frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ride recommendations: Palm Springs

kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
Next month, I am headed to PS to play bikes in the sun for a week with my besties. Any route recommendations?

M_Ware

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Do you want flat or mountains? There's loads of great climbing within an hour of there.
  • Options
    Climbing! Though we are there for 8 days and I know at least one of my squad won’t embrace the climbing so flat options welcome too.
    M_Ware

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    For the flats, just stick around palm springs/desert. Most of the famous climbs in so cal are a short drive away. Baldy, glendora, and palomar are all reasonably close and are staples of the tour of California. Probably the best, or easiest, way to find a climb worth doing in your neighborhood is checking out what Phil gaimon has been riding on strava.
    kjrunnin
  • Options
    Thank you. I will check out his Strava!

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Palomar Mtn is definitely one of the big ones between Palm Springs & San Diego. It has two routes, steep and steeper! The IM70.3 Indian Wells and HITS courses have some good flatter riding. HITS probably goes further away from vehicle traffic.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch