frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Kona Doping

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited March 2019
    The idea of Lionel and Starky being clean is one the few things that keeps me watching the long course.
    Aaron WebsteyJames Lange
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options

bbculp said:

This investigation is heavily focused on triathlon and an earthquake is coming.

Will Typhoon be joining him

This is one of the greatest things posted on this site since its origination.

bbculp said:

This investigation is heavily focused on triathlon and an earthquake is coming.

I am hoping it is Frodeno. Too many rumors around Jan and Emma for years. I just hope we find out if WTC/ITU were complicit in sweeping under test results and telling people they couldn’t race and to play the injury card or just quietly go away.

Call me crazy but I never believed Frodeno’s hip fracture story for his Kona withdrawal. His 1:06 half and then injury almost immediately after? I think he got popped at 70.3 Champs or more likely by an out of comp test or earlier race given time it takes for results.

Bonus points if takes down Ryf. I don’t know anyone who thinks she is clean.
    I think you're pretty spot on as well, and hope you're correct. Haven't had time to follow triathlon close enough lately, but could this possibly be why he isn't on the Oceanside start list as well? I think Jan and Ryf are too big to fall though, and it would get swept away (or at least attempted to) should their names be mentioned. I also think this could have a potential positive impact for the sport from an age group prospective. Only going to bring more attention to the sport.

Aaron WebsteyJennifer Post

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Tad_M said:

Tje idea of Lionel being clean is one the few things that keeps me watching the long course.

This and Starky.
    MattSdogRobert RankinCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Martin said:

Tad_M said:

Tje idea of Lionel being clean is one the few things that keeps me watching the long course.

This and Starky.
    Yes, 1000 Sworrys to Starky. Thanks @Martin
    SdogMartin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Robert Rankin

When I heard Jan wasn't on the Oceanside start list, yes, that was the first thing I thought. That he had been swept up in it. But, I don't follow LC nearly as closely as I do SC so don't know if he had been planning to race or not. I just assumed he would. As for "I think Jan and Ryf are too big to fall though, and it would get swept away (or at least attempted to) should their names be mentioned", I've always suspected they had been caught doping at some point but that WTC and other orgs have kept it quiet. Just like so many other sports, triathlon has the same rumors that the governing bodies are selective in who is exposed and who isn't. I just think this time it might be different and they won't/can't be protected. We'll see. I was basically in the last dozen people in the world that believed Lance was clean. So, probably because of being so naive for so long, I now lean towards assuming any unreal performance is an indication of doping.
    Robert RankinSdogAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGranpa Chookslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    @Rash At least your head is only in the sand. My friends told me my head was somewhere else during the years and years I refused to believe Lance was doping.
    SdogAaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJames Langeslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

@Rash At least your head is only in the sand. My friends told me my head was somewhere else during the years and years I refused to believe Lance was doping.

I was one of those last dozen too. Clueless.
    Jennifer Postslickfins_Ryan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Prasuhn was the last person to believe Lance was on the gear. Literally the last. We had to have an intervention.
    Jennifer PostMattAaron WebsteyRobert RankinMark_after_Darkgregkslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    I believed all the way until June 2012 that Lance was clean. Finally accepted he doped when news came out that 4 former US Postal team members had "asked" US Cycling not to consider them for the 2012 London team. Because, yeah, athletes spend years talking about their goal to race in the Olympics and then suddenly change their minds and "ask" to not be considered. Athletes, they are so fickle! heh

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hincapie-leipheimer-vande-velde-zabriskie-opted-out-of-olympics/
    SdogMattAaron WebsteyGranpa Chook
  • Options
    @bbculp Any other insights you can say? Will any names come out in the future?
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post I actually believe Jan more than most of the top long course performances, like Lange for example, even Lionel, but I wouldn’t be surprised about anybody. Shadow-bans have definitely happened.
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Granpa Chook If any triathletes are involved (which we still don't know for sure) the names will definitely come out. The good thing here is that it's an investigation being run by prosecutors and police, not WADA/NADOs and Ironman. An Austrian prosecutor isn't going to sweep the name of a German triathlete under the rug to save the sport some face.

Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    bbculp said:

@Granpa Chook. An Austrian prosecutor isn't going to sweep the name of a German triathlete under the rug to save the sport some face.

Right. I mean, it's not like triathlon has the unlimited funds of European football leagues to make this go away.
    MattJennifer Postbbculp
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    And the cop who posted the video of the Austrian skier could face 3 years in jail.... :'(
    Jennifer PostGranpa ChookMartinbbculp
  • Options
    Matt said:

And the cop who posted the video of the Austrian skier could face 3 years in jail.... :'(

He'll probably win an international press photo award though. That has to be worth a pack of cigarettes or a deck of cards in jail.
    Jennifer PostMattCraig_DbbculpSdogTad_Mslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited April 2019
    @Tad_M
    New thread
    "Athlete competes in race without supplements and somehow doesn't burst into flames"
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch