frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Super League Malta

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Comments

• Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited October 2018
    I am! I love all the shade being thrown at Tyler mislawchuck. I don’t think Alistair likes him that much =)
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

I am! I love all the shade being thrown at Tyler mislawchuck. I don’t think Alistair likes him that much =)

On behalf of Tyler, sworry.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Love the eliminator format with Charbot/Polyanski/Sharpe trying not to be the one eliminated in stage 1 and being forced to uncork it on the uphill sprint finish to boot.
    Very cool.
    Aaron WebsteyPreachSwanson
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I just finished watching. The 4am start time was just too early for me. I ended up recording the broadcast on beIN. Some audio issues but overall good and I really enjoyed hearing Ali on the women's race. I like Flora but I was happy she wasn't the commentator. I just love how Ali calls it like it is. He cracked me up when he said something about "my compatriot Jodie Stimpson swimming over some of the women."

I loved the hill and corners on the course this time. Much more interesting course than what we saw in Jersey.

I am impressed with the prize money too. Great to see athletes earning decent prize money. I think they said the winners get $20k. Not bad considering they race again next weekend too.

M_WareAaron WebsteyGranpa Chook
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Another day of exciting racing. Can't wait until next weekend. I continue to be entertained by the commentary. The strategy discussions on when certain athletes should take the shortcut (super?) chute was really interesting.

The back and forth teasing between the commentators is amusing too. Excluding the actual race commentary, my favorite bit was when Ali made the comment about being "a cultured Englishman among two uncultured Aussies" when Macca had started teasing him for studying Malta history in prep for the race.
    Granpa Chook
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited October 2018
    @Jennifer Post That was so funny. Can we upgrade the two Australians for someone else? =)

Super League Tri aka the Tour of Tax Haven Marinas.

I liked the hill, need more hilly runs in Triathlon. Luis looked like shit (as much as Vincent Luis can look like shit) and I thought Schoeman was going to get him on the last lap, but Luis just killed it in the last hill. The TT start format really mattered in the equalizer.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Sorry @slickfins_Ryan , I'm claiming Luis. That is one alpha motherfucker.
    idking90slickfins_Ryan
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @Granpa Chook I actually like the lead broadcaster Will McCloy. I think he achieves a nice balance of hosting and adding interesting/funny parts and letting Brownlee just go. My favorite story Will told was how they gave a bottle of champagne to Schoeman as congrats on his engagement and he started to shake the bottle.
  • Options

Sorry @slickfins_Ryan , I'm claiming Luis. That is one alpha motherfucker.

I love how TriRoost has adopted Vincent Luis as our idol. Much more sensible choice than Sanders like that other site. Even with a bad tattoo he wins.

Granpa ChookAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    In Vincent we trust! Only He can run bow-legged and have it be so beautiful.

Superleague Mallorca this weekend, Spanish-Canadian Mario Mola so sworry he can’t race. When I google “Mallorca tax haven” I get less hits than Jersey and Malta, but I still get some. Superleague Cayman islands 2019 confirmed.
    Jennifer PostAaron Webstey
  • Options
    I love seeing all the social media posts from Mallorca. The athletes are being treated like rockstars. Even had a chartered A319 for direct flight from Malta. The Rafa Nadal Academy looks amazing too. I saw that TZaferes got a race slot due to his swim TT he did after the elites where he finished 5th.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Super League Miami. Oh wait, it's not the 80's anymore.
    idking90slickfins_Ryan
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    This is an OUTRAGE! Henri Schoeman? More like Henri BOOman. Our precious Vincent surely must have been cheated somehow.

(Just kidding, impressive racing from Henri)
    #KOAT
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    @AaronWebstey dropped chain out of T1 in round 1 of the triple mix, plus technical narrow course meant he was doomed.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    More importantly, Katie crushed it. My favourite. Sworry @TZaferes but I love your wife.
    M_WareJennifer PostTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Was fun to see @TZaferes mixing it up though with his wildcard.
    M_WareAaron Websteyidking90Jennifer PostTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Woooo @TZaferes not eliminated!
    Jennifer PostTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    I love seeing the athletes get big checks. $20k per round win and $100k for series final is fantastic. Anyone know what the athletes on contract get? I assume bigger names get bigger contracts but curious what the standard contract is for athletes who don’t make podiums.
    Aaron WebsteyGranpa Chook
  • Options
    That was really fun to watch. I like how the athletes had more choices to make during the race, like when to take the shortcut, which swimming line.

Enduro is a great format, I wish it was a bit longer but still one of the best formats in Triathlon.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I just finished watching Mallorca, but held off checking this thread till now to avoid spoilers.

I have to say I have been really impressed with SuperLeague in every way. Sure there were some audio issues, some announcers talking over each other, and some awkward interviews, but the racing is great and all the decisions they make about supershoots/shortcuts seem to help and not hunder the race. Ultimately SuperLeague rewards the best all-around athletes and does't let anyone hide.

Ali is a gem, Macca is Macca, and Vicky Holland does a better color job than any other female pros (and I think she does offer something to the women's race that Ali can't because she knows the women so much better). My only real beef from the coverage was the motorcycle in Malta and the boat in Malllorca being so close. Also, the focus on showing the pack when interesting things are happening at the front is a little frustrating, but I'm sure whoever the director is will figure that out as the series progresses.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch