frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Best US-Can shipping for trainer

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Say someone wanted to ship a 49 lb trainer from USA to Canada. Anyone know the cheapest way? Individual to individual.
#KOAT

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited February 2019
    Matt said:

Why didn't you order a STAC Zero from Toronto?

Are they really a Canadian company? Anyone here have one?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Matt said:

Why didn't you order a STAC Zero from Toronto?

Are they really a Canadian company? Anyone here have one?
    @AaronWebstey I bought a basic one with plans to upgrade it later this year. I love it but have been too busy to ride it lately. I bought it via your amazon.ca link last year so I could pay in Canadian pesos. @James Lange also has one I believe. Do it. You won’t regret it.

Aaron Webstey
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Steve HalewskiSteve Halewski Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey I had the basic one and upgraded to the smart version when it came out. I love it, it works great and is pretty much silent. The road feel isn't amazing, but it is more than good enough in my opinion.
    Craig_D

Steve Halewski
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Say someone wanted to ship a 49 lb trainer from USA to Canada. Anyone know the cheapest way? Individual to individual.

1) Feed her some protein, she sounds malnourished and may have an eating disorder.

2) There are good deals to be found on flights via Expedia.

3) This sounds like human trafficking, which i cannot condone.
    Steve HalewskiCraig_DMartinMattAaron Websteywchevronsimonsen77
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

If you are not in a rush, call a 3PL and ask them for a quote. Otherwise it's probably USPS, as they will have the lowest brokerage charges.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

@AaronWebstey I had the basic one and upgraded to the smart version when it came out. I love it, it works great and is pretty much silent. The road feel isn't amazing, but it is more than good enough in my opinion.

Road feel is better with the added wheel weights. (now standard on 2018/9 models)
    Craig_D
  • Options
    Martin said:

If you are not in a rush, call a 3PL and ask them for a quote. Otherwise it's probably USPS, as they will have the lowest brokerage charges.
    WTF is a 3PL
    #KOAT
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I love my StacZero, mostly because it's so quiet and allows me to train with power without a power meter.

Great company too. When I bought it they counterweight didn't fit on my hub. I e-mailed them, they asked me for some pics and measurements, and within a week I had a 3D printed adapter that fixed the problem.
    MattCraig_D

• Options
    Steve HalewskiSteve Halewski Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

Road feel is better with the added wheel weights. (now standard on 2018/9 models)
    The additional weights definitely did improve the road feel.
    Matt

Steve Halewski
  • Options
    Well I feel like a bad Canadian, but I went ahead with a kickr Core. This is easily the most expensive thing I have bought for myself in the past 15 years (at least). See you on Zwift, players!
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Oh - and bikeflights.com ended up being cheapest.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

This is easily the most expensive thing I have bought for myself in the past 15 years (at least). See you on Zwift, players!

One could argue that whatever cheap bottle of whiskey you bought the day you conceived the twins was more expensive, but I hear ya.
    Aaron WebsteyMattCraig_Dkjrunninsimonsen77
  • Options
    Did you get the engagement ring at Costco?

WTF is a 3PL

Third-party logistics. They send your stuff by boat/air/Fedex/etc. for you and a whole bunch of other people/companies and help with Customs.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    In case you've seen me crushing 1w/kg on Zwift, my brand new trainer was DOA and I'm waiting to hear when they'll be shipping a new one :(

Sticking it out on the old minoura mag500 with speed/cadence for now!
    MattRobert RankinKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    power to weight doper
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Seems Wahoo's quality has gone down as they've gotten more popular. I got one of the first Kickr's, and it's been a tank, but have read a lot of negative reviews lately. When you do get up and running, I've found Zwift really enjoyable. I quit riding it for TrainerRoad when they started charging, and all the new racing features are great! I start every Wednesday getting absolutely destroyed in the Morning Grand Fondo series
    Aaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    @Robert Rankin glad to hear you like Zwift. That's pretty much the whole reason I'm getting it. Fingers crossed!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I'm regressing. My powerbeam shat the bed (maybe I shouldn't have sprayed water in it?) So I decided to replace it with new pedal-basdd power and my old fluid2. Should be just fine for rouvy (though so is virtual power from speed) and can use the same meter outside for consistency. If anyone wants a first gen power2max gossamer crankset I'll probably be looking to sell one in a couple weeks.
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch