frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Minimal Multisport Podcast - Ep 10 w/ Ben Hoffman

gregkgregk Member
edited November 2018 in Main
Oh snap-and-a-half! A new episode of the Minimal Multisport Podcast is here! I spoke with Ben Hassle-The-Hoff Hoffman, who should need no introduction. If you've been living under a rock, he's a multiple Ironman Champion, funny guy, and wine/bacon savant. We talked about the injury that kept him out of Kona this year, his opinions on the direction of triathlon, and we even reference the Ben Hobbs episode, and how all people named Ben must live at least 6 months of their life in an Airstream trailer. Download it now and enjoy 53 minutes of bliss.

Oh, and for my loyal Patreon supporters, I'm working on uploading the bonus show - which is super fun and has some real gems.

THANK YOU to this episode's sponsor - TriRoost.com!

BLOG LINK

ITUNES LINK (it's in the mobile feed now - should be on desktop soon)

EDIT: I made a goof. Missed one little section that I meant to edit out (basically me and Ben just saying "don't worry, we can edit this out later"). Uploaded a new version to iTunes. It's about 1 min shorter than the original (53 min vs 54 min)... you can delete your original and download this new one if you haven't fired up the show yet. #sworry
The Dude at Minimal Multisport Podcast, Blog, and YouTube.
MY PATREON!
Aaron WebsteyGranpa Chooksimonsen77PevashishDaulCraig_DM_WarebbculpJames Lange

Comments

• Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    His calves are so dreamy <3 <3 <3
    gregkAaron WebsteyMattMartinslickfins_Ryan
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    @ItsShug - best calves in triathlon.
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The last time I puked from drinking was after a pub crawl in Boulder with Hoff. Dude's an animal.
    gregkAaron WebsteyCraig_DMattMartinslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Interesting interview. I was wondering what his plans are next and how he’s going to do to get to Kona next year.
    That injury isn’t one I’ve heard of before but clearly it’s a common one!

I have listened back to your other interviews (not so interested in the other ones) but just wondering when you’re going to get some women on? Seems to be a bit male heavy interviewees at the moment.
    kjrunninM_WareAaron Webstey
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    Brad, you think thats impressive.. i once was part of a 24hr non stop Bukkake fest with The Hoff. The guy puts industrial fire extinguishers to shame.
    bbculpgregkMartinslickfins_RyanMark_after_Dark
  • Options
    rangamel said:

Interesting interview. I was wondering what his plans are next and how he’s going to do to get to Kona next year.
    That injury isn’t one I’ve heard of before but clearly it’s a common one!

I have listened back to your other interviews (not so interested in the other ones) but just wondering when you’re going to get some women on? Seems to be a bit male heavy interviewees at the moment.

@rangamel didn't you read the fine print? It's a white-male-only show, not fit for the ears of anyone else! :p

In all seriousness, that wasn't a plan - it's just how it has shaken out so far. I'm talking to a female coach right now about being on the show. And actually, I was all set to have a woman on the show early on (episode ~4), but she's the only guest so far that has completely ghosted me. We did a 30 minute pre-show call to plan it all out and it all seemed great, but then when we got to actually scheduling the interview she stopped responding. Who knows - life stuff happens.

The larger thing going on here is that I'm a nobody and I'm just trying to keep the show going however I can with whatever guests I have access to and that fit with the show - and so far that's been mostly guys. As of now the show takes as much time as a part time job but it's still not breaking even financially - which limits the time I can spend on it.

Consider this a call out to the ladies!!! Calling all gals with an interest in multisport, minimalism, and are willing to talk to me for an hour!
    rangamelAaron Webstey
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    Greg,

I noticed that you haven't had any Muslims on the show.

Explain
    rangamelMartinAaron Websteyslickfins_RyanMark_after_Darkgregkbbculp
  • Options
    You’re not a nobody, you’re part of the Rooster Endurance family!! That makes you a somebody!

Good to know you’re planning to balance it out a bit more. :3
    M_WareAaron WebsteygregkTad_M

• Options
    slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I have a suggestion for a future female guest - Dani Grabol. I sat next to her on a flight from Kona to SF, she is a friggin’ badass. First female to finish Epic 5, (@rangamel you were the 2nd to do so, right?) and she and her husband work on the Kyle Pease Foundation. She is super cool, awesome, and very nice.
    Aaron Websteygregk

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

• Options

I have a suggestion for a future female guest - Dani Grabol. I sat next to her on a flight from Kona to SF, she is a friggin’ badass. First female to finish Epic 5, (@rangamel you were the 2nd to do so, right?) and she and her husband work on the Kyle Pease Foundation. She is super cool, awesome, and very nice.

Yep! You’re correct.
    I agree, she’s an awesome chick!

Aaron Websteyslickfins_Ryangregk

• Options

Greg,

I noticed that you haven't had any Muslims on the show.

Explain

@PevashishDaul it's all part of my grand conspiracy to fully solidify triathlon as a white male sport with moderately serious-but-not-too-serious Christian beliefs! ;)

I think I must put off some aura of being super pro-dude. I had some ladies call me out hard in the comments on a Slowtwitch article I wrote about saddles. It was 100% written to apply to ALL genders, but I think some women thought that because I'm a guy I was only writing to guys. The only men's specific thing in the 2,000 word piece was a single sentence referencing a prostate issue. It totally caught me off guard. I had to write a long addendum to make the gender issue super clear and ended up deleting the sentence about the prostate issue (sorry dudes). Who knows - maybe it's just the nature of the negative comments over there, or maybe they were just having a bad day. Or maybe I have a bad juju aura... :( #sworry
    PevashishDaul
    MY PATREON!
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @gregk Get Heather Jackson on to talk about her IMAZ win.
    gregkAaron WebsteyM_WarerangamelMattTad_M
  • Options
    What about Katie Zaferres (sp?) of Heather Wertle (sp?). They both seem to embrace the minimalist lifestyle!
    M_WareAaron WebsteygregkJohns622Tad_Mslickfins_Ryan

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Good stuff everyone! Sounds like I have my work cut out for me! :) Just a heads-up, I normally have to record and plan quite a bit ahead of time, so it'll likely be at least a couple months before any of these make it on the air (assuming, of course that these folks agree to come on the show). Right now I have 3 in the can and two more scheduled to record next week. If I can find the time to catch up on editing, I might release shows two weeks in a row when I can (I normally release one every 2 weeks).
    rangamelAaron Websteybbculpkjrunnin
    MY PATREON!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch