frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

I'm now a golfer

doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
I'm sorry.

I didn't want it to be like this, but it was just a natural evolution. Eventually every triathlete will face the day where they'll take up golf.

It started innocent, I just wanted to learn to hit the ball consistently and not make a fool out of myself at an upcoming bachelor party. It went from "maybe I'll go to the driving range a few times" to stopping to hit balls before/after work. Chipping around the property at work. 1 bucket, 2 buckets. "oh hey the course isn't busy maybe I'll play 9". Now I'm playing 9 before work, sometimes 18 after work, and have a lesson booked with a coach this evening.

I have a triathlon in August and a tee time booked that afternoon.

I'm sorry for all those I mocked for taking up golf. It's actually really fun. I'm sorry for the things I said about @trsradio69 after TRS115 and pausing mid-interview with Helle Frederickson to show her his golf swing.
M_WareAaron WebsteyJennifer PostMattGasBombCraig_Dgregk

Comments

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Will you be changing your name to: doyouevengolfbro?
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninJennifer PostTad_MStruangMattGasBombCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryangregk
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I was a golfer long before a triathlete. Parents built a house on a course when I was 7; started even before that. Like anything, you make huge improvements at the beginning, which then taper off and lead quickly to frustration and ire. It's even worse after a long break, when you expect to be as good as you once were, but shoot 15 off expectations. There are a lot of corrollaries between golf and endurance sport.
    Aaron WebsteyJohns622
  • Options
    wchevron said:

Will you be changing your name to: doyouevengolfbro?

Just like Ben I will update my name depending on what my freshest passion is.

doyouevenRokaSunglasses
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostTad_MMattwchevronCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryangregk
  • Options

I was a golfer long before a triathlete. Parents built a house on a course when I was 7; started even before that. Like anything, you make huge improvements at the beginning, which then taper off and lead quickly to frustration and ire. It's even worse after a long break, when you expect to be as good as you once were, but shoot 15 off expectations. There are a lot of corrollaries between golf and endurance sport.

So it's basically triathlon training. I went from a 6:35 HIM to a 5:50, then got fat, trying to make a comeback but just ran a 10k in 1:01.
    Aaron WebsteyMartin
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Apparantly I hit my 40s at age 12.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareMartinTad_MJohns622
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Depends on what your expectations are. I expect to put a ball in every water hazard, hit more bunkers than fairways, and get one birdie in the last 3 holes to get me back out again sometime. 15 off a usual 100 is just a reminder to load up on more booze between 9’s next time out. Guaranteed to leave the course happy that way.
    MartinTad_M
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Brew_Tri said:

Apparantly I hit my 40s at age 12.

That's like my mini-Putt scores
    MartinCraig_D
  • Options
    ImmerCImmerC Member

The main corrollaries being rich white people with type A personalities
    gregk
  • Options
    @ImmerC there's that, plus the addition of inflated self-worth, lack of social awareness and proclivity towards hyperbole. Though I view golf almost as a gateway between the common man and white elitists. Much like bowling and darts, a couple beers help you shoot better. Not so much trying to race a bike.
    gregk
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
  • Options
    I'm sworry, is a Maritimer questioning my grasp of english? Come at me brah.
    Craig_D
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm impressed you know the word Maritimer. But you and @ImmerC should feel shame. I won't insult you by providing further hints.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'm impressed you know the word Maritimer. But you and @ImmerC should feel shame. I won't insult you by providing further hints.

If you can't find her proclivity, you can't use the word.
    Tad_MAaron WebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    I am beings sooooo baaaad*

If you have a young kid and Netflix you
    get that reference
    slickfins_Ryan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    ImmerCImmerC Member

I can think of no better example of Type A then grammar shaming
  • Options
    ImmerC said:

I can think of no better example of Type A then grammar shaming
    LoL - I am far from "type A". Unless the A is for Asshole, in which case you are bang on.
    kjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    That is a very large component of it.
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I tried golfing one time. I was so horrifically bad at it. Like, worse than I was at all of the sports I tried in high school.
    MattAaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options

I tried golfing one time. I was so horrifically bad at it. Like, worse than I was at all of the sports I tried in high school.

That's just it. You start off absolutely terrible and then get to where I'm at where I can at least consistently hit the ball. Then you play with better people, figure out your yardages, see new courses and think you're getting better but then you 4-putt a par 3 and want to kill yourself.
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Matt said:

Have you tried Supacaz bartape on your putter?

I heard @AaronWebstey does
    MattCraig_DAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch