frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Alcohol-free January, anyone?

MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Because I'm absolutely not doing this. Or if I was I have failed miserably and repeatedly.
Aaron Websteyabussey1

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I failed day 1. And 2. And 3. And, is today the 4th?
    Aaron WebsteyMartinabussey1
  • Options
    Maddie_McKMaddie_McK Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The fact that drinking after dinner is okay in the January challenge is the only way I'm making it through.
    slickfins_RyanAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMartinabussey1

• Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

The fact that drinking after dinner is okay in the January challenge is the only way I'm making it through.

Same! Also, milkshakes after dinner don’t count, right? As long as there is booze in them?
    Tad_MAaron WebsteyMartinabussey1simonsen77

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I’ve been dry since my NYE champagne toast.

I know, I can’t believe it either.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinmaggieruabussey1Sdog

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm with @KHilgendorf and everyone else. Our server last night claimed to be doing booze-free January, but "our annual staff party is coming up, soooo ...".

January is depressing enough without going cold turkey on booze. Gross. (no offense @kjrunnin - proud of you!!).
    Sdog
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Had a friend/coworker bring this up, so I'm actually giving it a shot. Hasn't been too bad so far, but I suspect the combo of rain + football is going to cause issues today...
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_Dabussey1Sdog

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Did it last year and dropped 10 lbs. The 1 Jan hangover had me wanting to do it again. Made it to Friday...and I'm out.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_Dabussey1Sdog
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I am but it's more a by-product of getting back on keto than targeting alcohol. My autoimmune disease symptoms flared up over the holidays from so many indulgences that I really needed to do a firm keto reset to start feeling better. Alcohol, sadly, is out for a bit until I start feeling better.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_DmaggieruSdog
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I'm only drinking Michelob Ultra this month.... So yes, I'm in.
    M_Wareneil5youngJennifer PostNHetrokjrunninMartinTad_MmaggieruCraig_DAaron WebsteyPevashishDaulKenElPescadoPeladoabussey1
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    I haven’t had anything so far this year and no plans tonight so... why not?

For anyone else in the group:

Craig_DJennifer PostAaron WebsteyPevashishDaulwchevronTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoneil5youngRobert RankinNHetro
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    @maggieru Right? I feel like there are a pile of insta accounts and hashtags I need to unfollow.
    maggieruAaron Webstey

• Options
    I'm officially 5 for 5.
    Craig_DAaron WebsteyPevashishDaulStruangKenElPescadoPeladorangamel
  • Options
    1_Hot_Pretzel1_Hot_Pretzel Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'm officially 5 for 5.

How is that pale ale? I grab Chicago beers whenever I can.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    neil5youngneil5young Member
    edited January 2019
    Spent the day constructing bunk beds for the kids and double fuck this idea...
    Jennifer Post1_Hot_PretzelMartinKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MmaggieruAaron WebsteyRobert RankinCraig_D

• Options
    Not bad, but more pale than belgian. If you like both, it's worth drinking.
    1_Hot_Pretzel
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited January 2019

Spent the day constructing bunk beds for the kids and double fuck this idea...

Ikea. Swedish for "Where's that damn bottle of vodka?"
    KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MAaron Websteyneil5youngJennifer PostCraig_D
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm in, but similar to @Jennifer Post it's a by-product of other dietary restrictions. Trying to avoid sinus surgery or at least figure out the cause of the inflammation issues before having the surgery so I don't have to do it multiple times. Primary care doc wants me to try an anti-inflammatory diet this month then we can introduce things in a controlled way to see if I have any triggers. It's basically Whole30 from what I can tell.

***I don't really drink all that often anyway (I hope this admission doesn't get me banned) so it's not really that hard. Now cutting out sugar, that's a nightmare!!!!
    M_WareAaron WebsteyrangamelCraig_D
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Rash said:

I'm in, but similar to @Jennifer Post it's a by-product of other dietary restrictions. Trying to avoid sinus surgery or at least figure out the cause of the inflammation issues before having the surgery so I don't have to do it multiple times. Primary care doc wants me to try an anti-inflammatory diet this month then we can introduce things in a controlled way to see if I have any triggers. It's basically Whole30 from what I can tell.

***I don't really drink all that often anyway (I hope this admission doesn't get me banned) so it's not really that hard. Now cutting out sugar, that's a nightmare!!!!

I’m the same.
    Don’t drink very often but sugar is tough!!!
    Jennifer PostAaron WebsteyCraig_D
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Its a big industry thing to be sober for january so I will be sober....just dont tell anyone cuz I gotta keep my rep up
    M_Wareneil5youngJennifer PostkjrunninTad_MAaron WebsteymaggieruCraig_DMartin
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited January 2019
    I will start after the football game tonight. Had plans to not booze (and cut sugar) as part of my plan to drop weight for the year for IMFL. With 2 small kids I doubt I’ll make it, but worth a shot. I occasionally drink like a college student and eat candy like an 8 year old, so this should go well.
    Jennifer PostM_Wareneil5youngTad_MAaron WebsteymaggieruSdogCraig_D

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    @Rash Hang in there. I hope the anti-inflammatory and elimination work gives you some info. Looking at possible sinus surgery does not sound fun.
    M_WareRashAaron Webstey
  • Options

I will start after the football game tonight. Had plans to not booze (and cut sugar) as part of my plan to drop weight for the year for IMFL. With 2 small kids I doubt I’ll make it, but worth a shot. I occasionally drink like a college student and eat candy like an 8 year old, so this should go well.

Mine are 3.5 and 2, so I feel ya, man.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinCraig_D

• Options
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited January 2019
    go big or go home, way to go out with style @kjrunnin !!! (I believe the Hopslam was my downfall - and I had so much promise to win this challenge....)
    Aaron Websteykjrunnin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Confession: I had to have a beer at lunch for work. Its a whole thing, but we made the sale so it was worth it.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareJennifer PostStruangKenElPescadoPelado
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    kjrunnin said:

I’m out.

Good thing I finally shipped your secret santa gift last weekend
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostkjrunninCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I started brewing my own kombucha and that suddenly evolved into me fermenting everything.

Long story short I intended to go relatively alcohol free for january but then brewed some tepache (fermented pineapple drink) and I mixed it with some Corona. It was amazing so I'm currently brewing another batch.
    Jennifer PostBrew_TriCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    I am still alcohol-free but have a birthday this weekend so.....
    Martin
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post - hang in there! (insert picture of a kitten hanging on)
    M_WareJennifer PostkjrunninMartinCraig_DTad_MAaron WebsteymaggieruKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch