOAT
  • Options
    AMAZUN IS PIECE OF SHIT.

ARUN WESTIE IS A GOOD MAN. DONT FUCK WITH HIM OR I PUT YOU IN CAMEL CLUTCH.

GOD BLESS
    Aaron WebsteyMattMartinCraig_DTad_Midking90
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    LAWYER FORGOT TO TELL THEM HE WILL FUCK THEM TO MAKE THEM HUMBLE.
    LAWYER IS NO JABRONI.

I LOVE YOU BUBBA.
    Aaron WebsteyMattCraig_D
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Warmest regards though.
    Craig_DAaron Websteyabussey1

• Options
    @AaronWebstey ... that's some serious bullsh!t.

I still have my Amazon account for my podcast / Youtube videos. I made a whopping $192 for the entirety of 2019. I need to double check the math, but that's *maybe* enough to pay for my website hosting?
    Wait - just checked, and my hosting costs $218 per year. I'm in the red!
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    @gregk post the link! Just make sure you don't have any family, friends, coworkers, Twitter followers, or Grindr hookups out there who might use it to buy some fucking $4 coffee pods or whatever
    gregk
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Man I wish I could understand all this cause I'm so lost as to the cause of Amazon's actions. I mean it cant be legit unless there was a sex crime, political incorrectness, racism, attacking the wrong competitor, mental instability, or simply incompetence.

Time to fess up @AaronWebstey

(While I too have zero tolerance for these behaviours, Mr. Webstey, I will stick by your side forever - it's a true sickness yet to be classified and named)
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options

@gregk post the link! Just make sure you don't have any family, friends, coworkers, Twitter followers, or Grindr hookups out there who might use it to buy some fucking $4 coffee pods or whatever

@AaronWebstey

Here's my sweet, sweet link:
    https://amzn.to/2S9mBto

I did a bunch of research when I started my account with them, and it really just looks like they use it 100% to their advantage and give themselves every opportunity to not pay you the commission (i.e. if they think the person ordering knows you), or just kick you out of the program. I don't get paid the commission on pretty much any purchase from Florida, which is at least 80% of my potential revenue.

But yes, @Tad_M I'm pretty sure that @AaronWebstey is up to no good, and the Amazon overlords found out about his questionable past.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
    The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Don't feel too badly, they treat employees the same way. I got this message today after missing a few days due to a car accident where I t-boned someone at 30:

Hi,

Thank you for letting us know why you have been absent. Regarding your attendance, you have missed 3+ shifts at work and unfortunately you have exhausted all of your time off options since you have 13+ points/negative UPT as of today.

Attendance is very important to the success of our business.  Due to your significant absence, we will need to process a separation of employment. However, you will be eligible for rehire after 365 days. You are welcome to reapply in the future, if you wish. I do wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and please feel free to reach out to the ERC at 888-892-7180 for post-employment questions.

Regards,

-----------------------------------------

CY

HRC@amazon.com

ERC Phone: (888) 892-7180

As I had previously noted in a message to HR through A to Z, I was in a no fault auto accident on Tuesday, 1/7. After working a shift that evening, I found I was unable to adequately complete the tasks required of the role, and both spoke with a supervisor and submitted a leave of absence on A to Z noting this. I requested a call from HR to discuss the situation, and was also assured by the supervisor I spoke with that we would be able to work around the attendance policy in this instance. Please give me a call to discuss this situation.

-Kyle Hilgendorf

773-532-9541

-------- Original message --------

Date: 1/12/20 08:53 (GMT-06:00)

To: kyle.hilgendorf@gmail.com

Subject: Amazon Logistics - Immediate Attention Required [FH]

Hello Amazonian,

We hope all is well and we wanted to take a moment to remind you of the AMZL Attendance Policy. Your engagement is critical in order for Amazon to be Earth’s most customer-centric company! According to our timecard records, you have not reported to your last three consecutive shifts and you are currently in violation of the attendance policy. At this time, you have a negative UPT balance or have exceeded the attendance point threshold.

In accordance with the attendance policy, your separation of employment will be processed on Tuesday January 14th 2020 at 12:30PM EST. You will be eligible for rehire 365 days after your date of separation.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please respond directly to this email by clicking “reply” with details by Tuesday January 14th 2020 at 12:30PM EST, or you will be terminated for attendance. Please note, you are able to confirm your punches and status at http://atoz.amazon.work.

Regards,
    HR Centralization

Aaron WebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf are you fucking kidding me right now
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I am not. Rickey Gervais was not wrong, these are some shitty companies when it comes to corporate responsibility.
  • Options
    This sounds like an Orwellian AI robot
    "In accordance with the attendance policy, your separation of employment will be processed on Tuesday January 14th 2020 at 12:30PM EST. You will be eligible for rehire 365 days after your date of separation."
    #KOAT
  • Options
    At least they pay their taxes!

https://publicintegrity.org/inequality-poverty-opportunity/taxes/trumps-tax-cuts/you-paid-taxes-these-corporations-didnt/

Great to see my company also made the list after 3 years of lay offs and executive raises.
  • Options
    Yay accounting and corporate tax law. After years of amazon banking tax credits from massive losses (due not to lack of sales but outsized expenditures to fuel growth) they are now finally putting that to good use.
    The business part of me thinks, "fucking genius!" The human side of me thinks, "fucking tax law!"
    Rash

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch