frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Meat shears - what kind of washer do I need?

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Nothing to do with endurance sports - sworry. But I'm stumped and can't seem to Google it.

My meat shears came apart, and I think I must have lost a washer or something because I have to tighten them after literally every snip. Can anyone help?

#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    You might need a non slip washer

M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    That nut is oval and is supposed to lock itself to the threads as it’s threaded on. If you have a vice or a decent size set of channel locks, you need to crush it a small amount to make it slightly oval again. It doesn’t take much. Also run to Crappy Tire and grab some blue Loctite Thread locker (Red bottle). Put some on the first few threads of the screw and reassemble. Careful the loctite doesn’t get on your meat. It sticks to everything.
    Aaron Webstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Those nuts are also available at Crappy Tire.
    Aaron Webstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Craig_D said:

Careful the loctite doesn’t get on your meat. It sticks to everything.

Thank you!! I will crush my nut but no promises about keeping my tainted fingers away from my meat
    KenElPescadoPeladoMattCraig_Dkjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Craig_D said:

Those nuts are also available at Crappy Tire.

So are new shears, which will probably cost just about the same as a set of nuts.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Silly computer man cant google this one.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMattsimonsen77Craig_D
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited March 2019
    Personally, i just run the clippers around the base of my meat.

"All male actors shave their balls, Joe. Makes the old Johnson look bigger." - Choda Boy, Orgazmo, 1997
    Craig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch