frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ask a Farmer Anything

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
edited November 2018 in Main
Ask resident farmers @ItsShug and @mbrekk44 anything. Farming, animals, vegetables, life, love. Preferably something only a farmer can answer with authority. #TriRoostAFA
#KOAT
ItsShugGranpa ChookMaddie_McKGasBombmaggierugregk

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Dear farmers,
    Why does our lettuce have salmonella or whatever?
    Thx,
    Canada
    Craig_DGasBombmaggieruellsworth53tgregk
    #KOAT
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Dear farmers,
    Why does our lettuce have salmonella or whatever?
    Thx,
    Canada

To punish vegans for being douchebags.

Next question please.
    Aaron WebsteywchevronGranpa ChookkjrunninMartinCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MdoyoueventribroRobert Rankinidking90Johns622slickfins_RyanGasBombmaggieruStruangPevashishDaulgregkbalsdorfyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited November 2018
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Matt, Velma is going to have nightmares.

Granpa ChookMattAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MRobert Rankinslickfins_RyanGasBombyournotunique
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Goats seem really awesome. Are they as awesome as they seem?

If not what is the G.O.A.T. Non-goat animal?
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryangregkyournotunique
  • Options

Yes and no. Goats can be pretty cool. But they eat fucking anything, and shit everywhere.

We had a goat when I was a kid. Named petunia. She chewed tabacco. She wouldn't leave you alone until you gave her a dip. She'd walk around with a dip in, shitting all over the shop. If you didn't give her enough attention she'd run straight at the back door and jump on it landing on it with all four hooves. She also hated my grandma. For some reason she also hated my grandma. Every time she came over petunia would jump on top of her Cadillac. Grandma was always less than impressed.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DGrantInSLCKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MGasBombGranpa Chookyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Matt said:

Why do farmers have sex with sheep on the edge of a cliff?

They get scared and try to back up and move around a lot. Same with putting them in the corner of the pen.

Disclaimer: I have never raised sheep. But we had this white trash dude on our bus route that got caught fucking a sheep by everyone on the bus one day when they dropped his little sister off after school. He had a reputation after that.

Also a disclaimer: wasnt my bus route
    MattAaron WebsteyCraig_DTad_Mslickfins_RyanGasBombyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    Matt said:

Also check out velcro gloves. ;) Thank me later.
    Aaron WebsteyMattMartinCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622slickfins_RyanGasBombyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    ItsShug said:

Yes and no. Goats can be pretty cool. But they eat fucking anything, and shit everywhere.

We had a goat when I was a kid. Named petunia. She chewed tabacco. She wouldn't leave you alone until you gave her a dip. She'd walk around with a dip in, shitting all over the shop. If you didn't give her enough attention she'd run straight at the back door and jump on it landing on it with all four hooves. She also hated my grandma. For some reason she also hated my grandma. Every time she came over petunia would jump on top of her Cadillac. Grandma was always less than impressed.

I swear to god this describes one of my college roommates to a T.

Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622Aaron WebsteyItsShugGasBombMattyournotunique
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    How're the pickins at FarmersOnly.com?
    Tad_MMattCraig_Dmaggierugregk
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    ItsShug said:

I didn't know I wanted a goat until now

Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombmaggieruMartin

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options

How're the pickins at FarmersOnly.com?

Oh man. That's a dark place. Just don't.

KenElPescadoPeladoMatt
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited November 2018
    ItsShug said:

Eat anything, shit anywhere, chews tobacco, hates people with nicer cars than them.

I'm 90% sure your goat was actually just a Cape Bretoner. What was his father's name?
    idking90Aaron Websteyslickfins_RyankjrunninCraig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoMartinyournotunique
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    I have chickens. AMA.
    Aaron WebsteyItsShugGasBombMartin
  • Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Why are some eggs white and some are brown? I think about this a lot but yet never google it.
    Aaron WebsteyItsShug

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options

Why are some eggs white and some are brown? I think about this a lot but yet never google it.

@regular_mark

I'm not allowed to have chickens. Erika has a no shit phobia of them things. Plus raccoons are hard on keeping the fuckers alive. I got a buddy at work that supplies us all our farm fresh eggs.
    Mark_after_DarkmaggieruKenElPescadoPelado
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Can a cow get back up if you tip it over. And do they really sleep standing up?
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @slickfins_Ryan some are blue. Some are light grey. Some are yellow. Different breeds lay different eggs.

But in the end, you are eating nothing but liquid chicken babies.
    ItsShugAaron WebsteyRobert RankinMartinJohns622yournotuniqueslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Do the chickens lay eggs every day?
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    ItsShug said:

Matt said:

They get scared and try to back up and move around a lot. Same with putting them in the corner of the pen.

Disclaimer: I have never raised sheep. But we had this white trash dude on our bus route that got caught fucking a sheep by everyone on the bus one day when they dropped his little sister off after school. He had a reputation after that.

My bus route had a similar white trash dude. He got caught freshman year and was known as goat poke for all 4 years of high school. 25 years later and I write the guys auto insurance. By the smell coming from him when he stops by my office, I would say his amorous pursuits have not changed over the years! Plus I have a hard time not calling him goat poke when he is just wanting to pay his auto insurance.
    ItsShugAaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoyournotuniqueslickfins_Ryan

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    @wchevron depends, sometimes they are "broody" and don't do shit. If not, generally they will lay every day.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    wchevron said:

Can a cow get back up if you tip it over. And do they really sleep standing up?

Yes, they will some times sleep standing up. Cow tipping is a fine art but really dangerous for the cow. you can break legs, ribs, and ankles of the cow pretty easy.

Its hard enough to sneak up on them while they are asleep but if you can get two other people to hold a 2x12 on the side you're tipping, almost against their legs, so they can't catch themselves.
    Aaron WebsteyMartin
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    GasBomb said:

ItsShug said:

Matt said:

My bus route had a similar white trash dude. He got caught freshman year and was known as goat poke for all 4 years of high school. 25 years later and I write the guys auto insurance. By the smell coming from him when he stops by my office, I would say his amorous pursuits have not changed over the years! Plus I have a hard time not calling him goat poke when he is just wanting to pay his auto insurance.
    How do 2 people on this forum have first hand knowledge of a goat fornicator?

GasBombAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMartinCraig_Dyournotunique

• Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    OH LAWD HE COMIN
    Matt said:

Aaron WebsteyrangamelMattKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_Dbalsdorfyournotunique
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @Robert Rankin Dude you live in Florida. I guarantee Florida Man is a goat fornicator.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinItsShugKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_Dsimonsen77

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    GasBomb said:

@Robert Rankin Dude you live in Florida. I guarantee Florida Man is a goat fornicator.

I’m beginning to think Florida Man is just a midwestern retiree now

GasBombKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    teawhymonksteawhymonks Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Are farmers loyal to one particular sheep they having sex with, or are they promiscuous? And, are sheep having sex with farmers?
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankinidking90simonsen77
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I have chickens. AMA.

Given the naming convention & Baltimoresque survival rate of your chickens, what season of The Wire would you say you're on now?
    M_Waremaggieru
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options

Are farmers loyal to one particular sheep they having sex with, or are they promiscuous? And, are sheep having sex with farmers?

There's always a favorite.
    teawhymonksAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch