frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Minimal Multisport Podcast - Episode 20 with... BRAD CULP

gregkgregk Member

Well golly gee willikers, it's a new episode of the Minimal Multisport Podcast! Featuring none other than the best/worst/last-remaining journalist in triathlon, @bbculp ! We call out Ben Hobbs, Dark Mark, and even the one-and-only Aaron Webstey. Could it get more action packed than that?!

Yes - it can! The other reason I wanted to talk to Brad was to discuss some of the backstory behind the tragic and complicated cheating scandal with Frank Meza and Marathon Investigation. He's done more investigation into doping and cheating than I have, and I thought this would make for an interesting conversation.

It's available through my website, iTunes, and other major podcast providers (I just checked and it's in the mobile Apple Podcast app, but sometimes it takes a bit of time for the desktop / web version to populate).
The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
MY PATREON!
bbculpMattGasBombJennifer PostJames LangeAaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Before @Mark_after_Dark makes fun of me: Yes, I'm wearing a Wattie Ink kit, but what could be more American than wearing an obnoxious American flag design in Bahrain?
    gregkTad_MMartinGasBombJennifer PostJames Lange
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    You look hot.

Wonderful pose too. Makes me want to hang out with you.
    gregkbbculp
  • Options
    Greg has hung out with me in Reno and Tuscaloosa, two of America's finest vacation destinations. He can verify how disappointing it is to spend time with me.
    PevashishDaulgregk
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @bbculp at least its not a Team in Training kit
    bbculpJennifer Post
  • Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but that picture was taken by the wonderful Michael Rauschendorfer, who recently passed away way too young from skin cancer. We all spend a lot of time in the sun... get your fucking skin checked every year, and cover up as much as you can while training. Your neighbors don't want to see your abs, and they don't think you look awesome. They're actually making fun of you right now.

On a lighter note, seconds after that picture was taken, I ran into Angela Naeth, who wondered what ridiculous energy drink I was holding. I told her I couldn't find a Red Bull in Bahrain to save my life. She reached in her bag and handed me two. So she's awesome.
    gregkM_WareJennifer PostCraig_DJames LangeSdogAaron Webstey
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    I've said it once, I'll say it again - @bbculp = the Wilbon of triathlon!
    bbculp said:

On a lighter note, seconds after that picture was taken, I ran into Angela Naeth, who wondered what ridiculous energy drink I was holding. I told her I couldn't find a Red Bull in Bahrain to save my life. She reached in her bag and handed me two. So she's awesome.

PevashishDaul
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    I reference far more pro triathletes than Brad does.. just ask Skid, Monty, The Grip, The Man, Slowman, Pauili Kiuru, Cristian Bustos, Sal Governale, jonnyo, Eric The Actor, Bjorn, or Wolfgang Dittrich. They'll tell you.
    gregkMark_after_DarkCraig_DJames Lange
  • Options
    Slowman was never pro.

I don't know who the rest of those guys are, aside from The Grip. I went on a shamanic retreat with him once, not to brag. Shit got weird, but some of that was the edibles I brought.

Oh, and I had dinner with Bjorn once too. Steve Hed paid. Sorry to be a debbie downer again.
    gregkPevashishDaul
  • Options
    Also @Rash if you compare me to Wilbon again, I'll stab you. We have nothing in common aside from being overweight, bald, partially-black jock-sniffers from Chicago.
    gregkRashMattCraig_D
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @bbculp I have stories too. Oh man they could fill a pamphlet.
    PevashishDaul
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited August 2019
    @bbculp While I know how you folks in/from Chicago like to get violent (or fake violent acts at least), I feel pretty safe as my stabbing would require a voluntarily trip to NE. I am well protected by a few hundred miles of boredom buffer!
    M_WareMattCraig_Dbbculp
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    "TriRoost--it's like a really small and really Canadian Slowtwitch that doesn't take itself seriously at all."

Nailed it!
    M_WareBrew_TriCraig_DbbculpJames LangeAaron WebsteygregkMartinwchevron
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I've had my head so far up my ass I still haven't even heard this yet. Here's to many more episodes sponsored by the roost!!
    gregkbbculpMartinJames LangeCraig_DTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Finally listened to about 90% of if tonight and will finish in the morning. Man it's fun listening to you guys.
    M_Waregregkbbculp
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Oh and the ad read at the start is amazing.
    gregk
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Not to mention the unsolicited ad at the end! Aww you guys
    gregkbbculp
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Hey @bbculp ,
    Do new journalism classes teach progressive headline writing? Deadspin needs to cover more triathlon. Pull out some of your best stuff.

MattgregkCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    There should be a triathlon Deadspin that just posts headlines but no actual articles. Who needs authors!!??
    James LangegregkPevashishDaulCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Howdy ya'lls.... if you're one of my patrons via Patreon you already got the message, but I'm shutting down the podcast for the foreseeable future. I just don't have the time to do it (or at least do it justice). It was a fun project (about 300 hours worth), and I want to thank everyone for listening.

I'm planning to do a final solo episode recapping the show, what I learned, and my favorite moments. I'll also include some tips if you're interested in starting your own show, to avoid some of my mistakes and save you about a 40-hour week's worth of work getting it set up.

If you have any final requests, shout-out requests, questions, etc - let me know here and I'll include them in the episode. Want me to say hi to your sweet ol' Granny? Give my bold predictions for Kona 2049? Pontificate on the meaning of life through the lens of Ben Hobbs' twitter colliding with Brad Culp's toilet humor and mom jokes? I don't even know what that means, but I'll try my best for you.

@bbculp @AaronWebstey @Tad_M
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareTad_MCraig_D
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    I just wish you could have had @Devon Palmer on as a guest.

My only request is to sponsor the episode again. Have your staff invoice my admin coordinator and I'll have finance cut you a cashier's cheque.
    gregkM_WareTad_MwchevronCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I don't think my show is good enough to get a guest like Devon. I mean, I got Mark Allen, but he's *Devon Palmer*. Not even in the same zip code.

On the sponsorship, I'll have my people call their people, who will ask our administrative team contact the finance team, to create the proper invoice to send to your people's people. And that's really what's at the heart of the issue - my bloated staff, while diligent workers, just couldn't handle the incoming volume of fan mail, requests, and demands for future episodes. While I pay them a healthy percentage of revenues - often leaving nothing for myself - they went on strike. Sometimes you're just too famous for your own good. I couldn't manage the whole house of cards, and it came crashing down upon my minimalist self.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareTad_MwchevronCraig_D
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @gregk , I really enjoyed it while it lasted. Great job.
    Bring your gear to Michigan in July for the Sworry and Ode to Laz and you can see what happens.
    Screw @AaronWebstey and his unbelievable red tape system, I'll just send you a paypal direct.
    Best wishes,
    Tad
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DM_WaregregkJames Lange
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch