frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy Tour de France 2019 - win a Roost t-shirt!

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    EF attacked then backed off. Then Ineos and QSD went hard, and the wind seemed to be more favourable to chaos at that exact second. Then the radios came alive about who was out the back and the hammers dropped. It looked painful today, even in the front group. The yo-yoing of the second group hurt to watch. That was a group that at one point was probably ten of the top 40 cyclists in the world on the rivet, watching a group ride away from them.
    Jennifer PostAaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Thanks for the recap. I didn’t think my call was that long so was really surprised to see the outcome of what I had missed. Crazy. I am going to try to record a rebroadcast later so I can see how it unfolded.
  • Options
    I have @AaronWebstey as my team leader for the rest day.
    MattJennifer PostCraig_DAaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    Lance on his podcast today: "I really believe Porte can win... The Ironman."
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Race of truth FRIDAY (edit). It's not a 55km epic like the Lance-Ullrich battles of old, but we should see good performances from the likes of Adam Yates, Thomas, Fuglsgang and Bernal among the GC guys.

TT favourites:
    - Tony Martin is a normal choice but he has been worked raw the last few days;
    - Chad Haga won a TT at the Giro this year after hiding in the peloton and autobus for several days;
    - Alaphilippe will be hella motivated to not lose time here. He's gone top 10 in TTs lately, so he'll protect the jersey but not win.
    - Castroviejo and Kwiatkowski would be up there, but will probably be on team rest & relaxation orders with a big day or four ahead...

I'm picking Wout van Aert over Rohan Dennis. He won a similar TT at the Dauphine and seems to like winning a lot.
    MattCraig_DJennifer Post
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Rat farts! Forgot to change my captain.
    Jennifer PostMartin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tad_M said:

Rat farts! Forgot to change my captain.

Given the size of the break this morning, it could go to a bunch sprint...
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Matt said:

Rohan Dennis is out.

Yeah, weird announcement for why he left the race. And rumour on Twitter is that a few other Bahrain-Meridians are ill.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    WOO HOO! Simon Yates unleashes 113 lbs (soaking wet) of fury to win the stage. Maybe I will move out of last now!
    Matt
  • Options
    Martin said:

Matt said:

Rohan Dennis is out.

Yeah, weird announcement for why he left the race. And rumour on Twitter is that a few other Bahrain-Meridians are ill.
    Very weird. Would love to know what the rumored argument was with his team car before he abandoned. And other team members “sick.” Not suspicious at all.

• Options

Martin said:

Matt said:

Rohan Dennis is out.

Very weird. Would love to know what the rumored argument was with his team car before he abandoned. And other team members “sick.” Not suspicious at all.

Ten years ago this would immediately be assumed to be a blood bag mixup or borderline hematocrit reading.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    Fun fact - The route for tomorrow's stage is Pau-Pau, so you can make Pow-Pow jokes and obscure references to El Pistolero Alberto Contador, or sound like an early 00s gang member talking 'bout the Po-Po with impunity.
    Jennifer PostMattAaron Webstey
  • Options
    I am still in suspense over Rohan Dennis. I hope we do find out the truth. I know so little about him. What is “the word” on him? Does he has a history of feuding with his team, other riders, etc.? Does he have a WAG on social media I should follow? I learn more about Froome and Cav from their respective WAG accounts than from their own accounts so want to make sure he doesn’t have a WAG spilling tea. Heh.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Martin said:

WOO HOO! Simon Yates unleashes 113 lbs (soaking wet) of fury to win the stage. Maybe I will move out of last now!

And I had Bilbao (but not as captain, and in the regular Tour de France game, not this league.)
  • Options
    Jesus that looks like a horrible crash for Wout Van Aert.
    Jennifer PostMartin
  • Options
    Matt said:

Jesus that looks like a horrible crash for Wout Van Aert.

Awful! Looks like more than a flesh wound. My right knee aches just looking at the slo mo video.

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Van Aert was my captain, over de gent and Loulou. At some point alaphilippe will run out of energy and pull a Yates, losing 40 min on a stage, right?
    MartinMattCraig_D
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    My captain too @KHilgendorf , and a serious point loss for me going forward. Bummer, he was performing well for the cost.
    Jennifer Post
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tad_M said:

My captain too @KHilgendorf , and a serious point loss for me going forward. Bummer, he was performing well for the cost.

He was my captain too. Don't forget we can swap out our team members using points. 50 points per swap. I ended up making two swaps since I wanted to replace Van Aert with a rider that was more expensive and didn't have budget unless I made a second swap.

• Options
    • QuickStep: Three riders in top 10 in TT.
    • France: Two riders in top 10 in TT.
    • QuickStep: Both riders in top 10 GC are one spot ahead of the top 2 Ineos riders in top 10 on GC
    • Krush-wick sitting pretty in third.
    • Four very dangerous guys in the top 10 who need to take risks to move up: Nairo, Pinot, Yates, Uran.
    • Two experienced and competent riders outside the top 10 who will need to fly suicide missions to move up: Porte, Fuglsgang
    • Movistar needing to pull back 10 minutes on Trek for the Teams classification.
    • And a German in sixth. Always fear the Germans.
    This is going to be a helluva next few days.
    Jennifer PostMatt
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Also, here is another bit of Vos brilliance in La Course, beating Canadian Leah Kirchman to the top step of the podium with a vicious, vicious attack:
    Jennifer PostwchevronMatt
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    France just exploded.

Oh, it was just champagne popping all over the place.
    Jennifer PostMattTad_M
  • Options
    I'm winning!!!!!!!!

Thought I chose pinot as captain today, and would have nailed 1k points on the stage if I'd done so. Super glad I replaced bardet with pinot before the ITT.

Now the question is, can I just choose Loulou for captain and leave it through Paris? At the rate he's going, he could win every stage. Eddy Mercx incarnate.
    MartinMatt
  • Options
    I had "un jour sans" yesterday. Dropped from 2nd to 5th. Reshuffle time!
  • Options
    So regarding Bardet: is this "une semaine sans" or "un mois sans"? I can't figure the guy out this year. This has been, by far, the most intriguing July of the past decade as far as men's bike racing goes.
    M_WareMattJennifer Post
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited July 2019
    I switched up today. Let’s see if I can continue my steady march to the bottom of the standings, 4th to 11th :p
    Tad_MwchevronJennifer Post
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch