frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Keep The Roost alive for another year, at no cost to you

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Craig D said:

@AaronWebstey one question for you. Do you get paid for clicks on some of the banner ads or is a purchase also required?

The banner ads use some kind of magic formula that involves views and clicks, as far as I can tell, but in the end they are mainly driven by views. That being said, if you already have an affiliate cookie in your browser (from clicking the header link or one of the 'suggested products' ads), then that affiliate would still get your commission.

Another post to come re: affiliate links.
    Craig_Dgregk
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited November 2017
    Just over a year ago, @BHobbs and I came to an agreement that would split the TRS forum off of trstriathlon.com, with forum ownership going 100% to myself and Ben keeping the website. Part of that agreement explicitly stated "no amazon affiliate push that conflicts" with Ben's show/site. As such, I will no longer be actively promoting the TriRoost Amazon USA affiliate link.

What does this mean?
    - You can still support this site through Amazon Canada or UK, Wiggle, the tip jar, Patreon, t-shirts, or the other affiliates you've requested. Note that I'll be focusing my efforts on one or 2 of these in the near future.
    - If you listen to TRS Radio even occasionally, and even if you think Ben is a dink, I am politely asking you to please use Ben's affiliate link for your Amazon.com shopping.
    - my affiliate link does still exist - but again, if you enjoy The Roost, help me respect my agreement and switch to Ben's link if you're a podcast listener. You will be doing my conscience a favour, and what's good for TRS Radio is generally good for The Roost.

Speaking of point #3, every time The Roost is mentioned on TRS Radio, we get one or more new signups and a bump in traffic. So even if you absolutely hate Ben Hobbs and TRS Radio (hard to imagine, but theoretically possible), you still have a reason to support the show.

You can all rest assured that I have received far more than I have given in the last 3 years of being associated with Ben Hobbs. The Roost will go on, even if 100% of you stop generating affiliate commissions. And most importantly, a deal is a deal and I didn't hold up my end. My sincere apologies to Ben. #sworry
    PreachSwansonCraig_DMattJames LangeKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MRobert RankinGranpa Chook
    #KOAT
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    TRS Radio Amazon Link:

#KOAT
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Craig D said:

@AaronWebstey were you still looking into Chain Reaction Cycles for an affiliation program?

Chain Reaction link is now live. Here you go!

[redacted]
    Craig_DKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey thanks. Lots of sales on their site at the moment. Really good pricing on Continental tires as well.
    Aaron Webstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Craig D said:

@AaronWebstey thanks. Lots of sales on their site at the moment. Really good pricing on Continental tires as well.

And thanks to you!!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    Does Ben's affiliate link still have the Roost t-shirts? That link is dead now.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

@Kelly O'Mara I don't know if there is a link from Ben's site, but here is a TriRoost affiliate link to the shirts: http://amzn.to/2AhHcY0
    Kelly O'MaraAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

I've updated the link. It now goes to this summary-of-links thread, which is closed and will sink out of view but remain as a menu item.

http://triroost.com/discussion/3153/merch-and-support-links
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Pro Bike Kit link also live, if that's your deal. 10% off first purchase here.

Will be re-thinking the whole affiliate thing in the new year, so if you have any really strong feelings about any particular one, let me know.

If you're interested in taking a few minutes a week to browse the 'minor affiliates' sites (Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Pro Bike Kit, Wahoo, and any other one you want, probably) and post weekly to a 'weekly deals' thread, I'll pay you a generous portion of the commissions from all those sites. Could be a fun way to work your way toward N+1, make some beer money, or support your addiction to Zwift + Strava Premium . If you're a big online shopper anyway, this might not even take up that much extra time in your life. Bonus points if you post something that entices @James Lange to upgrade his early-2000s gear.
    Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Tad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options

Craig D said:

@AaronWebstey were you still looking into Chain Reaction Cycles for an affiliation program?

Chain Reaction link is now live. Here you go!

[redacted]
    We have officially been booted from the Chain Reaction Cycles affiliate program.

wchevronidking90toebutt769kjrunninCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey it's not even because it wasn't being used enough, but because they think this site isn't cycling related? BS.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I thought it was because the UK cycling sites couldn't sell to US/CAN any more.
    kjrunnin
  • Options
    To be fair, it has made almost 0 dollars. But 'not relevant' seems like a weird excuse.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited March 2019
    I mean, there are many definitions of relevant. I want to say they simply didn't care to be associated with an irrelevant person like @AaronWebstey but it's probably more along the lines of the program not mattering to either the roost or chain reaction's finances.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

I thought it was because the UK cycling sites couldn't sell to US/CAN any more.

They can still sell everything but Shimano and SRAM, can't they?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch