frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Best footpod for Zwift?

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Anyone tried Zwift running?
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Nope, haven't tried it. But anything that connects to your zwift rig will be fine. If I were to do it, I'd probably go bluetooth to an ipad. Zwift has their own that seems good value.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @AaronWebstey I believe I’ve seen @teawhymonks post Zwift runs on Strava.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    M_WareMartin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Please leave enough capital for summer travel!
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    It's okay. Nowhere near as entertaining as biking on Zwift, but something to look at I guess. Everyone complains about the Zwift runpod. I was supposed to get a free one from that other site, but guess it got lost in the mail or something. Use just a regular old footpod and seem to complain about it being off less than most I see talk about the zwift pod.
    Aaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I've been using the runpod. I don't really have any problems with it. I think one day I'll try it while running outside and running Zwift on my phone. I think anyone that complains that the pods are off don't realize that their treadmills aren't super accurate. Just saying.
    Aaron Webstey
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options
    @toebutt769 yeah after reading the DC Rainmaker article, it's likely that your footpod is more accurate than your TM!

I ordered the Zwift pod :)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    I use the Milestone, now Zwift, pod and no real issue. Every now and then it’ll drop out for a few seconds but I don’t really care since it’s always the second piece of entertainment on the treadmill.

As someone else said it’s not close to as entertaining and biking o Zwift but it’s ok. I don’t think I’d pay extra for it but I’ll use it while I can.
    Aaron Webstey
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I've tried it with multiple foot pods. It's a crap shoot and i'd just recommend ignoring common sense, calibrating something, and just running.

I used a milestone pod (basically the same as the zwift pod), it was accurate to what I calibrated it for. The issue is when I changed speeds, the pod didn't respond. Intervals were pretty impossible. I heard the firmware was updated but I can't really speak to that.

I got a Stryd Live and that probably works the best but when I run outside it's still off compared to GPS so I don't fully trust it on the treadmill, but it's close enough. It responds well to pace changes.

I tested it on two different treadmills at my YMCA and my own treadmill and using the same "speed" they're all different foot pod readings so it's kind of a crap shoot.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    teawhymonksteawhymonks Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I use treadmill smart speed app to control and transmit running speed to Zwift when I run on the treadmill. Running pods are a big headache. I’m trying to get my hand on one of those run social treadmill speed sensor thingies, but it’s been out of stock for months
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch