frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Kona Champion speeches

slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
Anyone hear the speeches at the banquet last night that wasn’t there? If you can find it, watch daniela’s. It was pretty great. She even showed emotion at one point (we assumed at the part on her printout that read: [SHOW EMOTION HERE]. She talked about how she was so close to pulling out of the race because of how much pain she was in from the jellyfish, and how incredible it was that she was able to push through the pain and come out where she did. I do wish she was honest though about how she was going to return to the ocean that night with a flashlight and a knife in her mouth to hunt the family of the jellyfish that stung her. I’m planning to photoshop this visual soon.

Also, Patrick Lange said that Mark Allen told him not to write a speech, but to speak from he heart. I’ve never spoken from the heart in German, but I bet it would go about as well as Patrick Lange’s speech from the heart in English went. Buddy, write some shit down next time.

Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

Aaron WebsteyMartinJennifer PostkjrunninRobert RankinTad_MMattsimonsen77idking90rangamelKenElPescadoPeladopeteGasBomb

Comments

• Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm so sick of hearing about the fucking jellyfish. For those of you who've never been stung, it's slightly more painful and long-lasting than a bee sting. Unless you have an allergic reactions, you're fine in an hour.
    slickfins_RyanPevashishDaulAaron WebsteyHMkrplunkitMattidking90
  • Options
    I was stung in the ankle by a bee (I assume?) in the first minute of the bike during a triathlon one year. It hurt a lot for yeah, about a minute, but I had no issues finishing the race.
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    IanL said:

I was stung in the ankle by a bee (I assume?) in the first minute of the bike during a triathlon one year. It hurt a lot for yeah, about a minute, but I had no issues finishing the race.

"IAN. YOU. ARE. AN. IRONMAN! "
    Aaron WebsteyIanLCraig_D
  • Options
    bbculp said:

I'm so sick of hearing about the fucking jellyfish. For those of you who've never been stung, it's slightly more painful and long-lasting than a bee sting. Unless you have an allergic reactions, you're fine in an hour.

Thank you! She's making it out like she got stung by a man o war. I'm far from world class and have been stung during races a couple times, and it slowed me down less. I'm thinking she had a shitty swim and maybe saw a jellyfish. Crazy unlikely she was swimming in a pack and was the only one hit if she were stung.
    HMkrplunkitbbculpAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Man! I was going to ask what kind of jellyfish live in Hawaii that getting stung once was a huge issue.

I had a race in the St. Mary’s river off the Potomac and I swear to god it was like that scene in Finding Nemo when they go through the jellyfish feilds. Thankfully I was covered in Sea Safe jellyfish repellant. I did miss a couple places on my chin, back of my knees and under my watch. But I’ll tell you, if you have never put your hand in a jellyfish it is quite like sticking your hand in a bowl of angel hair pasta. Thought my stroke was going to be wreked as I was shaking my hand out of jellyfish, but it helped me swim much faster to get the fuk out of there.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoslickfins_Ryanpete
    HMKP
  • Options
    And yeah... I’m basically a badass.
    MartinIanLAaron WebsteyCraig_DM_WareKenElPescadoPelado
    HMKP
  • Options
    It's mostly box jellies in Hawaii, especially on the west side of the islands. Outbreaks are fairly predictable based on the last full moon, and last week would not have been an outbreak week. I got stung once last week (over the course of 7 swims), which is pretty average. It burned for a couple minutes, I finished my swim no problem, and I didn't do any interviews about it.

There have been a ton of man-o-wars around Oahu lately and I did see someone post a picture of a dead one from Kona last week. It happened while she was wading in the water before the start, so I doubt a large man-o-war came through the field and only stung her.

HMkrplunkitAaron WebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Man! I was going to ask what kind of jellyfish live in Hawaii that getting stung once was a huge issue.

I had a race in the St. Mary’s river off the Potomac and I swear to god it was like that scene in Finding Nemo when they go through the jellyfish feilds. Thankfully I was covered in Sea Safe jellyfish repellant. I did miss a couple places on my chin, back of my knees and under my watch. But I’ll tell you, if you have never put your hand in a jellyfish it is quite like sticking your hand in a bowl of angel hair pasta. Thought my stroke was going to be wreked as I was shaking my hand out of jellyfish, but it helped me swim much faster to get the fuk out of there.

Ohmygod that's terrifying and now I will have nightmares about that.
    MartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Every article on ST...

"Back when I ran the bike count."

"Back when I designed bikes."

"Back before I had to pretend to respect women."

It's worse than Webstey's constant reminders that he once met Simon Whitfield.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMattTad_MMartinsimonsen77PevashishDaulidking90Craig_Dpete
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    bbculp said:

Every article on ST...

Or that he can stroke his Rooster Endurance cock at work whenever he wants.

Okay maybe he just admitted to it once and I keep bringing it up out of sheer unadulterated envy.
    bbculpTad_MCraig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    bbculp said:

Every article on ST...

"Back when I ran the bike count."

"Back before I had to pretend to respect women."

Hey, don't sell me short - nothing is worse than those constant reminders. Did I mention that I babysat his cats one time and fixed his router in exchange for toast?
    bbculpMartinPevashishDaulmaggieruCraig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited October 2018
    bbculp said:

Every article on ST...

Latest post about the new Shiv, commenter Scott Revlin gets it right.
    kjrunninsimonsen77MartinCraig_D
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    There is no way I'm wading through that thread to find Scott's comment, there's not enough Space Food Cream Team on Untappd http://untp.beer/JYrx to make that a tolerable experience
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
  • Options
    Struang said:

There is no way I'm wading through that thread to find Scott's comment, there's not enough Space Food Cream Team on Untappd http://untp.beer/JYrx to make that a tolerable experience

“Cotton Candy Pina Colada Space Cookie Double Milkshake IPA”
    What in the fux kind of fru-fru hipser nonsense beer is that?
    kjrunninbbculp
    HMKP
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Struang said:

There is no way I'm wading through that thread to find Scott's comment

It's a Front Page article, not a Forum thread

KenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostCraig_D
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    That's our guy @scotty!
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMartinMattJennifer PostTad_MCraig_Dsimonsen77
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    I would have done the bike count this year but i was selling semi conductors to cannibals in Sri Lanka.

That, and i got run over by a bus this year.

Slowman, can we make this thread a sticky?

Speaking of sticky, my underoos are soiled, bye tri gang!
    Pev
    bbculpAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoGasBomb

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch